Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Itīs enough to shoot them anywhere once, the dartgun always cripples both legs on living enemies, no matter where you hit.
I know that, that's why you shoot them in the legs. Then you pull out a real weapon and shoot them in the face.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM       
I like using the dart gun to shoot raiders in the face.

The scoped .44 magnum is probably my favorite weapon, but ammo is scarce. I fucking love using that gun to blow heads off. ALSO!!!!! Going into vats, equipping the reservist's rifle and seeing the bullet burn through the air in slow-mo and then detonate a super mutant's skull is one of the coolest moments I've ever witnessed in a video game.

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM       
I also love the scoped .44 magnum. It reminds me of The Road Warrior.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
Hahahaa... Gary.

And fuck Old Olney. Deathclaws my ass.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Hahahaa... Gary.

And fuck Old Olney. Deathclaws my ass.

landmine, landmine, landmine, nuke or lincoln repeater.

Problem solved.

I love this goddamn game. It feels a bit lonely, but some of the stuff in this game is so fun to do over and over again that i don't care.

Scoped .44 ftw
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM       
i like to shoot them with the dartgun and then back away shooting the weakest weapon i've got (laser pistol @ this point). anyone else
Spoilers!
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM       
Nope, been too busy looking for Argyle.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i like to shoot them with the dartgun and then back away shooting the weakest weapon i've got (laser pistol @ this point). anyone else
Spoilers!
Yes

I was playing as a good guy though, so I took one of the better routes, and got Linden's Outcast Power Armor and a pretty nice hood as a reward. I ended up using those things as my armor for the rest of the game. I started a playthrough as a bad guy, but didn't get far in it before other stuff came up. I should get around to going back to it though.

I still fucking love the scoped 44. That is by far the coolest gun in the game. The sound, the way the bullet flies through the air...It's all just great, really.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM       
there's just so much to find i almost wish you levelled slower, i'm getting close to 20 again and won't have as much to strive for
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:37 PM       
I stopped playing when I reached Level 20...but there's a mod out there to increase the level cap to 30 or 40. Helps give you a reason to continue exploring.

To be fair, you grow to to be ridiculously powerful (I'm level 26 now, have most stats maxed out, carry around 12 weapons with at least 300 ammo each and have over 150 stimpaks stored up), but at least you don't get stuck seeing only 10% of the game.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:53 PM       
I gave it a breather and I think I'll pick it up again when they decide to release the DLC.

I borrowed a buddy's copy and tore ass fighting the Behemoths. Getting to the one in Takoma park used up all my stimpacks and I was sucking rotten water out of a toilet to keep it from slamming me with the weapon it had (I think it was a Super Sledge).

But I missed the Fat Man my first play through. I just let the Brotherhood take out the Behemoth outside of GNR.

One of my major bones to pick with the game was that some of the minor events and things didn't count as quests. For instance, I think that the vaults should have counted as quests, or at least give me a reason as to why I should kill Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary, and Gary. Or getting Dogmeat.

ALSO, WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THESE GODDAMN EARS?
pickled
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM       
I approve.

The Wolf
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM       
Yeah, I like pretending to be Lord Humungus when I play. I give people the chance to "JUST WALK AWAY," but when they don't listen, I kill em

Using Ninjitsu of Fushin
Hurude is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM       
Just got this game and i have just started to venture beyond the vault, but already i love this game!! i tend to prefer fps but this has both elements.

any one got any tips for a new player?
The Wolf
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM       
Yes - Don't let dogmeat near super mutants.

AND

If you have your big weapons skill tagged or it's somewhat high, use the flamer. That thing destroyed everything that I came across within a couple seconds.

pickled
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, I like pretending to be Lord Humungus when I play. I give people the chance to "JUST WALK AWAY," but when they don't listen, I kill em
That works out well when you equip the hockey mask and some raider armor.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM       
As soon as I found Dogmeat I took him to my house in Megaton and told him to stay.

I don't want him to get hurt.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM       
So I finally picked this up last week. I havent done much of the main story line as you guys said its short. So if farther into the main story it gives a reason / explanation Im sorry. In wandering around the wastes I have found a couple of radio towers that when activated give off what sounds to be morris code. I thought if I just hung around for a while something might happen or someone might show up but nothing. Does anyone know what these are for or if they even do anything?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
They're transmissions from a portable transmitter, I read that some ole Chinese soldiers carry them. THe fast it beeps, the closer you are. They don't have any bearing on the story, however.
The Wolf
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM       
There's also an alien signal that you can pick up on for the alien blaster. I got the firelance yesterday though :O

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:56 PM       
Firelance?
The Wolf
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
It's the most powerful energy weapon in the game. Almost every shot is a critical hit, and I've been walking around killing everything in one hit.

You get it from a random encounter where you hear something blow up and notice a bunch of alien power cells scattered all over the place. The gun itself is was a real bitch to find, so I send dogmeat to find it for me :D

OH GOD
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
the firelance is a pretty obscure wasteland reference
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM       
i went to rent this game and it had a ps3 game inside now i have to wait for the "ps3" game to be retuned

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM       
mexico