Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 09:32 AM        The big DC reboot
What, DC was jealous of Marvel's self destructive editorial repudiation of everything it had ever done and now has to join in?

Wasn't Wonder Woman already stupidly rebooted, like what, ten minutes ago?

And DC thought since Marvel busted up their only married couple, they'd double down and bust up their only two married couples?

Okay, here's my DC race off. Place your bets. After the new #1's debut, which gets the axe first? Superman's new all blue leotard or Batwing, The Batman Of Africa?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM       
I haven't been following any Marvel or DC since after Blackest Night, and I'm kind of glad, based on what I've heard. Superman has an all-blue leotard?

That was very funny. Well done.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 03:39 PM       
I'm more surprised to learn that Africa has a Batman.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM       
He will. It's one of the many changes in store when DC reboots their continuity, cancels all books and debuts 52 #1's in a few months.

Oh, also for big stupid aspects of this, say goodbye to all golden age cahracters and everything JSA related. The sole survivors is Mr. Terrific.

And Barbara Gordon is Batgirl again. 'Killing Joke' never happened, Oracle never happened.

I have bought comics in over two years, part of the belt tightening when I lost my job. A friend told me about the reboot and I took a look at DC's sight, where the true level of idiocy is made clear.

Even as a recovering reader, it pisses me off.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
NO MORE DOOM PATROL?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
And Barbara Gordon is Batgirl again. 'Killing Joke' never happened, Oracle never happened.
awww wtf. I don't even like comics that much, but I loved those parts.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM       
And they made this huge effort to make sure all the African American characters are still in the mix, not one got the axe, but the one handicapped character? Gone. Explain the logic there.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 02:47 AM       
Ugh. See, Jamie Reyes or whatever his name is is a shitty Blue Beetle, but he's hispanic, so you know he won't get his head blown off. I hate that kind of shit. It goes way past putting in minorities and turns into pointing at them furiously in case anyone's missing the fact that some of these characters are new and ethnic.

I have no desire to get back into DC or Marvel at this point. All of the convoluted bullshit is bad enough, but then they just reboot it so they can pull the same shit again. It's a terrible, ineffective cycle, and it's no wonder that it's so hard for people to get into comics. This stupid shit? Not a good way to pull in new readers or keep old ones.

I'm just going to stick with reading Dynamite and Vertigo comics from now on.

Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM       
I'm not a hundred percent certain, but I think DC is pulling the plug on Vertigo. I know they are moving Constantine and Swamp Thing back into the mainstream universe.
The Wolf
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM       
Oh, shit, that's right. I remember reading about certain characters re-entering the mainstream universe, but I was hoping that they'd still keep the imprint itself alive. I guess there's always...Image.

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 08:48 PM       
We'll have to accept that Ted Kord is probably never coming back and not all of the DC titles are being affected by the reboot. Green Lantern will stay the same, for instance, and Batman will remain relatively unscathed. I think there's a lot of good that will come from this though, you just have to look at what's around. A new Vigilante book by Darwin Cooke? Awesome. A Red Lantern ongoing? Awesome. New Animal Man? Awesome. A new Blackhawks ongoing? FUCKING awesome. Sergeant Rock? New Suicide Squad? Seven Soldiers? A new Justice League with Deadman, John Constantine, Madame Xanadu, and Zatanna? A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
The Wolf
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM       
Honestly, I've been pretty put off by DC (and especially GL and the Flash) ever since Geoff Johns started writing or at least approving fucking everything. I hate that guy. I enjoyed the Sinestro Corps War enough, but then it went pretty far overboard, so the Red Lantern thing would probably just annoy me. Some of the "Tales of..." were good, though.

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 05:11 AM       
When they aren't trying to make Larfleeze into some loveable faggot, the other Corps are actually pretty cool.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM       
I noticed Mr. Burbank has no pickles. Just sayin.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM       
He exists outside of the pickle system, for he is the essence of the pickle itself, and to give the essence of pickle a pickle would cause the universe to implode
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM       
Maybe we should red pickle him for not posting as often as we would like.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:32 AM       
he doesn't even have that "uninitiated" thing. HWO IS THIS POSSIBLE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:49 AM       
I gave him a red as a test and IT HAS NO EFFECT!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:57 AM       
holy shit
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM       
Pentegarn must be right - Max Burbank BE the pickle.
You may already be there.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM       
You need to have medusas head to defeat him.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
so the Red Lantern thing would probably just annoy me.
Had no idea about the red lantern. Reading about it though
Quote:
WIKIPEDIA PEOPLE - Some of their characteristics were inspired by 28 Days Later, which is one of Van Sciver's favorite films.
No thank you.
OH GOD
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
he doesn't even have that "uninitiated" thing. HWO IS THIS POSSIBLE
oh jeez, you can turn it off in your CP. fucking duh
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM       
Just so you all know, I have no idea what you're talking about beyond the fact that I see pickles in your boxes. Don't know what they mean, never gave it much though. THAT's how cool I am.
OH GOD
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM       
its some sort of reputation system thing that makes this board into more of a popularity contest than it already was