Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
17!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
Things like "friendzones" are just myths people make up to explain their failings. Women aren't mysterious creatures that file male acquaintances under specific roles in impenetrable neurologic filing cabinets. You're not going to get trapped in some made-up construct that realistically only exists in your mind and the minds of similarly unsexed teenagers.

Fact of it is if a girl says something to you that suggests she's not interested in pursuing a romantic relationship it probably means she's not interested in pursuing a romantic relationship and furthermore finds your physique and/or personality highly objectionable but yet still feels she needs to "dress it up" a bit so as not to hurt your feelings.

That said she obviously doesn't like you much at all if the best thing she could think of was a sentence as cliché and insincere as "you're like a brother to me".

So in summary you're fucked - you know you're fucked, we know you're fucked and most importantly she knows you will not be fucked... by her... or anyone else... ever - so the best thing to do would be to just get over it.

edit: alternatively next time you give her a hug make sure you have a boner. :bonerhug
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
aww babysappington is jailb8

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM       
Being 17 is the worst thing because you're on the cusp of becoming a normal human, even to the extent that you can fool yourself into thinking you can make adult decisions about things and act in a rational manner. The problem comes when you act upon your best instincts and it turns out that actually you're still a dumb-ass teenager that misreads every situation you find yourself in.

So in addition to the valuable advice I've already given you I would suggest you just lock yourself away somewhere until you're not 17 any more.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM       
BONER HUGS

YES
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM       
Boner hugs.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
aww babysappington is jailb8
Aren't you 16? Because that would kinda ruin it a little.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM       
so? you're still little sappybabyton

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 05:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I think I've thought of a plan.
In our group of friends, hugs are the norm; when we leave, we hug goodbye. When we run into each other, there's a hello hug. You get the point.
One time, one of our friends kind of gave her a half-hearted hug, and she immediately noticed it, and worried about it afterwards (inb4 teenage drama).
So, what if I just start to half ignore her? Like, skimp out on her hug, pal around with the other girls a little more, stuff like that.

Win? Lose? Can you tell I'm new at this?
Skimp out? What are you, nuts? Go the other way, start giving her full-body hugs, complete with a little ass-grabbing. If she asks "Hey, tiger, what was that all about" you're IN LIKE FLYNN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
BONER HUGS
Or, you can go this route. Whatever works.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM       
Boner hugs are better than poems.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM       
I was going to say get beer and hang out with her. Oh, but being a jerk works really well too. They usually go hand in hand.

I used to be a nice guy and never got anywhere with it. Now I'm a jerk and I'm rolling in the...this and that.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM       
In all honesty 10ks first bit of advice is your best bet. Pick out one of her friends you like and get her to try and hook you up. Either you will get hooked up with someone else and can just move on or she will get jealous and and want you herself. But boner hugs if all else fails.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM       
Seriously, if she's told you once already she doesn't want you in the absolute nicest way she could and you continue to pursue her, she's gonna stop being nice to you.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM       
Yeah, make her jealous, there is no way that could ever end in disaster.

There's no way that she could try to get YOU jealous and start getting closer to one of YOUR friends. No way.

There's no way that it would just make her feel uncomfortable about you, and turn her off the idea, and maybe start avoiding being with you.

Making her jealous would only work if she actually has feelings for you other than sisterly ones, and the only outcome is that she is made to feel bad. Well done. You may also put the thought into her mind that you are boyfriend material, but again, all you manage to do by making her jealous is still to make her feel bad.

If you want to put ideas in her head, make them assosiate with good feelings about you. If she did say "you are like a brother" a good thing would have been the "how are you for incest?" joke, because it's only a joke but it still has underlying sexual themes. When you hug her, make it a good one, boner hug etc. Make a sly comment about how you only put up with hugging other people so you get to hug her, and play it off as a semi joke. If you aren't already, tell her she looks nice in clothing. Tell her you enjoy being with her rather than her and all her friends.

If this doesn't work then just tell her your feelings and ask what she thinks. You've got nothing to lose and continuing it might make her uncomfortable. If she STILL says the brother thing, then give up; she doesn't want it.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 11:50 AM       
I really hope his next thread is about how he thinks she's avoiding him....
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM       
I'm hoping for "Guess what guys? We're going to the dance together!"
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM       
He needs to get to Nevada and get his nut off so that he can be more cool around the ladies. Too much one way sexual tension freaks girls out.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM       
Not jealous in the torturous way. Just in the moment of asking her to hook him up with her friend. If she hooks him up then she wouldnt be jealous and he just moves on. If the idea of hooking him up with her friend doesnt sit well with her then it would cause her to rethink their situation.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
Hahahaha, look at us! We know what goes on in the minds of teenage girls!
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Not jealous in the torturous way. Just in the moment of asking her to hook him up with her friend. If she hooks him up then she wouldnt be jealous and he just moves on. If the idea of hooking him up with her friend doesnt sit well with her then it would cause her to rethink their situation.
Well, we (yes, we) do want her to rethink her situation, but making her hook him up with a friend is a bit harsh, and it's only going to show her that he sees her as a sister that is only there so he can get to her friends. It shows her that he is not interested.

We want her to know that he is interested, and also to make her rethink her own thoughts.
Mocker
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:59 PM       
dudee babysappyton, if you want GIRL advice then you don't listen to other guys.

seriously, as an almost seventeen year old girl, if some guy tried any of the things you guys are suggesting i'd request a restraining order.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM       
Sap, I can't help you on this girl, but let me give you some advice that I hope you consider.

Keep you puppy love for this girl a closely guarded secret. Let's say you don't.

A girl out there might like you and she may even be great for you, but no girl wants to be second to a girl that doesn't want to be with you. AND GIRLS TALK! No girl will come within a mile of you if you have your heart set on someone else.

The guys... what can I say about the guys... They are all haters. Don't believe the bros before hoe bullshit. Let's say a girl goes to one of your buddies and she is cute. She might ask them about you and they WILL say that you are all love sick over some other girl and try to hook up with the girl who is interested in you. No ones got your back buddy when it comes to hooking up with cute girls.

Just keep things cool with this girl and hit on her every once in a great while to test the water. They all change their minds, they are moody bitches, but don't ruin your chances with other girls because of this one.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM       
Hasnt he already told her he likes her and she shot him down?
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Hasnt he already told her he likes her and she shot him down?
Elx, you have never been a 17 year old girl either, don't judge us. Also, you would get a restraining order out on a very good friend that you considered your brother, just because he said you look nice or gave you the odd boner hug? Harsh.

Dimnos, I didn't read that part, and I certainly can't be bothered looking for it now.

SAPPINGTON: If you keep it a secret you will regret it for the rest of your life.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM       
I thought that is what the thread title said itself...

"Hey I like you. Lets hook up."

"No way. You're like a brother to me"

"Please help guys. Where do I go from here"

A: Move on that is where.