Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM        Weekly Movie Review: UHF
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: UHF.
Guitar Hero virgin
Elvirathon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
First!!!
oh and good review
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
Yes, for a very long time this has been one of my favorite movies. Especially Conan's face when he finds out the customer's book are being returned late.
but it still damn hurts.
Its_Not_a_tumor is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM       
SPATULA CITY!
SPATULA CITY!
SPATULA CITY!
SPATULA CITY!
SPATULA CITY!
SPATULA CITY!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
BADGERS? We don't need no stinkin' BADGERS!
Fake Shemp
Ferrit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
If that little kid hadn't cracked a smile after hawking that huge clam right on Al/George's nose, it might well have been the funniest moment in theatrical history. As it turned out, it was pretty gd funny even with the smile goof.

Would love to say I caught this in the theater during the week it was out - sadly, I did not. Fortunately it hit cable pretty quick, and the copy I made got enough viewings to wear it thin thin thin until eBay landed me a VHS copy. Finally the gods smiled and released it on DVD
Forum Virgin
plooker is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
OH, RoG, only a 4 pickle rating? This film made 'Amazon Women on the Moon' look like 'Kentucky Fried Movie.' Of course, I am biased, having fallen in love with Al in 1985, when I was 9. When this hit video it blew my tiny mind.
Fake Shemp
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM       
RoG - IMHO this movie deserves to be a full feature review - not just a quickie Weekly
Mr. everywhere
fluffkomix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM       
i want to see it now
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM       
First of all, I second Ferrit's idea.

Also, I so wish Weird Al would make another movie. I have a feeling it would be much more successful these days. I think UHF was just ahead of it's time.

Oh well, I guess he's too busy with his music videos, etc. to make another one.

BTW, anyone here seen his Trapped In The Drive-Through vid, yet? It's hilarious.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by plooker View Post
OH, RoG, only a 4 pickle rating? This film made 'Amazon Women on the Moon' look like 'Kentucky Fried Movie.' Of course, I am biased, having fallen in love with Al in 1985, when I was 9. When this hit video it blew my tiny mind.
4 pickles is a very good rating. I just try to reserve my 5 pickle ratings for my ultimate favorites. A lot of sites out there hand out perfect ratings all too often, so I wanna be honest with all o' my reviews in terms of what I think of 'em. I generally don't think much of sites who hand out perfect ratings constantly, just doesn't seem like you can take their opinions seriously. UHF rules though, no doubt about it and Weird Al was a huge influence on me as a kid and the fact that he's still just as good these days as he was back then says a lot about just how talented he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrit View Post
RoG - IMHO this movie deserves to be a full feature review - not just a quickie Weekly
Honestly, I don't think it does. I generally give full feature reviews to a) undiscovered gems that hardly anybody has seen or b) cheesy movies with an amazing amount of unintentional humor.

An intentionally hilarious movie like UHF would be hard to do my usual commentary on, because nothing I say would really add onto it. I've been working on a big feature movie review all this week and it should be up sometime next week... I guarantee it won't disappoint. Action, cheese, the works.

We now return you to Stanley Spadowski's Playhouse, already in progress on Channel 62.
Fake Shemp
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Point taken. Looking forward to the next big feature movie review. They're what give my life purpose

I'm thinking of something orange....something orange....orange....give up? It's an ORANGE!!!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
I first saw this movie about four years ago or so, whenever it was that it came out on DVD. I loved it right away but it made me wish I saw it when I was a lot younger since this seems like nostaligic-about-childhood kind of movie.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Forum Virgin
shakaconner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:03 AM       
Great flick, BIG EDNA!? BIG EDNA!? I recently named a gigantic sledding hill I made with some friends "Big Edna."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:21 AM       
FUN TRIVIA: R.J. Fletcher's son is played by the same guy who was Jambi the Genie on Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Forum Virgin
NightProwler is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM       
This flick had completely slipped my mind. I was not even aware that is was available on DVD. Damn! I'm going to have to pull out my box of old VHS tapes and give this a look. Christ! I must be the only person on the planet that still has a VCR. I hope the heads don't need cleaning.
lurking on the walls
saturnknight is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM       
i love this movie, the only reason it did bad in theaters was because it was released the same time as Batman and Indiana Jones
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 07:51 AM       
I love this movie to death. It may have flopped (C'mon! It was competing with Batman and Indiana Jones!) but I'd rank it up there with Airplane and Naked Gun for fans of wacky comedies.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM       
The was one of the best movies to come out in the 80's. When he is Rambo and blowing everything up and just yelling is incredible. It's almost like he saw into the future and was preparing for the new John Rambo movie.

The UHF sound track was the first cassette that I ever bought. I still have it in my car. The odd thing is I don't have a tape player in it anymore. I guess I should clean my car one of these days. I think I could talk about that soundtrack all day.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go enjoy a nice Spam sandwich.
Forum Virgin
Moranzollamas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM       
A friend of mine still has his ticket stub from the day he saw it.

One of my alltime favorites. Some of the better shows on it were Celebrity Mud Wrestling and Bowling for Burgers with Chef Bernie.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM       
The only thing I really remember about this movie is the Conan sketch, because when they played it on Comedy Central they cut out the part with the kid being sliced in half, but they left the sound in so that it happened off screen. It actually made it a lot funnier.
Forum Virgin
StormDragon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM       
I must have seen this right when it hit theaters because I definitely saw it there. I remember it running with a trailer for Nightmare on Elm Street 5 (I think) that I was too scared to watch.
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
I was a big Al fan as a kid and remember seeing this in the theater on opening day. I liked it, but thought it was missing more music. I would've given it 3 1/2 stars then and I'm sticking with that rating now.
is hopped up on goofballs
rizzo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM       
Supplies!
Forum Virgin
whoareyou is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
My MOP! MY MOP! You don't understand my dad gave me that mop!
My favorite line.