Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM        The Nintendo 3DS
Has anyone seen it yet? It will have the power of a Gamecube, and an accelorometer for motion control. It should also be out BY THE END OF THIS YEAR. Why would they even consider releasing the DSi XL when the DS successor is that close to coming out?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:38 AM       
To make money?

Why would they not release something that a huge amount of people will buy?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM       
I just heard about this....yesterday maybe in a magazine. Days are running together. Its supposed to be the sucessor to DSi but hopefully its better than the virtual boy.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM       
Psh. Release four versions with negligible, yet prominent differences in an attempt to make money.

What a stupid idea.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM       
Wait, so this thing is going to play in Headache-O-Vision stereoscopic 3D? Virtual Boy 2?

FUCK.

THAT.

Now my question as to why they would be crazy enough to release a new version of a arguably inferior system alongside it's successor has been resolved. DSiXL here I come!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM       
Dude, no one knows anything about it. Chill out.

The only leaked information is "3D graphics, no glasses". Do you really think Nintendo would be so retarded to try Virtual Boy again? And I'm pretty sure Virtual Boy doesn't count as a portable.

Just wait for July. When they have something other than an internal codename.

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Do you really think Nintendo would be so retarded to try Virtual Boy again?
I hope not, we don't need any more senseless death.

GUMPEI YOKOI NEVER FORGET
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:48 PM       
From what I've read, release is slated for Mach 2011. Which is about a year after the DSXL, which is released about a year after the DSi.

If a DS3D lite comes out in 2012, time to scream.

However, I liked the Virtual Boy, despite it's faults. Here's hoping 3D without glasses is as cool as it sounds like. Here's also looking forward to seeing crackheads flip out in waiting rooms while somebodies kid plays Pokemon. "THAT DAMN THING WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME!"
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM       
Yes that will be amazing.
has a woody
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM       
I'm betting it'll have the rumored motion controls, and the graphics would take advantage of that. Sorta like that game that uses the DSi's facetracking to give off a 3D effect when you move the device or you head.

Nothing like, say, portable Avatar. Though if Nintendo secretly developed tech that good without glasses before any other company, I'm all for it.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:15 PM       
Since you're all speculating on how the games will look, here ya go:

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:27 PM       
Looks like a really cool idea. Almost like your going into the screen opposed to shit pooping out at you. And I think the reason they announced this despite the ds XL coming out is because the DS XL is targeted at a very specfic demographic who uses their portable devices almost completely at home and never on the go. The XL looks like its going to be heavy and not pratical for on the go gaming but great for people who love playing the games at home.
the axe and the smasher
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:45 PM       
They still sell the DS lite despite the DSi and DSiXL, got the feeling this is going to be like the DSi and not replace the standard DS. After all, Nintendo likes money.
has a woody
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Since you're all speculating on how the games will look, here ya go:
Yea, that's what I was talking about.

But if the DSi can already do it, there's not much reason for a new system. So chances are it'll have that accelerometer for more precision.

Last edited by Mockery : Mar 24th, 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: removed quoted video copy
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:38 PM       
Yes nintendo loves money but i think they love innovation much more(except obviously in online gaming). Making multiple systems is a big financial risk if they don't sell the new inventory and the new version flops. Nintendo is an amazingly smart company and without their innovation video games would be shit. Making the DS XL is a risk not guarnteed money for the company. They are going in the exact opposite direction of handheld gaming development thinking and making the system larger and heavier for a specfic audience. It could easily fail but I'm sure nintendo has done enough research to ensure the market exists for the xl. nintendo loves innovation and gamers reward them with lots of money i think is a much more fair statement.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:44 PM       
The XL isn't that much bigger. If you can carry the goddamn original Gameboy around then the XL should be light as a feather.
Mocker
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:01 AM       
And how many years ago was the orginal gameboy? Cellphones use to be fucking huge and we managed too but they still get smaller and slimer despite the fact that we used larger ones in the past because thats what industry norms dictate. I'm not saying the size makes it unable to be used on the go but increasing the size of a handheld gaming device or eletronic device in general just goes against all the established norms of the industry. My opinion is that the ds XL is a much bigger risk then people are making it out to be. i feel nintendo going against industry norms and making out big is something to applauded and encouraged by gamers and not simiplified to "nintendo likes money" and are simply exploiting the consumer. I feel the nintendo wii has some of the best exclusive titles out there and if the company didn't take a significant risk with the wii we would never of played a boy and his blob remake or a mega man 9 and 10, or a no more heroes(not that these were made by nintendo but they were allowed a chance to gain an audience despite the industry thinking that the money is in big graphics and huge cinematic gameplay). I feel the Wii's biggest risk was not the introduction of the new motion control but going agaisnt industry norms and not making the system as powerful as possible. Nintendo takes constant risks(hardware wise) and has recently begun being rewarded for them again. Everyone thought that the nintendo wii was going to be their last system and they would go the way of sega and simply make games because they weren't making much money outside of the handheld market. I am happy their genuis has saved a truly great company from becoming solely a software provider and hope they continue to make buckets of cash.

i just find nintendo to be a very interesting company business strategy wise.
the axe and the smasher
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:09 AM       
Nintendo loves money more, because innovation (or in other words, new product) sells. DS XL is only a risk if stores don't order the manufactured amount in inventory. If stores don't order any more, then it's a bust. Either way, as long as it goes to a store, it's going to make Nintendo money. It's just a matter of how much money. Nintendo likes money, or else they wouldn't be in business.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 01:17 AM       
Sometimes innovation sells. Other times, you wind up with the PSPGo.

Banned
jhonnyD2 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM       
they love money ..... all business things do... that's normal thing
has a woody
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Sometimes innovation sells. Other times, you wind up with the PSPGo.
That wasn't innovation. Tha was the PSP without the UMD slot.

Guess it was't such a universal media disk after all...

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM       
I mean an all digital platform was innovative, just not a good idea.

Mocker
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_rob View Post
Nintendo likes money, or else they wouldn't be in business.
I like food too or I wouldn't be alive but it doesn't mean my sole purpose to living is to eat as much food as possible.
the axe and the smasher
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 12:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
I like food too or I wouldn't be alive but it doesn't mean my sole purpose to living is to eat as much food as possible.
Good thing your not in the eating food business then.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 12:31 AM       
No, but if you didn't like food you would be dead, just like if Nintendo didn't like money, they would be dead.