Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 11:37 AM        Rush Rush Rally Racing - New Game for Sega Dreamcast!

Hello everyone!

I just discovered on The Dreamcast Junkyard blog spot that the brand new, independently developed, Sega Dreamcast game - Rush Rush Rally Racing has completely sold out on Play-Asia.com. The only copies that are left for purchase there are the deluxe limited edition sets.

http://the-dreamcast-junkyard.blogsp...r-edition.html

I couldn't help feeling that this is very reminiscent of another independently developed Sega Dreamcast game from 2009 called Wind & Water Puzzle battles. This game also sold out at Play-Asia.com on it's first print. What this means to me and I assume many others as well is that there is a very healthy Sega Dreamcast fan base around the world that refuses to allow the little white wonder to go quietly into the night. It truly moves me that there are so many great people out there that share the same amount of respect for older consoles and independent developers. I for one am sick and tired of seeing newer games that are all flash and cut scenes but contain little to no entertainment value.

As I stated in my previous posts about Retro-Gaming, I believe wholeheartedly that gamers young and old are rebelling against the status quo, the social norm, and the established paradigm. I feel that more and more gamers will break free from this expensive and wasteful treadmill and go on to spend their cash and time on games that are actually fun and require some kind of skill to beat.

RedSpotGames link:

http://www.redspotgames.com/shop/ind...d&productId=16

Play-Asia Link:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-4-49-en.html
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 05:56 PM       
I give my Dreamcast loving at least once a week. I still think that it could have competed with the GC, PS2, and Xbox if they sold everything for cheaper. Poor Sega, reduced to making shitty 3D Sonic games just to pay the bills now.
Forum Virgin
Anselm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 06:50 PM       
I have a Dreamcast. My wife calls it the "Soulcalibur system" since that's all I ever turn it on for.

~Anselm~
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM       
Soul Calibur was wonderful. Too bad that the series never really improved much.
Banned

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
I give my Dreamcast loving at least once a week. I still think that it could have competed with the GC, PS2, and Xbox if they sold everything for cheaper. Poor Sega, reduced to making shitty 3D Sonic games just to pay the bills now.
Yep,

It definitely could've competed with GC,PS2, and XBOX but Sega was too deep in debt because of the add-on and Sega Saturn debacle. I still can't believe that Sonic has been and continues to be whored out as much as he is. Completely surpassing Mario in every way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselm View Post
I have a Dreamcast. My wife calls it the "Soulcalibur system" since that's all I ever turn it on for.

~Anselm~
Ahhh, Soul Calibur 1. My first Dreamcast game I bought when it came out on 9.9.99

My friends and I used to have such battles in that game.

Quote:
Soul Calibur was wonderful. Too bad that the series never really improved much.
True,

There was slight improvements to the fighting system in SC II but after that they were just trying to milk in the cash. Releasing SC 4 was completely unnecessary. Adding in Darth Vader and Yoda was the last ditch effort to pull in as much money as possible knowing full well that the Star Wars geeks couldn't resist playing as them.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM       
The clothes kept getting more revealing and the gameplay kept getting more disappointing. SC4 makes for a great coaster though.
Banned

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 01:06 PM       
Quote:
The clothes kept getting more revealing and the gameplay kept getting more disappointing. SC4 makes for a great coaster though.
Don't forget that with each new installment of Soul Calibur the females characters chests got bigger and bigger.

I know when I think Fighting Game I immediately think of jiggling funbags. :rolls eyes

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Apr 20th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
Obviously you don't play Dead or Alive. The titties have gotten to the point of being upsetting. Also the Ninja Gaiden series.