Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 12:43 PM        Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros: Streetcore
Fucking beautiful. I've only heard the first half and I already think this is probably my favorite of their three albums (as long as it doesn't go completely down the crapper for the second half). I think this is a beautiful last gift he gave the world before he passed on.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 06:31 PM       
If you count Earthquake Weather, every Strummer solo album has been better than the one before it. Which is why I'm expecting it to literally leap out of my stereo and kick my ass while I'm listening to it.

Where did you hear it? I didn't think it was out yet.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
ShanghaiOrange is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 07:52 PM       
It came out today.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:38 AM       
Yep, I got it today at Best Buy.

I've still never heard Earthquake Weather because it can't be found anywhere. And personally I thought "Global A Go-Go" was by far the weakest of the three Mescalero albums.
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:50 PM       
I downloaded Redemption Song and it fucking owns. I'm getting the album Friday, maybe Thursday but probably not.

Seriously, Redemption Song gave me like a million boners.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
I've still never heard Earthquake Weather because it can't be found anywhere
I saw it for five dollars in a discount bin two days ago. I would have picked it up, but I had no money. It'll probably still be there though :/

Les Waste sent me a few tracks from Earthquake Weather. I'd buy it just for the song Gangstervile. If you want it you can aim me.
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:34 PM       
Earthquake Weather is really fucking awesome. But, I mean, Boogie With Your Children. Not cool.
- Outerspacekid
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 09:52 PM       
This album fucking rules. My only complaint is that it's too short, and also I've heard Silver and Gold before he because used to play it live and it was called Before I grow too Old.

Get Down Moses and Redemption Song and Burnin' Streets are shockingly good. Get Down Moses has to be the best song I've heard all year. And every review of the album, and I mean EVERY review that I've read has described All in a Day as sounded like how Big Audio Dynamite should have sounded. And that was the first thing I thought when I heard it.

You know what? I think Burnin' Streets might be better than Get Down Moses. Fuck, this album owns.
- Outerspacekid