Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM        McCain picks a woman
Thats right a woman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25970882/from/ET/

not that there is anything wrong with that.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM       
Ummm, isn't she under investigation?

Interesting pick Some claim its to get disenfranchised Hillary voters, but Palin is the philosophical opposite of her. Its like saying pissed off Obama voters would vote for Allan Keyes if Hillary got the nomination.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM       
I think a lot of the support for Hillary was people who just wanted to break the barrier and get a woman, any woman, in office. This would get there vote. I also think some voters, younger people in my mind, just want something other than another old white guy. They would go to Obama, but now McCain has a reason for them to come to him.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
I originally thought since Obama obviously was trying to address experience with his constituency in picking Biden, that McCain would try to either ease the Ultra-conservative bloc with a "Huckabee clone" or perhaps move toward the center with an independent-minded social pragmatist like Tom Ridge. Instead we get him tapping a female republican 1st-term governor with no other political experience besides being the mayor of a small Alaska village.

Now, instead of questioning Obama's foreign policy experience, I'm questioning McCain's judgment. Not a good position to place an independent voter.
You may already be there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM       
man that is one fine ass vp candidate *wolf whistles*
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM       
He did not pick a woman, he picked an AMERICAN!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 06:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
man that is one fine ass vp candidate *wolf whistles*
She's a former finalist for Miss Alaska. She won Miss Congeniality.

Plus, she's hot.

A good choice all around.
Mocker
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I originally thought since Obama obviously was trying to address experience with his constituency in picking Biden, that McCain would try to either ease the Ultra-conservative bloc with a "Huckabee clone" or perhaps move toward the center with an independent-minded social pragmatist like Tom Ridge. Instead we get him tapping a female republican 1st-term governor with no other political experience besides being the mayor of a small Alaska village.

Now, instead of questioning Obama's foreign policy experience, I'm questioning McCain's judgment. Not a good position to place an independent voter.

Why not question Obama's judgment. He is talking about Change and not being business as usual, then picks Biden.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post

He just wants to bring guilty white liberals over to his side by making a show of being "progressive" by picking a woman. Its all so transparent.
Mocker
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
The more I hear people saying what a ploy this is, the more I can see it working for Team McCain.

They can claim the detractors are being unfair and attacking her just because she is a woman. "Oh, you seem to think that she's a woman, we can't possibly see her as qualified. We picked her because we think she'll be a good VP. You're the ones making her gender the issue."

And the angrier you get and more vitrol you spit, the more it plays into their hands.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
He did not pick a woman, he picked an AMERICAN!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Why not question Obama's judgment. He is talking about Change and not being business as usual, then picks Biden.
You can say that about McCain too - he's all about experience and the "ability to lead" and then he picks a neophyte with no relevant political experience outside of 1.5 years as governor of Alaska.

So which panderer will be our next president?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
They can claim the detractors are being unfair and attacking her just because she is a woman.
Actually, EB, I think it more plays into the folks who will make McCain's age an issue. If elected, he'll be the oldest 1st term president in history, and that may make people think more about who they have "a heartbeat away".

Let the games begin.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 11:41 AM       
If the GOP can get her in a bikini, they've won this election.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
yall jus h8n, pimpin ain't EZ and that's what McCain is doin

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCain
How yall luh dat? Holla atcha boi!

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM       
When Cindy McCain was asked how she felt about a former beauty queen being one heartbeat away from John:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy McCain
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM       
Does Mc Cain really have a chance in this election?

It could just be that the liberal Jew-run media and websites such as Digg have tainted my opinion but as far as I've seen, Obama has been wiping the floor with McCain in terms of public perception.
Role Assigner
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:36 PM       
McCain just but* fuc*ed himself imo.

All he's been doing is bitching about how inexperienced Obama is right now. It's like a staple for the McCain campaign. So naturally, the next logical choice is to have a VP who was is equally inexperienced.

Idk wtf John was thinking, but then again he's always had a case of the Dumbass imo
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 01:38 PM       
Dude, he was a POW. What more experience do you need?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Does Mc Cain really have a chance in this election?

It could just be that the liberal Jew-run media and websites such as Digg have tainted my opinion but as far as I've seen, Obama has been wiping the floor with McCain in terms of public perception.
I hope so. I'll be suprised in Mccain wins.

I know I should feel excited about the historic possibilty of female VP even Obama loses, but I'm not. I want the first female VP to be someone qualified for the job, not just some idiot they picked to pander to female voters. It isn't progress to pick someone based solely on their being a woman, its progress to pick someone GOOD who happens to be a woman. Its just empty tokenism, and that's worse than the glass ceiling itself.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 03:24 PM       
We have to vote McCain to keep you women in line. Just to let you know that we'll let you into the white house only as a woman and not as an equal. Know your place god damit.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 03:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Dude, he was a POW. What more experience do you need?
I talked to my mother recently, and this is her whole basis for voting for McCain.

That is all. No other reason.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
I realize no one wants to remember the losers, but, oh about 24 YEARS ago a major political party nominated a woman as the vice-presidential candidate on a ticket. Again, she and her running mate lost the general election (they were hammered) but exactly what "glass ceiling" did Sarah Palin break, anyway?

Geraldine Ferraro, incidentally.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:09 PM       
She hasn't broken it yet, becoming VP apparently would do that.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
I stand corrected.