Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM       
Wait, why the heck are they remaking Death at a Funeral when it was only released a few years ago? WTF.

Wait, Martin Lawrence? Jesus Christ.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM       
It be da Mercin remake son. :redneck
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM       
i found a copy of killer clowns from outter space i freaking love this movie chessy but awesome

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM       
Searching for Bobby Fischer is also chessy but awesome

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 02:06 AM       
lol @ u
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM       
So I just saw GI Joe, and it was alright.

Stupid, didn't always make sense, horrible acting, horrible story, ideas and design blatantly stolen from various mediums, and the last climactic battle scene was pretty much all the Star Wars movies rolled into one, but with plenty of over the top and needless CGI.

It had a Wayans (Maybe?) brother in it, so that sucked.

Oh, speaking of which, none of the gags were funny.

BUT it was still a reasonable amount of fun. Good times were had laughing at this movie and the bad script.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM       
Did it in fact have the gay Cobra Commander?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM       
Speaking of Star Wars, I watched the remastered Return of the Jedi for the first time last night. I was into Star Wars hardcore as a kid (had all the limited edition action figures, eschewed dolls entirely in favor of making an Ewok village in the rhododendron bush in the front yard) and more or less had the original trilogy memorized.

That being said, I kept finding myself thinking/saying "What is this shit?" over and over.

For what it's worth, the sarlacc was a lot scarier without the ridiculous tentacles and octopus-beak in the middle.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM       
why did you watch the special edition? I'm sure you can still get the originals on DVD (as bonus discs, that makes me so mad.)
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM       
Directors cut of Alien
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM       
wolverine origins or w/e its full title is

kind of dumb but since i was not expecting it to be any good at all i guess it didn't disappoint? also i had to shut off the part of my mind that cares about the actual origin stories of any of the characters because lord almighty was that dude yelling up a storm
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 10:50 AM       
The Unborn..... I could have done without seeing it. It had some parts that make you jump but the story was almost as bad as the acting....bad times.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
why did you watch the special edition? I'm sure you can still get the originals on DVD (as bonus discs, that makes me so mad.)

It was what they were showing on TV. I haven't gotten around to hunting down the original trilogy on DVD yet.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
Collateral

I fucking love the disco scene, it's the only reason I'd need to watch this movie repeatedly
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 03:34 AM       
A Clockwork Orange.

I can't fucking believe I've gone for so long without seeing this.
OH GOD
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:41 AM       
i don't think i've seen it all the way thru either for some reason kubrick's films just fail to keep my interest for long enough, i've only been able to make it thru 2001 once w/o falling asleep
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:52 AM       
You basically have to have a high tolerance for repitition and tedium I guess?

I think the only Kubrick movie I legitimately don't like is Lolita, which I saw yesterday.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM       
The first time I watched Clockwork Orange I had to use the English subtitles.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM       
Full Metal Jacket and The Shining are the only ones I've seen all the way through.

I fall asleep during Clockwork Orange every time.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i've only been able to make it thru 2001 once w/o falling asleep
it is ridiculously hard not to fall asleep during that movie.

I just watched the diving bell and the butterfly. I should have hated it since it was French but it was a pretty amazing story. Its based on a true story about a dude thats completely paralyzed except his left eye.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
Kubrick is my favorite director ever. I think I might have an abnormally long attention span, though.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM       
The Hangover. Better than I expected and I was entertained. Still, kinda forgettable and I propably won't be watching it again.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM       
Weirdly, I just finished re-watching Lolita on TCM On Demand. It's my second-to-least favorite Kubrick movie and I read the book so long ago I forgot big chunks.

It was weird because I kept hearing Tim Curry in the lead instead of James Mason. Their voices sound similar to me (I guess Tim Curry's has a slightly posher edge to it)
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM       
Kubrick is overrated :/
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM       
You take that back!