Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 05:12 PM        help needed, Evil Dead AOD fans
I want to buy all three movies on super special edition dvd but they all have like a million editions which ones do i buy and which ones do i avoid? i dont care about cost

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM       
I have the Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness Official Bottleg Edition which is the director's cut with the alternate ending and deleted scenes added in.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:11 PM       
OK. The Book of the Dead version of ED is matted widescreen. The regular version is 4:3 open matte. I think Raimi condones both versions. Book of the Dead has better extras, and the packaging rocks.

I think there's only one ED2 version available, but I'm not sure.

The regular version of Army of Darkness has different extras than the Bootleg version (and official release, it's only called the bootleg version), so extras-wise it's a lose-lose situation. The Bootleg release has Raimi's director's cut.
Karl Hungus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:26 PM       
the offical bootleg also seems "unfinished" and the added "minutes" of footage only make the movie feel sluggish, not to mention some of the best lines in the movie are replaced with poor subsitutes.

C-

duncan don't play that
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM       
Good point. But the tiny Ahses (Ahss?) sequence is better in the director's cut.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 07:59 PM       
i tend to watch the AOD directors cut then when its finished watch the end of the cinematic version

Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:04 PM       
Which one of the endings is the "official" one in army of darkness? The DVD version I have has that dumb shopping mall. I like the Post-apocalyptic ending better.

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Good point. But the tiny Ahses (Ahss?) sequence is better in the director's cut.
I beleive the pural is Ashi
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:11 PM       
EVIL DEAD

EVIL DEAD 2 - There is also a limited edition Tin box but the contents on the actual DVD are identical - The only difference is a semi-thick booklet that comes with the obnoxiously large packaging.

ARMY OF DARKNESS - This has both the theatrical and the directors cut versions. Years ago, the two discs in this set came out as a "Limited Edition" two-disc set, because they didnt think many people would want it. The disc with the theatrical version of the film was also out and not a limited edition. When there was more demand for this special edition, they released The "Directors Cut" seperately as ANOTHER limited edition release - figuring people could buy it and the theatrical version (which had already been out) and have both discs. The Director's Cut sold like crazy, and there was still more demand. So they released the "Bootleg" version - the disc itself is redesigned, but it has all the same material on it that were on the previous Director's cut discs. This was so they could have both discs on the market, and they could be bought forever. But there was STILL demand from fans that they come out in a 2-disc set, packaged togehter. So that's what the Boomstick edition is, it's pretty much the two discs that have always been available packaged together - plus i think there is some framing corrections on the Director's Cut that weren't on the original disc.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:26 PM       
I have the Boomstick edition of AOD and it kicks ass. For Evil Dead 2 I have the limited edition tin:O and I'm not getting Evil Dead till I can find a book of the dead version.

That was very funny. Well done.

huond is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:34 PM       
JUST A WORD OF ADVICE-- I BOUGHT THE BOOK OF THE DEAD EDITION FOR $12 SHIPPED ON EBAY.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 08:48 PM       
ok awesome. the most trouble i was having was was with the AOD dvds. perfect. thanks!