Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM       
Ya know RoG, that quote read a little bit like almost every other interview they do with P.O.D.

Why Guitar World wastes such precious space... will be forever beyond me. Maybe I can write a letter to P.O.D, and they can ask God and he'll give me the answer.

NIGhtMAre is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:44 PM       
They are ok. Not really that good.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:19 PM       
I like Evanescence :/ Alot of the songs on the CD are a little slow, but the lyrics kinda make up for it. And the whole thing about them being gothic is getting confusing. I read an interview somewhere(cant remember where ) with Amy Lee, and she mentioned that alot of the band members were christians. And in other interviews she says they are gothic. :/ Christian or gothic, they're still pretty good.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 01:03 PM       
THIS BAND SUCKS BEYOND BELIEF!
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
I'm thrilled that you dislike them considering you're wrong about everything!
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
Heh. Gotta say Ronnie does have a kind of sophisticated taste in music. Evanescence is enjoyable, but I probably won't keep that CD around long-term.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 09:40 PM       
I don't think they suck, but they aren't great either. They are a decent pop band
but their album cover and that suck ass video they released didn't help
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 11:20 PM       
Saw the video. Maybe if I was a bit more impressionable I'd stand for that sort of thing, but as it is, it seemed pretty bland.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:56 AM       
Aye, nothing happens. It's just them singing on a building with some cheap effects. More of a Daredevil movie promo than a music video.
tenno is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:14 AM       
i wasnt blown away by these guys......i dunno, I like Snake River COnspiracy and sister soliel and after hearing them, evanescence just doesnt do it for me.

They're the Linkin Park of goth for me

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopa
I don't think they suck, but they aren't great either. They are a decent pop band
but their album cover and that suck ass video they released didn't help
I agree. I think they are decent for what they are; a pseudo pop rock band. Their songs just don't seem to have much originality to them. That's not to say they are written badly or not, but there is certainly less going on that they would have you believe.

I do not think her voice is as amazing as some here would suggest. It is passable at best, and at worst no better than anything I've heard from Spears, etc. When she starts singing operatically like Tarja from Nightwish, then call me. Otherwise, she is your average girl rock singer.

I will rarely say a band sucks unless I truly think that there is just nothing going on talent-wise or otherwise. I never say a band sucks just because I do not like their music. Some people do not like a lot of the metal that I listen to, especially the power metal like Sonata Arctica, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian or Symphony X. Or even metal like Cradle of Filth who, sorry guys, can write lyrical circles around most of the bands out there. But to say that they suck just because you don't like them? That's extremely ignorant. I don't like a lot of punk and hard core, but I do acknowledge that many have talent in either their lyrical ability or their playing ability; sometimes both.
Mocker

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:47 AM       
Okay, maybe suddenly the pop definition of goth has changed, but if gothic still has something to do with Bauhaus, Fields of The Nephilim and Cassandra Complex, as opposed to Him, 69 candles and Within Temptation, then there's absolutely nothing goth about this band. It's yet another angsty silly quasi-metal band. A female singer and lyrics about how much life sucks does not fit the goth profile that much.

Mock: Last night, I saw Anathema's early 'Mine is yours to drown in' video again. It epitomizes what a metal video should be about. There's bandmember fights, bulletbelts, wristbands, sunsets, silly \m/ poses metallic chthulhu mosters getting kicked in the tentacles, and a very very filthy Darren White grunting about how he is entering my soul.

What other video can top that? Perfect.

Zero: To say however, that a band like COF sucks because the genre combinations, stylistical approach and attitude they've attempted neither convinces you, or at all impresses you is a very viable position. It is also mine.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
Zero: To say however, that a band like COF sucks because the genre combinations, stylistical approach and attitude they've attempted neither convinces you, or at all impresses you is a very viable position. It is also mine.
At least you validate your opinion with a concise explanation of why you think that. Most people just say a band sucks with no reason given. The only metal that i really do not care more is black metal like Immortal, Satyricon, etc.; just cannot get into it. The music is mostly great, but the screeching vocals generally turn me off. I take in on a case by case basis though. There are some black metal bands that I do like; Emperor is one example.
Mocker

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:45 PM       
I only like Ulver, In The Woods... and Arcturus in black metal. I think you'd like those bands too, but maybe you should steer clear from Ulver's first two, "Bergtatt" and "Nattens Madrigal" and go straight to "Themes From William Blakes'...", as well as ignoring In The Woods... "HEart of the Ages". The vocals are very extreme there.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:48 AM       
There is nothing deep about this band. I doubt they even write there own songs.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:04 AM       
I enjoy them. Overall, the album's pretty weak, though. I copied it from a cousin.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
I know nothing about this group, but this situation reminds me of how I thought that Shadows Fall were "Blink 182 gone thrash" because the singer sounded like the dickhead from Blink 182 on one song. What I'm trying to say is that give a band a few listens before dismissing them.