Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM       
OK.

ThrashO, you ignorant slut, GIMME AN ACTOR DAMMIT!
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 27th, 2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: He's taking TOO DAMNED LONG!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM       
I got Morgan Freeman, who I believe was done before but w/e

Morgan Freeman Movie I Loved: Se7en. This movie was fucked up, man

Morgan Freeman Movie I Liked: Million Dollar Baby. I thought it was pretty good!

Morgan Freeman Movie I Hated: Dark Knight. Haha, fuck you. I thought this movie was so overwrought and stupid. "No but I know how you got these scars!" What a stupid thing to say, Batman, shame on you
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM       
I will take one from Rongi

It was worth the wait, I was given Marlon Brando

Marlon Brando movie I loved: The Godfather. If you don't love this movie, you are wrong. End of story.

Marlon Brando movie I liked: Apocalypse Now. Great movie.

Marlon Brando movie I hated was disappointed in: The Score. With that cast, it should have been better

Honorable Mention: Superman, On the Waterfront, A Streetcar Named Desire

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM       
Hey Larry!

Pent honors me - a great honor, I might add - with the late great Yul Brynner.

A Yul Brynner movie I love: The Magnificent Seven. Oh man. This movie definitely stands the test of time.

A Yul Brynner movie I like: The Ten Commandments. Epic isn't a big enough word to describe this film.

A Yul Brynner movie I hate: Futureworld. Not enough Yul, too much Peter Fonda.

Honorable Mentions: The King and I - literally for him it was the role of a lifetime, as he played it on stage and screen (winning an Oscar) and toured as the King of Siam right up until his eventual hospitalization and death at age 65. Westworld was also fun, although his dialog is a bit thin ("Draw ..."), but every time he appears on the screen, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. In his day, he was the leading man's leading man.

Finally, worth a look is his rather powerful PSA (stipulated to be aired only after his death) vilifying tobacco companies and the habit of smoking as the direct cause of his illness.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 26th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM       
I'll give it another try.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM       
I'll take the case.

Mailcall gave me Jack Nicholson.

A Jack Nicholson Movie I Love: Gangs of New YorkTHE DEPARTED
A Jack Nicholson Movie I Like: One flew over the cuccoo's nest
A Jack Nicholson Movie I Hate: About Schmidt(I actually really liked this movie until I saw the butt end of Misery
Honorable mentions: MARS ATTACKS

edit: I'll fill more in later.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 29th, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 05:02 PM       
Colonel Flagg has provided me with Robin Williams.

A Robin Williams Movie I Love: Good Morning Vietnam. It had funny stuff amid serious scenes ala M*A*S*H. Plus Williams being Williams.
A Robin Williams Movie I Like: Good Will Hunting. Despite the presence of Ben Affleck, this movie was really good. Mostly because it was held up by Williams and Stellan Skarsgard.
A Robin Williams Movie I Hate: Popeye. Yuck.
Honorable mentions: The Fisher King, The Survivors, Awakenings.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 10:19 PM       
Your turn - make it count

100 amps through 100 ohms results in a steaming heap of Gary Sinise.

A Gary Sinise movie I love: Forrest Gump. 4 words - "Lieutenant Dan .... ice cream!"

A Gary Sinise movie I like: Apollo 13. Another great movie, which I've nominated before, for another actor (Bill Paxton).

A Gary Sinise movie I hate: I might have mentioned this before, in another thread, but Mission to Mars is wall-to-wall suck. My God, I hate this movie so damned much, and it's such a surprise, since I generally love the cast - Tim Robbins, Don Cheadle, Jerry O'Connell and Kim Delaney - and director Brian DePalma. How could they miss, right? Well, they did.

Honorable Mention: Sinise does a good job in CSI: NY, and I also enjoyed the Forgotten.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 30th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM       
I'll start up this thread again. I promise not to f&*$ up this time.

The Colonel has given me Kevin Bacon.

A Kevin Bacon movie I loved: Animal House. Classic comedy that made me rethink the buffet line and joining a fraternity.
A Kevin Bacon movie I liked: Apollo 13. Always thought this was an excellent idea for a film.
A Kevin Bacon movie I hated: Hollow Man. Looking at Rhona Mitra was the only good thing about this schlocky stew.
Honorable mentions: JFK, Sleepers, Diner, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Last edited by MailCall : Sep 21st, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM       
I'll go again since this has just been bumped

So the mail proves fast for once as I quickly got Elizabeth Taylor

An Elizabeth Taylor movie I loved: Cleopatra. Hollywood knew how to do up the epic movies back in the day. I believe this movie cost 2.3 quadrillion dollars to make

An Elizabeth Taylor movie I liked: The Taming of the Shrew. Most of the takes on this Shakespeare comedy are good

An Elizabeth Taylor movie I hated: The Flintstones. Not even a legendary actress of Liz Taylor's calibur could save this flaming turd

Honorable mention: While I never saw it, I would be remiss if I didn't mention National Velvet
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM       
OK.

Hoo boy. Pent, buddy, you have done me a great honor, and have given me perhaps the toughest actor yet to do in this game.

I have been graced with perhaps the greatest actress in the history of film - Katharine Hepburn.

Oh my, my, my. Where do I begin.

A Katharine Hepburn Movie I Love: This is a very VERY difficult choice, but I'm going with Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, since it also features two of my other favorite actors of the era, Spencer Tracy and Sidney Poitier. It also tackled, at the time, a very intriguing social dilemma - what happens to a middle class American family when the daughter brings home, as her fiancé, someone who is acceptable in every way except one - skin color. And the movie was made in 1967, one year before the death of Martin Luther King Jr.

A Katharine Hepburn Movie I Like: On Golden Pond - A sentimental favorite since it includes an ailing Henry Fonda (who passed away within a year after receiving his "real" Oscar) giving the performance of his career. THe subject matter was a bit too sentimental (if you know what I mean) for my tastes, which is why it's only a "like".

A Katharine Hepburn (TV) Movie I Hate: Mrs. Delafield Wants to Marry. Why in the name of all that is holy did anyone think this was a good idea?

The many many Honorable Mentions: The African Queen; The Philadelphia Story; Suddenly, Last Summer; Adam's Rib; Woman of the Year -the list is long and lush. If any of you have the urge to see an old movie, google her filmography and just randomly pick one. You shouldn't be disappointed. Just do me a favor and see them in Black and White first. :Ih8colorizing

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 25th, 2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: FU Imagepolice. >:
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
:Ih8colorizing
You are not wrong to feel that way

One more for the roooooooad
(this means i will go again)

I was assigned Dan Aykroyd from the Colonel's HQ

Dan Aykroyd movie I loved: Trading Places. Hilarious

Dan Aykroyd movie I liked: Ghostbusters. Lot of good lines and oh so much merchandise

Dan Aykroyd movie I hated: Gonna have to go with Caddyshack 2 yet again. God this movie sucked

Honorable Mention: The Blues Brothers. If you don't watch this movie, I will eat at your house for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, every day of the week.

Last edited by Pentegarn : Sep 25th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM       
I'm in...again.

Pent gave me Michael Clarke Duncan.

Michael Clarke Duncan movie I loved: The Green Mile--What else?
Michael Clarke Duncan movie I liked: Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby
--Funny stuff. And I'm not a NASCAR fan.
Michael Clarke Duncan movie I hated: Daredevil. The only daring thing was watching this movie.
Honorable mentions: Bulworth, Breakfast Of Champions, The Whole Nine Yards
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 07:51 PM       
One. More. Time.

Mail's in. Actually, the mail was early. The assignment was difficult.

In two words: Henry Fonda. (I hear the murmuring amongst the throng "Didn't he star in Easy Rider?" )

I get all the old ones.

A Henry Fonda movie I love: 12 Angry Men. Probably the greatest ensemble movie ever. Go on, prove me wrong.

A Henry Fonda movie I like: Mr. Roberts. He played it on stage and screen, and the movie won the Best Picture Oscar in 1955 which was (and still is) unusual for a comedy.

A Henry Fonda movie I hate: Yours, Mine and Ours. I was never a fan of Lucille Ball, and she ruined this movie for me.

Honorable Mention(s): Fail-Safe. Check it out. Plus pretty much any movie of his with a western theme.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 27th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 12:34 AM       
I'll take one more (and will ask MailCall when he gets up if he sent you your thespian Flagg)

This one is hard, because the hated category exists, but Colonel has given me Anthony Hopkins

Anthony Hopkins movie I loved:No question, Silence of the Lambs (will go ahead and lump in Hannibal and Red Dragon too) and it is entirely due to his efforts.

Anthony Hopkins movie I liked: Fracture. I liked this one, though many forget it even existed

Anthony Hopkins movie I hated:The Grinch. He may have only narrated it, but that counts for me.

Honorable mention: Thor, Mask of Zorro

Last edited by Pentegarn : Sep 27th, 2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM       
Awww....alright. Just one more....

Pentegarn has provided me with Humphrey Bogart.

A Humphrey Bogart movie I loved: Casablanca. Yeah. It's that good.
A Humphrey Bogart movie I liked: Angels With Dirty Faces.
Bogey and Cagney in the same movie. 'Nuff said.
A Humphrey Bogart movie I hated: The Oklahoma Kid.
Bogey and Cagney in the same movie, and it's a western. Don't work.
Honorable Mentions:
Everything else.

Last edited by MailCall : Sep 27th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
So Pent, apparently you liked The Road to Wellville? You were one of very few.

And yes, I lied. I'll go again.

The mailman always delivers, and he delivered a beauty - Jennifer Connelly

A Jennifer Connelly movie I loved: Labyrinth - showing my age again, but this is a cult classic. Where else can you find evil muppets? David Bowie holds his own, and in some places carries the picture. Not much on plot, but great on imagery.

A Jennifer Connelly movie I liked: Hulk - OK, shoot me. I liked Sam Elliott and Nick Nolte in this movie, Eric Bana was bland, sure, but he didn't suck, and the dual cameo of Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno was cool.

A Jennifer Connelly movie I hated: The Day the Earth Stood Still. Should have kept on moving.

Honorable Mention: She only had a small role, but Once Upon A Time In America is a great movie. Also, House of Sand and Fog - very difficult to get through but ultimately worth it. Real depressing, though - don't watch if you're having thoughts of suicide.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 30th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 10:57 PM       
I'd like to have another round.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 06:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
So Pent, apparently you liked The Road to Wellville? You were one of very few.
Actually never saw it, sounds like i should keep it that way though.

Guess this means i am also going again

The cured leper sent me Ken Foree

His movie catalog is limited mostly to a few movies made in the last few years, only a couple of which I have seen, and all of which I hated(except the Hank Gathers TV movie, and I only kind of liked that movie), 2 movies I hated and 1 I liked would be boring, however, he has been in almost every TV show every made in cameo roles, so we will use that

Ken Foree TV show I loved: Cheers. he played a police officer in an episode of one of the greatest sitcoms ever made

Ken Foree TV show I liked: Quantum Leap. He played something/someone called The Brush. I don't remember this entity, but I liked the show and watched almost every episode

Ken Foree TV show I hated: Family Matters. Doesn't matter what he played, this was a terrible show

Honorable mention: We'll stick the hank Gathers movie here, only because Loyala Marymount was a beast of a school in basketball in those days

Last edited by Pentegarn : Sep 30th, 2011 at 06:26 AM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 10:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Actually never saw it, sounds like i should keep it that way though.
Don't even bother with Wellville. There was only one moment in the movie where I laughed ... yet one of the movie's main songs was entitled "The Laughing Song". Ah irony.

Yes, yes, I know. I'll take another, while I'm waiting for my next mail delivery.

Pent, you're killing me. Another nearly impossible task. Gregory Peck.

A Gregory Peck movie I love: To Kill a Mockingbird. Is there any other choice? He is Atticus Finch.

A Gregory Peck movie I like: The Guns of Navarone - another adaptation of an Alistair MacLean novel did not fail to disappoint me. Plus it has Zorba! How can you not like this movie?

A Gregory Peck movie I hate don't like very much: The Yearling.

Honorable Mention(s): Pretty much every movie he had been in. I'm serious, he was that good of an actor. Legendary. I recommend Cape Fear (the original); The Omen (of course); Roman Holiday (just to see him in a comedy); The Boys from Brazil; and On the Beach.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 29th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM       

Matthew Broadrick Movies I Loved: The Cable Guy - A very underrated and slightly disturbing film. One of my many examples to why Ben Still is better as a writer/directer than and actor.

Matthew Broadrick Movie I Liked: War Games - A great story, solid presentation and still relevant. I normally hate remakes but this story would be prefect for a modern adaptation now that hacking is more accessible.

Matthew Broadrick Movie I Hated: A tie between Godzilla & Inspector
Gadget

Honorable Mentions: That movie with the pedophile principle.

BONUS! Matthew Broadrick movies I'm ashamed to like: The Road To Wellville (filmed in my city at the Mohonk Mountain House)
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 06:29 AM       
Awaiting orders from the Colonel

and at the fact that this is probably the most "The Road to Wellville" has ever been talked about.

Fresh from HQ. My mission, should I chose to accept it, is Donald Sutherland.

Donald Sutherland movie I loved: Animal House. Fun fact: Donald Sutherland was asked if he wanted to be paid with an upfront sum of of 40k or 2.5% of all profits (this would of course include video sales on all formats). He chose the 40k, way to be champ!

Donald Sutherland movie I liked: Kelly's Heroes. I think every actor in the universe was in this movie, even the ones not born yet.

Donald Sutherland movie I hated: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Kind of stupid that a Final Fantasy movie would have nothing to do whatsoever with anything Final Fantasy. They would have been better served to tape a guy playing a Final Fantasy game.

Honorable Mention: Klute, MASH, The Dirty Dozen, The Kentucky Fried Movie, JFK, Outbreak, A Time to Kill, Instinct, Space Cowboys, Reign Over Me

Last edited by Pentegarn : Oct 1st, 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM       
I wanna play!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM       
Welcome Back, J Tithonus. Drop me an actor.
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM       
Well, what the hell. I'm in again.

The Colonel ordered me up Bill Murray

Bill Murray Movie I Loved: Stripes. It has comedy, war, and Sean Young when she was still young and hot.
Bill Murray Movie I Liked: Caddyshack
. A hitter's lineup of comedy greats. But Rodney stole the show.
Bill Murray Movie I Hated: Tootsie
. Everyone else liked it. I thought it sucked. Good thing Murray had a small part.
Honorable Mentions:
Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Mad Dog And Glory

Last edited by MailCall : Oct 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 PM.