Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 06:27 PM        Do we even give a shit about the Olympics?
I've got to admit, with many Blue Jackets playing for Russia and many players I either dislike or don't care about playing for the US, I am having a hard time feeling patriotic.

The rest of it I don't give much of a shit about, although ski jump is always cool. I passed the big ski jump at Innsbruck once and that thing is fucking huge.

Otherwise, big meh. I have discovered the meh is stronger the older I get.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 09:37 PM       
http://imgur.com/gallery/6mCxYCC
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 07:34 AM       
QUICK VS BOBROVSKY, LETS DO THIS
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM       
One of my best friends from elementary school is in the Olympics and I still can't pretend to give shit.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:57 PM       
I did laugh at this, particularly the ski jump and the moguls, which must mean I'm a 13 year old boy.

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/695...ympic-athletes
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM       
GO CANADA!
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM       
Olympic coverage in the USA is bad. I was in Minneapolis last weekend for a concert and we had to watch NBC. Having everything on tape delay and edited down is pretty lame. In Canada, they're showing everything live, even though it all starts at like 3am, then the rest of the day is full replays.

There's something like 1500 hours of Olympic coverage on a combined 3 TV stations up here, and like only a tiny fraction on American TV.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 11:28 AM       
On, like, channel 2000 or something ridiculous like that here, there's a live feed. I got up at 7 am yesterday to watch Putin glare down at hockey. I guess on the stuff I do give a shit about, I prefer to do it that way. The pared-down crap at night is inane, I agree.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 11:53 AM       

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 02:49 PM       
Just spent the last 3 hours yelling at the TV and calling everyone on Team Canada an asshole for not scoring more against Finland.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM       
Maybe I've watched too many movies, but when the Russian Blue Jacket players started tweeting pics of themselves with their wives on the plane for Sochi, the first thing I thought of was that the families would be spirited off as "guests of the President" and returned safely upon victory.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 07:28 PM       
Curling is my addiction and I only get to watch it when the Olympics are on.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 09:44 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 02:56 AM       
Yeah thanks
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:40 AM       
Curling is pretty great.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 12:26 PM       
I want to join a curling league but curling in Los Angeles is like bobsledding in Jamaica.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM       
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...201054242.html

defenseman Slava Voynov. He knows Quick well, as his teammate with the Los Angeles Kings. Too well, maybe, because he said after the game that Quick may have dislodged the net on purpose.
“I can tell you myself, because I am his teammate and I play with him. It is in his style to do something like that. Yes,” he said. “The question is why wasn’t it noticed? That’s the question to the referees.”

oh man I missed a lot this weekend.
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 03:26 PM       
Latvia made that game way too hard for us.

Canada should have had a penalty shot because one of the Latvians grabbed the puck with his hand and pulled it out of net just as it was about to fully cross the line.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM       
I can't wait to see if they put Quick up against Drew and Carter. It's gonna be awkward enough when Slava gets back to L.A.

Edit: On that note I heard predictions that there wont be any more NHL players in the Olympics next time. They are pressured to spill the beans on their teammates and then continue the season afterwards. It comes down to what's more important, the gold or the cup. A lot of people are saying the cup.
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 03:55 PM       
The vast majority of the players want to be in the Olympics. The owners get their panties in a bunch because of injury risk (look at Zetterberg and now Tavares from today's game) and want the IOC or IIHF to pay for the insurance.

People are speculating that the next Olympics won't be as big of a deal because they're in South Korea so no players are going to feel the need to go and play in front of a home audience.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:01 PM       
That makes more sense. I thought it would have more to do with trades or some shit like that. Before the Olympics I heard someone wanted to make the trade but didn't because they didn't want to pay for them while they were at the oylmpics, how that effects not trading for them after the olympics I have no clue.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM       
TURN IN YOUR PASSPORT AND PAPERS BOBROVSKY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 12:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
Latvia made that game way too hard for us.

Canada should have had a penalty shot because one of the Latvians grabbed the puck with his hand and pulled it out of net just as it was about to fully cross the line.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/con...ave?ocid=yahoo

wow

also

http://www.wimp.com/soundscurling/
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM       
I just want to know, did he get Olga back safe and sound?

Damn, Putin, you scary
Resident Chimp
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM       
Best women's hockey game I've ever seen.