Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 07:56 PM       
Because I'm not spending 500 dollars on a system to play Lair. No thanks.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:13 PM       
They have LAME games! duh
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM       
Just whatever you do don't buy a Wii unless you enjoy lame Nintendo tech demos and ported PS2 games that kinda-sorta-notreally work with the gimmicky POS wiimote. Oh and don't forget the 'retro' (aka shitty old) games that you got bored of 10 years ago but can now, through the magic of technology, pay for again.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM       
http://www.infendo.com/wii/wii-bingo/#more-4245
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM       
Be honest now, who saw the title of this thread and DIDN'T think it was going to devolve into another faggy console wars thread?

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM       
Spoilers for idiots still engaging in console wars.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:53 PM       
Because you don't own any one of them.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM       
I'm getting a Wii. It's got a grand total of 1 game I want at this point, but at least it won't blow up in my face!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 09:16 PM       
Neither will a 360.

In fact, it's just as likely your Wii will break.

GODDAMNIT, I'm tired of this. Emu: You want a 360, get the Premium. It's exactly what you want for what you need.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 09:22 PM       
OK THEN IF YOU'RE GONNA BE LIKE THAT I DON'T WANNA PLAY A BUNCH OF SHOOTAN GAEMS AND PAY A YEARLY FEE FOR LITTLE KIDS TO SHOUT THE N WORD AT ME ON GEARS OF WAR
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 09:38 PM       
Seriously, if I wanted a bunch of idiots to yell at me about pointless shit I'd just hang out on 4chan and I-Mockery for free.

Which I do all the time anyway!
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM       
4CHAN SUCKS YOU JERK STOP GOING ON IT YOU B-TARD I HATE THAT PLACE ITS'S SO POINTLESS JEEZ THATS ALL IMMORTAL GOAT DOES AND IT DRIVES ME CRAZY
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM       
I'm starting to loathe it, don't worry!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM       
So I reviewed this thread and decided that you all should take a look at THIS.

Also Fathom Zero is the most retarded Microsoft fanboy I've ever seen in my life.

Even my friend Teddy isn't as bad as you, at least he can admit to the thing being a fucking piece of shit because it melts itself down every two weeks.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also Fathom Zero is the most retarded Microsoft fanboy I've ever seen in my life.
Holy fuck, did you ever miss the target. I'm a Sony fanboy, jerk.

I just happen to have strong opinions about consoles I OWN. 6 Months and still not melted or otherwise!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 09:50 PM       
That tends to happen when you fix the manufacturer's fuckups yourself!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:31 PM       
I haven't broken the seal yet, you goddamn moron.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:56 PM       
But your use of the word 'yet' indicates that you acknowledge the inevitability of the venture!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM       
Then what was that a few pages back where you went into a PASSIONATE DEFENSE of the console because you can fix it yourself?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW IF IT WORKS, OR ARE YOU JUST A LIAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:02 PM       
I've opened every console I've owned, so yes, Chojin. But that's just side-skirting what you said. So, after the warranty is up and they've given me my fixed/new console because the old one breaks, I will indeed modify the X-Clamps.

Provided, of course, they don't fix the problem by then.

My 360 should work, I just played EDF not one hour ago. And I'd like to see those quotes of things I've said. I'd also like to mention that anyone, WITH PROPER KNOWLEDGE, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 11:11 PM       
Nevermind about that last bit. I realize now that what may be good for someone may not be for someone else.
was never good
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 06:10 AM       
This is true. But really, with lines like "Anyone, with proper knowledge, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue," do you really need proof that you said something asinine in the past, prior to a few hours ago?

By the way, my Wii is making strange noises when we play MySims, but during no other game. It's coming from the disc drive, though I have no idea if the Wii is supposed to be that loud. My guess is NO, and I called Nintendo to get a UPS shipping label sent to me. It arrived a few days ago (about 2 days after I made the call), and I was told that it would take about 3-4 days to get to Nintendo, 3-4 days to repair, and then another 3-4 days to get it back - At most 2 weeks, total, with no proof whatsover that something was wrong. When I called Nintendo, they had Smash Bros. music for the hold music and warned that my wait time could be UPWARDS OF FIVE MINUTES but thank god it was only like two or something. I told the guy that it was making strange noises while playing MySims and he said 'Oh, really? Is that game any good?' and we talked a bit about it. I offered to let him listen to the noises after he'd submit my repair order, and he was all 'What was that?' (it sounds like a hamster trying to escape a habitrail). However, the system still works fine and is just making noises in that one game, and I'm afraid to send it out because we use it too much (between MySims and Mario Strikers Charged and Metroid Prime 3, I don't think there's a day that it doesn't go used).

Compare this to Microsoft's service, wherein you can expect to wait AT LEAST a month to get your system back, and it is virtually guaranteed to break (if it wasn't, they wouldn't have extended the warranty to 3 years. Shut up.). I don't know if you have to pay to ship it to them in the first place, but my money is on 'of course.' Our friend Chris is going through this issue at the moment (they've had his box for at least a month and a half), and so far has yet to play his copy of Halo 3 due to their shitty turn-around time.

I also ordered a new set of 4 Wii straps from Nintendo's web site a few weeks ago, for free (I heard they had released new models of straps from Infendo). They arrived within the week. This is my second set from Nintendo, and these have a lil locking mechanism. They're cute.
was never good
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 06:12 AM       
Also you can suck my wireless dongle vis-a-vis your 'I HAVE NO TIME TO ARGUE WITH FOOLS TO WHOM THIS KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT CONCERN OR APPLY' remark, as I fully intend on getting a 360 when they fix the very real problems with their console.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 03:08 PM       
Fair enough.

Is your game broken or scratched, though? My 360 does that with EDF and only EDF. Perhaps the 360 and Wii use the same brand of drive or the data is stored in the same pattern on the disc. Hmmmm.

How is MySims, by the way?
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM       
I CAN MAKE ALL 3 CONSOLES USING MY PC