Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 07:07 PM        Communication
Does anyone find that even though there is a some form of communication on this site but there is also a murky grey underbelly? I just find that this site might have been set up buy a bunch of friends that might actually have real one on one day to day real time communication that has spawned into a site of people looking for something else and I can't figure out what it is?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 09:50 PM       
No response must mean that intellectually and socially that my assumption is correct that there can't be any real trust in being social on the computer for most because responding in any true social way would comprimise any personal privacy that people want to exclude or perhaps hide.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 10:28 PM       
What the fucking fuckidy fuck are you talking about? I honestly can't stand reading your posts.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 10:47 PM       
and here we have "Captain Bubba" picks an avatar of a person with a bag on his head.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 06:01 AM       
No seriously, out of all the fucked up things I've read in the past 48 hours, that was the least intelligible. :/
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 09:43 AM       
I'm sorry, I have to agree.

You need to be more clear in what you're trying to communicate if you want to start a conversation.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:15 PM       
Ya I guess it is kinda hard for me to convey what I am trying to say sometimes.

Ok I will try to rephrase... Do you really think that there is any real meaning to communicate with someone on the internet if you don't also have some kind of off line relationship with that person. For example Max could be a murderer or Captain Bubba might be a wife beater.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:20 PM       
I think I understand what you're trying to say, but it was still horribly worded.

In answer to your question, Max Burbank is no murderer. He is a leprechaun. Who prances. I should know, I met him under the rainbow that one day. :swoon
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:56 PM       
I think I have been reading too many Vince quotes... Anyway I know that Max isn't a murderer but I alway's think about the validity of communicating with people on the internet.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FartinMowler
I think I have been reading too many Vince quotes... Anyway I know that Max isn't a murderer but I alway's think about the validity of communicating with people on the internet.
You can't count on 100% honesty on the internet, if that is what you are looking for. Fact of the matter is that you can be as honest or as dishonest as you want to be, and the only thing that you can measure by, is other peoples response to what you are saying.
If you are looking to stabilize friendships or relationships over the net, you have to hang around for a while, get to know the different personalities....sometimes it pays off to take a chance PM'ing someone! Personal messages can help you get more one-on-one with another member...but then again that doesn't neccessarily garantee you a lasting friendship.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
I'm also registered with some local message boards and I've found that most of the people that I met seemed sincere and pretty close to the persona they presented on the message board. Of course, in some of the get togethers we planned, there was a substantial percentage of people that didn't show up. THOSE were probably the ones that were full of shit.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:24 PM       
There is no way for any of you to know if I'm a murderer or not.

I'll say this.

I have never been convicted of murder.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
I'm also registered with some local message boards and I've found that most of the people that I met seemed sincere and pretty close to the persona they presented on the message board. Of course, in some of the get togethers we planned, there was a substantial percentage of people that didn't show up. THOSE were probably the ones that were full of shit.
Maybe people like Vinth and Bubba?

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:41 PM        I suppose
I really love Dawson's Creek. And as much as I love Joey and Pacey and the gang, I understand that they are probably not in person who they appear to be on tv.

I probably won't ever meet them though. So I guess I'll never know for sure. They could be delightfully wonderful, or ridiculously rude.

Either way, it's entertainment. See what I'm getting at?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
Analogies are cool.. I'm a fan of Smallville myself.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:31 PM       
Then... DIE.

How do you know any of the persons you know in real life aren't murderers, child rapists and wifebeaters?

The Internet provides greater anonimity to people, which allows them to lie, but it also often causes a greater honesty: what's the worst that could happen?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 05:15 PM       
I will hold onto the hope that people like Mburbank and kellychaos and Gasux are dudes just like me *

*Marty may have a bigger wiener [/b][/i]
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:01 PM       
Wife beating is awfully hard to do when your busy masturbating to dead people. Just a fact. Not an observation.

Or is it?

Honestly though, the only thing I've ever lied about on the internet in the hopes that it would be taken seriously was that I can bench 240. I can only actually do 200.

Funny thing was, I wasn't questioned in my claim. People are far too trusting on the internet, but at the same time that trust is what gives people the urge to stay truthful.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:08 PM       
I've only met a few people from the internet, and I go tdrunk as hell everytime. SO i can't really say if they are like what they are in real life or not(im tired). I'm probably not the same.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:17 PM        Yeah
Here's what I'm getting at. I don't care. I don't care if Max picks his nose, or if Proto has really bad acne, or if Kevin has a funny accent. This isn't love connection. If I had come to this MB hoping to find my dream man (I mean, if I were gay or whatever....) then maybe it would matter.

But since that's not the case it really doesnt matter. The people who post here, love them or hate them, entertain and even sometimes enlighten me. That's all its about. If we're all shitbags in real life, who cares.

I'm pretty sure you don't need an internet connection to be a shitbag.