Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:37 AM        name that game
My wife is trying to remember a sega genesis rpg and I cannot find it anywhere. She said that you have to rebuild a town, and you find people to help you by talking to townspeople, she remembers in particular having to find an architect to build a hospital, then finding a doctor and nurse. Also there is a sidequest board where you find someone's lost dog, any ideas?
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:14 PM       
I just went through a list of Sega Genesis RPG's, and I couldn't find anything close to that. Do you have anything else I could go on?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:20 PM       
ActRaiser is the only game from that generation I can think of that's remotely like that.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 03:13 AM       
Soul Blazer had a vaguely similar mechanic, in that you rescued people's souls, and then buildings would appear. But that was an SNES game.

Phantasy Star IV had a side quest where you got the job of searching for someone's dog from a job board, but it didn't have any of that finding an architect to build a hospital business.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM       
doesn't shining force 2 have a bit where you rebuild a town

not sure though
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 05:11 PM       
You build a town in Breath of Fire 2 but once again, that's for the SNES. Is it possible your wife is thinking of the wrong console?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM       
I played Dark Cloud 2 and it kind of fits the description. If your wife isn't a dedicated gamer she could be mixing up the gameplay/missions of that or it's prequel with Phantasy Star or Shining Force... just a thought.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM       
you have to hire a mason and a carpenter to fix a temple in might and magic six but there's no way you'd mistake that for a genesis game
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM       
shining force 2 seems likely, but i don't know that many genesis RPGs
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM       
she recently beat both shining force games for genesis, so it's not 2. she thinks it was probably crossing games up, one of which was almost surely phantasy star IV, thanks guys