Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 06:19 PM       
47 Ronin looks horrible
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM       
It really does.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM       
Lords of Salem was the worst Kubrick movie ever made
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 05:59 PM       
Elysium was alright, I was able to watch it and not get bored, Kick Ass 2 was hard to sit through though.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM       
I thought it looked too much like Oblivion and After Earth so I didn't bother. I guess I'll watch it now.

I really enjoyed Gantz. The special fx were better than I expected and Gantz itself was great.

Last edited by dextire : Dec 17th, 2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: we were better
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 08:56 PM       
It's District 9, again.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM       
My friend and I went to see the Desolation of Smaug. We both liked it. I actually thought that it looked very nice in HFR-3D.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM       
Kick Ass 2 lost me about 20 minutes in. I was just like ehhh I don't care.

I'd kind of like to see Red and Red 2, never got a chance to. Don't give too much of a shit about the other stuff out there right now.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM       
Red was great, Red 2 isn't as great but good enough so that I'll see Red 3 when it comes to video.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM       
I've loved Helen Mirren ever since Caligula.

I've always thought, now there's a good sport.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM       
She's great in both films. I liked John Malkovich much better in 2.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM       
Went to see the second Hunger Games installment in the theater. Not the nice downtown Columbus theater with the giant cushy leather recliners and cafe food, but a shit mall movie theater with a bunch of idiot teenagers who couldn't make up their mind whether they wanted to be roaming or sitting.

The movie was...I dunno. I tried to do the fair thing and read all of the books. It exactly matched the second book, except sped up a bit. Everyone is very pretty and the costumes and effects are beautiful and Jennifer Lawrence is a delight to watch, and all, but it's still the same damn story as BR. The second movie follows the progression from being victims of the system to using the next Games to start the rebellion that brings down the Man. They even give the contestants a water-landing that meshes nicely with the Normandy scene from BR2. I continue to not believe you knew nothing of this very popular plot, Suzanne Collins.

As far as effect on me...none, really. I just felt like I'd read the book again. I wasn't entertained, I wasn't not-entertained. It was more "Oh, yes, I remember this happening, and I see they went with baboons."

I heard they're breaking the last installment into two parts, Harry Potter-style. I guess it makes sense to squeeze out every drop once your star becomes an Oscar-winner and bankable up the wazoo.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM       
Wolverine Japan is the worst fucking movie I've seen in some 20 years. I dare any one to explain to me why this movie is worth finishing. I turned it off 3/4 of the way through it and I can sit through almost anything. Fuck you asshole mother fucking shithole fagnut penises.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 10:25 PM       
i haven't seen it because it doesn't look interesting at all, but the best i've heard is that it's better than wolverine origins
but that's not saying much
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 03:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Wolverine Japan is the worst fucking movie I've seen in some 20 years. I dare any one to explain to me why this movie is worth finishing. I turned it off 3/4 of the way through it and I can sit through almost anything. Fuck you asshole mother fucking shithole fagnut penises.
I suckered my gf into seeing this at the drivein. It was worth watching it all the way through because the heat was on after.

The heat is fucking good as shit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM       
Hopefully I can download Chûshingura

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198371/
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 10:12 PM       
Ok, I have The 47 Ronin from 1941

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033654/

I hope it's decent, I heard Reeves tell Stewert or Colbert (I forget who) that it was an old story and I remembered that I got it for my dad a year ago or something. Hopefully I can find one that's watchable.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Hopefully I can download Chûshingura

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198371/
that's a good one.

i watched fitzcarraldo and i guess i didn't get it. i liked the parts that were outside of the hour's worth of moving the boat over the mountain. also the ending sucks. also i just made jokes about klaus kinski being a pedophile the whole time.

i also watched a bunch of various asian movies that ranged from godawful to pretty good. the ends of the spectrum - pretty good: deadful melody. godawful: chunking express.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM       
I streamed Toys (featuring Robin Williams) yesterday. I didn't care for it much.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM       
The Black Death.

Real fuckin' jolly.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM       
Oh man, I almost thought I found a Beat Takeshi chia head.

teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM       
I want a beat takeshi chia head.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM       
If you make one, make me one too and I'll pay well and cover shipping.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM       
I hate working with clay. The dust on my hands gives me cold chills.

I assume chia won't grow on sculpey because sculpey won't absorb water.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 10:32 PM       
...I'll think about it.