Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:47 PM        A New Barbarella!
It will be some a miracle to get anyone as innocent/sexy as Jane Fonda was to fill the roll... God Damn, she was the hot... Loved that clueless, disappointed look after she busted the Sex Organ Torture Machine.

anyway

Quote:
Dino De Laurentiis is updating one of his old classics.
The legendary film producer said that he's creating a new franchise with "Barbarella." He produced the 1968 original with Jane Fonda. De Laurentiis is quick to say the new film is "not a remake of 'Barbarella"' but "a completely new 'Barbarella.'"
He said that it will have "love, sex, adventure."
De Laurentiis said that the script's being worked on now, but no one's been selected to play the new Barbarella.The producer's latest movie, "Hannibal Rising" will be in theaters Feb. 9. Based on the novel by "Silence of the Lambs" author Thomas Harris, the film tells the early story of Hannibal Lecter.The prequel preceeds three Lecter movies – the Oscar winner "The Silence of the Lambs," "Hannibal" and "Red Dragon."
http://www.filmwad.com/producer-to-u...a--1736-p.html
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 03:08 PM       
I'm glad to see the whole "OMG LINDSEY LOHAN IS GONNA BE BARBARELLA" bullshit is false.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 03:37 PM       
Goddamnit Hollywood, stop remaking shit that you can't possibly improve!
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 09:58 PM       
From what I understand, it is not going to be a remake. But a start of something new. Like Batman begins.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:05 PM       

Just what Barbarella needs!
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:55 PM       
I don't know, Barbarella is a classic.

Also, I have no idea how you could remake that today and maintain the sexual raunchiness and overtones of the original. I mean, the original is tame by the standards of today. You would have to go NC17 with some serious kink.

The orgasm machine was crazy in its time, but ten years ago Orgasmo blew that idea/concept damn near into mainstream.

Who would be a good Barbarella?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 11:58 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwNEnh9uaM

how did i miss this
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Who would be a good Barbarella?
Nobody, which is why they shouldn't remake it. I'm sure they'll give the role to Jessica Simpson or some shit... :/
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:59 AM       
Are you honestly surprised though? They're remaking or doing sequels for every classic, cult or not. They're even doing a remake of friday the 13th. I'm pretty sure there are no original ideas left in the movie industry. Wait about 10 years and we'll see a remake of scream.

That was very funny. Well done.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:01 AM       
God, your right... watching that trailer brought back all my adolescent feelings for Jane Fonda, no one can match her. Maybe... but if they stick some bimbo blond from today in it... blah. Fonda had class.
Ringmonster
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:16 AM       
Remakes pretty much consist of low risk cash cows and produced pet projects. No end in site I'm afraid, not so long as they keep making money.
People have to stop going to these things before the studios realize the well is dry. Good remakes are few and far between and even those are debatable like Cape Fear or Vanilla Sky.

This 're-imagined' stuff is even worse. Why not just make an all new picture 'inspired by' or 'in the tradition of'? Oh right, they want the brand name.

Friday the 13 is getting a prequel, Halloween a reimagining by Rob Zombie, even Hellraiser is being remade.

There are some great original scripts out there being ignored.

As for a new Bararella, I can't think of anyone with that hot innocent look.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:27 AM       
Friday the 13th is a reimagining/remake too, not a prequel. I don't know how interesting a movie about a retard boy being teased and drowning at the end of the movie would be. Hellraiser is being remade by clive barker himself, so I don't mind so much. He hasn't been as good as he was in the 80s but we'll see I guess.

Halloween might be cool, but I wish it didn't have the license attached to it. I don't like how you can establish yourself as a musician/director and then just go and pick whatever you want to remake however you please. I like Rob Zombie though, so I'll have faith until I see it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ringmonster
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 03:01 AM       
Really? I think a prequel would have been a lot more interesting. What did Jason do before the mask? How was he raised? Did he do any killing as a child? Did he actually drown? I'm thinking of those flashback in Dexter with all sorts of crazy occult stuff a crazy mother and taunting teens. At least there is a story there...though that would likely destroy the character.

As for Hellraiser, I'm leary because Barker is only co-producing and writing the screenplay - not directing.

As for the Halloween deal, as much as I like Rob Zombie I really wish he would have picked a different project. He runs the risk of alienating that general horror fan base he's built if this flops. Halloween fans are rabid. Also, Zombie is really good at bringing a classic 60's and 70's feel to his films. So, his attachment seems an odd choice considering he is supposed to be updating the series. I really hope it works.

He would probably do a real bad ass zombie movie.

The world needs more zombie movies.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : May 23rd, 2007 at 09:14 PM.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 09:07 AM       
What happened to the remake of Logan's Run? That really was a standout instance of insufferable cuntery by Hollywood. Hopefully it's been ditched.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:59 AM       
But no one bothers with In Like Flint.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:17 AM       
NO ONE can touch James Coburn.
Ancient Mariner
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM       
Robert Rodriguez just signed on for this.

It'll be, ah, interesting.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM       
JTP, I thought Vanilla Sky sucked compared to the original. It might be an okay movie if you pretend that Abre los Ojos doesn't exist, but I thought they brutalized the original.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ringmonster
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM       
I agree completely. Open Your Eyes was far superior. The point I was making was that many people prefer it to the original - granted, most likely are not aware of the original. I really don't like it when foreign films are remade for western audiences. The American market in general are opposed to reading subtitles. I was really relieved when the Old Boy remake (helmed by Cruise as producer) was dropped.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : May 23rd, 2007 at 10:44 PM.