Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bod is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:34 PM        Johnny Rotten - SELL OUT
There were very few people I thought would sell out.
Mr Lydon was one of them. Show what I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzQsvxtLTM
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM       
Can't fault a guy for liking a certain brand of butter.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
He drank Ramones piss.

I never really took the Sex Pistols all that seriously. Johnny Rotten always seemed like he had too much to prove.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:41 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yN0kcg2qQM
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
You can fault a guy for appearing on Judge Judy, though.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
I can fault him for drinking a beer in which the Ramones had pissed without even noticing anything was amiss.
Oozes machismo
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
I'll chalk that up to him being used to drinking warm beer.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
That would have to be some really bad beer to not notice the piss. :/
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM       
Bod vrs Kitsa = Sex Pistols vrs Ramones = SLC Punk rant.

"Another thing that pisses me off, talking about who started punk rock music. Was it the Sex Pistols in england, was it the Ramones and the Velvet Underground in New York? It was the Ramones, it was the Sex Pistols. Who cares who started it, it's music. I don't know who started it, I don't give a fuck. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did faster, and we definitely did it with more love. You can't take that away from us."

Fuck you UK!
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM       
I love SLC Punk, but I don't ever claim the Ramones started it. They didn't even like the label much :P Ramones are stripped-down rock, if anything.

Punk -probably- started with Andy Warhol and the Velvet Underground, which is a shame because I hate both. Yet punk is good.

Can't get much more entertaining than Boris the Sprinkler.

But I think that the Sex Pistols ruined punk because their posturing gave it a really negative connotation and everyone coming after that thought they had to live up to all the Sex Pistols garbage.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM       
Quote:
There were very few people I thought would sell out.
Mr Lydon was one of them. Show what I know.
Surely his participation in various "I'm a Celebrity..." shows would've tipped you off?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM       
Our his fake fight with Green Day.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM       
Johnny hates Green Day. That's enough to me.

I also enjoy how he has sold out, selling out to the most horrible things imaginable. It's great fun!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
Green Day made Johnny matter again. Johnny loves Green Day.
pickled
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:11 PM       
How did they manage that.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM       
Every band that's been named in this thread sucks.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:14 PM       
They made MTV introduce him to the late 90's.
pickled
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
I thought every new band who pretends to be punk rockaz tells everyone that either the Sex Pistols or Ramones inspired them. You know, so they can pretend to be hardcore.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM       
And then Johnny started in with how much they suck, only to embrace them later on in an mtv concert together.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:43 PM       
Johnny's been like that for years.
Anyone else remember his VH1 show?
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
Anyone seen Johnny Ramone's wife recently? Ye gods!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:48 PM       
Ye gods as in good? I hope
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
Good if you like a strong Noo Yawk accent, giant sunglasses (wait- I know how you feel about those), fake tan, gobs of conspicuous gold jewelry, shellacked and bouffanted hair, and high-maintenance nails. Johnny was sort of looking like that toward the end, too, unfortunately. It was like their caricature idea of what Hollywood people were like, but really she just came across as a mafia wife extra from some DeNiro movie.

I'm vaguely disappointed in Joey for being upset over losing that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
Ahhhh! a J.A.P.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
can this really be considered selling out though? i'm sure johnny rotten makes shit for money (what on earth does he do now?) and he needed some sort of gig to live off of

and slc punk is a great movie, but i'm not getting into music here