Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 11:17 PM        Web TV
I watch a whole bunch of TV online; mostly documentaries but also a few TV series and films.

Links:
- Educated Earth (Documentaries)
- Google Video (Documentaries)
- TV Links (TV Series/Films)
- Dailymotion (Bullshit! TV Series)

Add more links or recommendations for shows on any of these links.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:46 AM       
too many conspiracy videos on google video

quite like Penn and teller though

Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM       
Yeah Bullshit! is an excellent show.

These are good too:

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Docu-drama about the beginnings of Apple Computer and Microsoft. Really well scripted and acted and as far as I can tell it's quite accurate too.

The History of Video Games

Mostly about early video games and how the industry was started.

The Corporation

I used to really like this documentary but I'm not sure if I agree with it 100% any more. Nether the less, it's very well made and very interesting.

The History of Hacking

From Phone phreakers to computer hackers. Lots of nerdy info to be found in this one.

The History of the iPod

Exactly what it says on the tin.

The World's First Time Machine

IIRC this one is about how new advancements in physics may soon allow of some kind of a time machine to be created. Obviously not like the ones in film but one which would allow people from the future to send messages back to any time in which the machine has been switched on.

Hitler Speaks

Computer software is used to lip-read old home movies made by Hitler to hear what he was saying. Pretty interesting.

Parallel Universes

More physics stuff.

The Century of Self (part 1)

The history of PR and how it was discovered that crowds could be manipulated using Freud's theories.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM       
that time machine one sounds kind of interesting and possibly plausible to me for some reason. I guess it's just that you said it can send a message to any time as long as it has the machine. It's like instant messaging through time.

what if that was already happening in chat rooms and that's why they're so confusing sometimes!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:40 AM       
I have Pirates of Silicon Valley on VHS.

Bill Gates crashing the bulldozer is hilarious.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM       
That Steve Jobs is a serious asshole.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM       
Brasseye

I had forgotten how much I love this show. Check out the paedophile episode for one of the funniest things ever broadcast.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM       
I remember seeing something like that time machine idea in Primer. It's a really good movie, hard as hell to follow but worth it.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM       
Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism

This is really good. Worrying though that an organisation such as Fox news can operate in such an unfair and unbalanced way without any major outcry.

Skinheads USA: Soldiers of the Race War

This one is about a ranting lunatic basically adopting young kids and brainwashing them to become nazis. He lives in Alabama believe it or not.

Panorama - Scientology

English reporter faces an unprecedented amount of harassment attempting to make the documentary on Scientology. This is an amazingly fruity little cult.

Best Online Documentaries

A huge recourse of Google hosted documentaries. Some good WW2 and science ones in there.

Last edited by MetalMilitia : May 17th, 2007 at 06:34 PM.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM       
The link for the skinheads movie goes to the Fox News one. Just FYI

Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM       
oops, fixed.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM       
i didn't think they could send messages through a machine in primer.. but yea, it's kind of hard to follow. It sucks that when it starts to get really interesting that they stop the movie...
I've watched it twice now and it's slightly less confusing the second time around.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:30 AM       
I remember watching it when it came out, it only had a limited release which sucked because it was one of those films you could tell was really thought out even if it was on a shoestring budget. I have to add it to my list of things to rewatch when exams are finished...

Century of the Self Pt. I
Century of the Self Pt. II
Century of the Self Pt. III
Century of the Self Pt. IV

Documentary on how marketing has changed in the last century to exploit Freud - how we are sold things we don't know we want, etc.

edit:
Quote:
Panorama - Scientology

English reporter faces an unprecedented amount of harassment attempting to make the documentary on Scientology. This is an amazingly fruity little cult.
A friend from university was doing their (undergrad!) dissertation on cults - she was going to include Scientology but was advised by her tutor not to, since these things 'invariably' get back to them and they make your life hell. Whether or not it would, it's sad that they've created a climate of fear around challenging their dodgy methods.

Last edited by sloth : May 18th, 2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: scientology mentalness
BANNED

Old May 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM       
somebodys tutor advised them not to? that's crazy, lol.

TOM CRUISE WILL LEAVE ANGRY MESSAGES ON YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE IF YOU DO IT
DONT YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH TOM CRUISE???
OR JOIN SCIENTOLOGY IN THE FUTURE?
DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE!
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:26 PM       
Just watched the Scientology video. I had alway viewed them as more or less a benign little religion based off of questionable roots (like all religions), but not really robbing its members of much more than their faith in some other equally absurd lie. IE, I didn't think they were any where near THAT creepy. But yeah, after seeing that movie, there's no doubt as to the fruitiness of this little cunt, er cult.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM       
They kill people and they can't be tolerated, they're fucking dangerous.

I equate them to Nazis in their methods.

Seriously, they scare the shit out of me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:23 AM       
i'd rather have fundamentalist islamics living next door than scientologists
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM       
It's ironic how they want to get rid of all psychiatrists (for, among other things; orchestrating the holocaust ) when in fact a few more in their organisation would be beneficial to everyone.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:20 AM       
i don't think it's ironic at all, i think l. ron hubbard knew exactly what he was doing and what type of people he was trying to appeal to (people with severe emotional problems)