Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM        Alien Breed Evolution
Tried the demo for this on Xbox Live.

I really didn't see any similarity between it and the original Alien Breed. You don't gather money to buy upgrades, guns are just spread out on the ground or in searchable crap. Aliens emerge from pre-determined spots and seem to stop coming after a time. And if the demo level is any indication, the maze-like levels have been ditched for more linear ones. Does all this make more sense than finding cash and one-ups on the ground inside a space station? Yes. Is it more fun? Not really.

It reminded me a lot of this budget title Shadowgrounds that came out a while ago: blowing up generic aliens in a generic sci-fi setting, shooting up boxes to find more guns and ammo, having only a crummy flashlight to light your way, and so on.

Anybody else try it yet?

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM       
there's no demo on ps3 so not for now unless is not on ps3 and i'm hallucinating but i like this kind of games

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 04:25 AM       
I tried it and I was really not impressed. It looked okay, but that was about all. The Hit-Feedback was disgusting to say the least, you shoot an Alien with your odd-sounding machinegun, it doesn´t make a sound and falls over in a really weird way. The game fails to make shooting the enemies fun and what else do I have to say about it?

Also it seems really short if the Demo was one level and there´s a total of five. Not worth 800 points if you ask me.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM       
Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. They brag about there being 5 huge levels, but if that demo was 20% of the game... well that's a lousy way to spend eight bucks.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 05:55 AM       
Indeed but hey, I bought Dead Head Fred for 3 bucks on PSN instead, can´t go wrong with a 3€ game :D.

Anyway how many levels did Alien Breed have back then? Lots and lots, did´t it?