Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM       
Rewatched Quantum of Solace the entire way through sober. I liked it a lot more. I'm still not a fan of the opening car chase scene though.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM       
I just saw From Beyond and it blew my MIND
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 01:14 AM       
From Beyond's pretty cool :O i love lovecraft movies and i love that guy that is from reanimator. Have you ever seen Dreams from the witchhouse? That movie's crazy as mofo !
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
Watch Castlefreak, directed by the same guy and pretty uncalled for. You'll love it.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM       
Ringu - In order for a remake to be worth a damn it has to be far superior to the original, that's why remakes of really old horror movies are usually okay (Body Snatchers, The Thing). The American remake of Ringu is only better in some areas, special effects for example, and actually worse in others, Sadako's eyeball is scarier than her stupid, blue "Exorcist" face, so Ringu should probably usurp The Ring's place in my head, but I saw The Ring first and it has a special place in my heart that Ringu just can't fill. Did you know the first commercials for The Ring were aired after midnight, they were basically excerpts from the in-film short film but the thing was the commercial didn't in any way indicate it was a commercial. Spooked me pretty bad at the time, especially the upside-down spinning chair.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM       
I watched Ringu first before the Ring came out. That movie creeped me the fuck out. I took the American version with a grain of salt, so I was able to enjoy it as well.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM       
I was so used to vengeful longhaired female ghosts that Ringu didn't faze me a bit, and I thought The Ring was mainly silly. I think that the scariest out of the whole American series was the short, "Rings".

The remake of the Grudge was dumb as hell, but the first time I saw Takako Fuji come down the staircase as Kayako in the J-Cinema version, she scared the shit out of me. I mean, to a level where I was uncomfortable being home alone, which is stupid.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:27 PM       
Saw Hellraiser on the big screen in 35mm last week. Watched the second one today, first time in ages. I like the second one way, way better. Rare case of sequel surpassing the original.
filthiest soap dish
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 03:35 AM       
The Jerk and Christmas Vacation, so.... go shove it.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:09 AM       
I love Christmas Vacation
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Saw Hellraiser on the big screen in 35mm last week. Watched the second one today, first time in ages. I like the second one way, way better. Rare case of sequel surpassing the original.

The 2nd one is with the cracked out doctor right? I liked that one a lot better than the first.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:00 AM       
This Is Spinal Tap. I can't believe I dicked around that long on watching it. This is brilliant!

j/k fuck them
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
The 2nd one is with the cracked out doctor right? I liked that one a lot better than the first.
Yes it is...and probably the last good one in the series.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM       
Yeah, Hellraiser in space was horrible. Yes it's nice to hear about the toy maker, but it was still lacking in feeling.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM       
Doc Chanard was really effective, I thought. I prefer the second one to the first, as well. I haaaated part 3, but I didn't mind Bloodlines so much, and Inferno was good if you don't count it as a real Hellraiser movie. The rest are pure shit. Especially the newest ones.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:57 PM       
Inferno? I don't think I know that one.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM       
I can't remember plot exactly, but it's got a real mind-fuck vibe to it and the protagonist has a hell of a time (LOL!!) trying to figure shit out. I remember a scene where he his mother was behind a locked door being tortured. Pretty messed up stuff.

Edit: A couple bits of trivia from wiki:

The film is unique amongst Hellraiser films in terms of underplaying the traditionally high gore factor. Many scenes are pull away shots where the moment of violence is only suggested, not shown. In fact, the murder of the main character's mother is not shown at all, and merely suggested by horrible screams that gurgle as something awful is done (whose details are left to the viewer's imagination) and a huge amount of blood flowing under a locked door.

The movie's plot line parallels that of Jacob's Ladder.

---
Apparently, it's the only one in the series classified as "psychological thriller," which is nice, 'cause everything else after Hellbound was shitty horror

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM       
Awesome! I love it when they don't actually show the gore and you totally imagine that you saw it.
Forum Virgin
Charity is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM       
The last movie I saw was "The Spirit". I liked it, though it has a different feel to it than traditional super-hero movie. I loved all the inside references. There are things you will only notice if you read comic books.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity View Post
I loved all the inside references. There are things you will only notice if you read comic books.
Could you please elaborate?
Forum Virgin
Charity is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:16 PM       
There is a street named Iger. Iger was Eisner's business partner when they founded a comic packaging company. He warned Eisner not to go into comic books. The truck that the villains use has Ditko written on it. The name of one of Octopus' goons is Donenfeld. Harry Donenfeld was the Publisher of DC that forced people to sell the rights to their creations before he would publish them.
filthiest soap dish
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 03:03 AM       
Go on...
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Yeah, Hellraiser in space was horrible. Yes it's nice to hear about the toy maker, but it was still lacking in feeling.

Everything in space is horrible.

Hellraiser, Leprechaun, Jason, Critters. Only thing good in space was Killer Clowns and that's because they're from outer space....and they came here.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM       
My boyfriend persists in believing that the real title of "Jason X" is "Jason Goes to Space", in a Muppet-capery fashion.

No, he really believes that's the title.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
That's awesome