Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:55 AM       
Well, lets see now.

Colleges and clubs up and down the east coast from Maine to key West.

Horse Trade theater , Don't tell Mamas, Boston comedy club, all theaters in Greenwich village.

National Lampoon

A nationally circulating filthy magazine which will remain unmentioned

The Boston Museum of Science (freelance writing work, not my usual job)

Jimmy Tingle, Wendy Liebman, (Well nown comdians) Sam Seigel (radio personality for air America)

Emerson college

And of course, I-mockery (the web site, not the forum) which is now a professional paying market.

A lot of other people and organizations have paid for my comedy and comedy expertise, but I only mentioned the things there was a chance you'd have heard of. I don't expect you to have heard of all of these either, but these are the lead on my resume.

I don't make enough to support a family on, (mortgage, health insurance, car payments, etc.) so it's in addiition to my steady full time job, but I did live of the income when I wa single. And things have ben pretty good the last couple of years, netting me more than $10,000.00 each year.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM       
That wsn't very funny Max. If you were a REAL professional, that would have been a funnier reply.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:34 PM       
That's kinda what I was thinking. I totally handed it to him on a silver platter too. good for you though. no wonder your work here at the i-mockery forums is suffering. tell you what, i'll find my sanity once you retrace your steps and locate where you left your funny bones. i wasn't the first to make a "dude you used to be funny" post. you might want to start in your therapists office, right under his perscription notepad. it sounds like you have pills on the brain.

(Okay, i'll admit it, i did laugh a little at Don't tell Mamas)
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
"your work here at the i-mockery forums"

You really ARE unaware that this website consists of more than just the forums!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
"i remember when i first got paid to mock" -BAPE
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM       
What was 'kinda what you were thinking'? That I have a decent resume? That I can't support myself on comedy alone? That I'm not famous? Most people out of the toddler years don't expect other people to know what tey mean if they don't express it. I don't now what you mean.

I'll guess you meant Ziggy's post, which he actually did mean to be funny. You saying it's what yopu meant, and taking it seriously would be stupid. You trying to be funny by pretending to take it seriously would be a muddy, unfunny non responce.

I was answering your question, with no attempt at humor. Would you ahve been btter pleaed if you'd asked where I'd wroked and I said "Up your mother's ass, and if I had it to do over I wouldn't bother with the overtime?"

I'm establishing my bona fides, looney boy. If I was a plumber I'd be in a position to tell you not to wash coffee grounds down your drain. As a comedian, I'm advising you to stay away from humor. People have no idea what you're talking about. That's generally a bad sign if you're trying to be funny.
Mocker

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM       
I was reading your deep analysis ...and then I got distracted when the mailman arrived with a check from Comedy Central. It was adressed to Funny. There's another one on the way from Cartoon Network for a script polish on a friends show. I get by.

Uh, and Ziggy, while we're all in anylsis joke breakdown mode - I was insinuating Burbank posts to these forums like it's his fucking job. His posts rarely make me laugh anymore, and I feel ripped off. Maybe he should stick to singing showtunes at super clubs.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM       
Listening to you explain a joke is like listening to a six year-old try to explain the laws of thermodynamics.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 07:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
I was reading your deep analysis ...and then I got distracted when the mailman arrived with a check from Comedy Central. It was adressed to Funny. There's another one on the way from Cartoon Network for a script polish on a friends show. I get by.
:submarineletter

Seriously, though, what did you mean when you said that the check was addressed to Funny? I mean, I got that you were trying to prove that people will pay you for the sense of humor that you'd rather not show us, but what did you mean by the letter being addressed to Funny? Were you implying that "funny" is your middle name? Were you trying to say, in a jocular fashion of course, that you are the personification of Funny?

Mocker

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 07:58 PM       
I meant I'm just funny looking.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:08 AM       
That was funny.

If you are a paid professional comedian, more power to you. AND I applaud your ability to keep business and pleasure separate. I'm just noit sure which is which. But don't be disapointed in me. We're both here gratis, and I'm pretty sure you've never once been the least little bit funny. By your own admission, I rarely make you laugh anymore, which means they used to make you laugh.

If you pay me, I promise to make more of an effort to make you personally laugh. It would be a challenge.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 12:52 PM       
My guess is that he's the type who really enjoys a good penis joke.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
That was funny.

If you are a paid professional comedian, more power to you. AND I applaud your ability to keep business and pleasure separate. I'm just noit sure which is which. But don't be disapointed in me. We're both here gratis, and I'm pretty sure you've never once been the least little bit funny. By your own admission, I rarely make you laugh anymore, which means they used to make you laugh.

If you pay me, I promise to make more of an effort to make you personally laugh. It would be a challenge.
Pose naked. It would give you the biggest laugh you would ever get.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 09:57 AM       
"The website you have requested has been cancelled."
-Catholic Samurai