Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM       
It wasn't an insulting comment towards me, was it Jeanette?

I submitted that quote because I think you're limiting yourself and allowing yourself to be stereotyped if you willingly let someone call you "liberal" or "conservative" or whathaveyou. Even if I was rightwing, I wouldn't like to be associated with someone like Pat Robertson, on the other hand if I was leftist I wouldn't go along with the likes of the Clintons. Guilt by association. The same reason leftists are called hippies and babykillers and the conservatives are called the powerhungry ecokillers. I'm not either. The closest thing I could call myself is centrist, because instead of succumbing to a particular party's agendas, I like making up my own mind, and in taking on either wing and proudly proclaiming that label, all you are doing is pigeonholing yourself. Both sides have faults and to proclaim yourself on that side is to take on the stigmas of each side, whether you agree or not.

Most annoying is choosing neither left or right wing, but being called a tree-hugging baby killer because I'm prochoice, but what it all boiled down to for me was, why should I concern myself with a stranger's body? I'm not aborting the baby myself, nor am I holding a gun to this woman's head saying she should abort it. You call down your own thunder.

Is any of this making sense? It's not like I organized it...

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:04 PM       
so, by your theory, anyone be able to kill anyone that is entrusted to them.

So even if the kid was born 3 days ago, its still ok to kill it?
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:36 PM       
Tell me where it says that abortion, by its own definition, involves dead babies post-natum.

I never said it was right, or moral, or in some cases even legal. People DO make mistakes, or have moral lapses. Psychiatrists get paid to listen to these people's mistakes and regrets. What I'm saying is, it boils down to choice.

Do you like having people's opinions crammed down your throat, whether they're right or not? I personally think the leftists are the more correct of the two about this war (no one can be ENTIRELY correct, it's impossible in practice) and they're trying to tell you why, but what if someone made a law saying you were not allowed to disagree with the leftist's opinions. I'll admit it's sad that a woman chooses to have her child aborted, but what else can be done? Adoption agencies can't find enough quality homes, and am I to assume that YOU'LL correct these mistakes? Will YOU take in a baby that could've been aborted? I bet you'll find it a TAD inconvenient. And if you're so concerned about "right to life", tell me then, why do pro-lifers stomp all over the homeless on their way to the next clinic bombing? Is it a right to life until you are born? Here's a cardboard box, good luck? Is it a right to life until that very same baby grows up to be an abortion doctor? THEN you can kill him?

The bottom line: BE CONCERNED WITH YOURSELF. Would you want a bunch of protestors nitpicking a big mistake YOU might've made in your past? You might've smoked a little pot in high school, does that mean I can gather a group of anti-drug protestors and bear down on your front yard?

I never said I agree with the choice. I just respect that people have the freedom to be ALLOWED the choice. That will be THEIR cross to bear. So until you can ASSURE me that EVERY single baby that was to be aborted will be brought up in a loving, secure, happy home, keep the preaching to yourself. I equate it to euthanasia. Would you want to live in a COMPLETELY unbearable situation? How about a baby born to a homeless 15 year old runaway with no means to support herself, or the adoption agency that finds that child a home with an abusive, alcoholic foster parent?

If a child has SOME hope, then no, I do not advocate abortion. However, if that child will NEVER grow up with any hope, I advocate it. If the mother will die in childbirth, I advocate it. Does this clear it up?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:06 PM       
There are only like three conservatives here that I've noticed. Zeb, Ronnie and possibly VibeCrewAngel. Carnie and myself tend to me situational Conservatives depending upon the issue of debate.

Considering the liberals out there, like Kelly, Ranxor, Kevin, Proto, Mock, Satan, CLA, and Chojin, I don't think this board is anywhere near taking a conservative slant.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:56 PM       
out of everything that i have posted here ror, you have yet to notice me, eh?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
It wasn't an insulting comment towards me, was it Jeanette? .
Heavens no.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:12 AM       
"Out of everything that i have posted here ror, you have yet to notice me, eh?" - Eye Tie

Shit man, I'm sorry, yeah, your sitting on the Right side with the rest of us