Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 08:00 AM        H.R. 875
Is a scary piece of legislation. This will establish a huge bureaucracy to watch over food production. This sounds like a good idea but the problem lies with the fact that it will equally affect all food production. It fails to make exceptions for small farms and would even affect home gardens. This would require any farmer to do tons of paperwork for every crop they produce. That means that a local farm would have to document and test all their produce before taking it to a farmers market. This will put a huge burden on small farms and make it extremely difficult for them to sell their products. The worst part is the huge conflict of interest that comes from the fact that the person who introduced the bill, Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), is married to someone who works for Monsanto. One of those stereotypical evil corporations. I really don't see the need for this, other that to satiate the public and dispel the outrage over contaminated food. If we threw overly complicated and invasive legislation at every problem that kills 10 people a year we would be neck deep in bills.

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OUR VEGGIES
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM       
Non of the contaminated foods wind up in health stores or farmers markets. I know, I was in grocery during mad cow disease up until the spinach salmonella thing.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 01:02 PM       
I thought we were already neck deep in bills? When are they going to stop making laws? Dont we have enough? GAWD!
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 01:33 PM       
That sucks since I'm going to be planting 2 acres of tomatoes in my yard this year. My shit dwarfs the pathetic token garden at the white house.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM       
I hope you don't plan to sell them. Cause if this passes and you sell them without proper testing, which you would have to pay for, you could be fined up to 1 million dollars.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM       
There is a constant need to legislate.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I thought we were already neck deep in bills? When are they going to stop making laws? Dont we have enough? GAWD!
Seriously someone needs to make a law against making new laws.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM       
so you mean all those guys selling tomatoes at flea markets and on the side of the highway are gonna go to jail?
Escape will make me god.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM       
What about those highway-side seafood dudes that you see in the middle of the prairies selling what they have the audacity to call 'fresh' lobster tails?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 03:52 AM       
"Constant, frequent meetings of the legislative, and long continuations of their assemblies, without necessary occasion, could not be but burdensome to the people, and must necessarily in time produce more dangerous inconveniences..."
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM       
well produce is ok to me. Those meat guys suck though. but Those guys with the corn on the side of the road every august kick ass. I don't want to see those guys disappear. That's not an America I wanna live in!
Escape will make me god.

Last edited by VaporTrailx1 : Mar 27th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM       
I would like to see more unsolicited beef sales from pickup trucks from the same guys who sell stolen saw blades.