Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM       
It's long, but it's not like RPG long. A couple hours should get you right back to the same spot.

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM       
It's not super long. It's well worth playing too.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Man Next Door
HappyHamster is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
I just fulfilled all the inane requirments to get the actual ending in Cave Story and the thing glitches the fuck up when I beat the core thingy.
Same thing happened to me several times...damn near broke the cat over this
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM       
Wow. I finally got past the core, and jesus broken glass is the secret area tough. And the ticking timer & constant shaking don't fucking help. This is the shit that causes Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. And no save before the final boss. This game went from Metroid to I Want To Be The Guy.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
I just started playing my roommate's Wii now that he's on vacation and I'm interested in downloading some classic games. Any suggestions?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM       
AIR ZONK
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM       
homebrew channel :P
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM       
God yeah, Homebrew. I put it off for the longest time, but it's the best thing I've done with my Wii in ages.

Most of isn't very practical (oh, Doom, cool I guess) but the sheer fact that you can download straight from their network is a huge plus for me. No more repeatedly swapping out the SD card!
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM       
wait, now can you search for and download virtual console and wiiware titles directly from the channel? that would be bitchin'
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM       
Volume 31 December 1991
Top 30

The NES is about to get bumped out of it's solo spot on the Top 30. Beginning next month, we will expand our coverage to list the Top 20 games for Game Boy, the NES and the Super NES.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. TMNT II: The Arcade Game
3. Final Fantasy
4. Battletoads
5. Crystalis
6. Dragon Warrior II
7. Mega Man III
8. The Simpons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants
9. Tetris
10. Super Mario Bros. 2
11. The Legend of Zelda
12. Startropics
13. Dr. Mario
14. Tecmo Bowl
15. Dragon Warrior
16. Wizardry
17. Destiny Of An Emperor
18. Mega Man II
19. Monopoly
20. The Little Mermaid
21. Bases Loaded II
22. Ultima: Quest Of The Avatar
23. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
24. Zelda II: Link's Adventure
25. Double Dragon III
26. Double Dragon II
27. Ninja Gaiden II
28. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
29. TMNT III: The Manhattan Project
30. Solstice
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 04:16 AM       
I remember that issue. That was the one where there was a mixup with the printers and half of the games from the top of the list were printed near the bottom. The one where it looked like Castlevania III was ranked lower than fucking Monopoly.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM       
(Continuing from the HAY GUYZ topic)

However;

http://www.destructoid.com/re5-produ...--115615.phtml

So it all depends on the developer and which they decide to support more.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2008, 12:35 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETu0vW5LgDg
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 07:24 PM       
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
The PS3 has sold 20 million systems while the 360 has sold 28 million. The 360 has had a 1 year head start and a cheaper price point.

Pretty impressive for the PS3 i think, and no the "wars" are not over, the ps3 could easily take over the 360 this year since the thing has NO GAMES. the 360 i mean, it has no games.

This is what the Xbots get this year, Halo Wars, Halo: ODST, oh and the 50 million dollar GTA IV DLC. And maybe Alan Wake but that shit isn't even exclusive.

Also, we know that the first killzone was mediocre, but if you read some previews or actually read some real peoples reviews about the multiplayer beta, they say how great is actually is and how it lives up to the hype and not just in graphics.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM       
You sound really insecure there...As if sales dictate how good hardware is. By that logic, Wii > Everything. Ha ha.

Stop trying to justify your purchase by dissing other consoles; justify your purchase by using the damn machine yourself. Every second you're defending it online is a second that isn't spent playing it, right?

These console arguments are just a continuation of the playground fights during recess. You know, the ones caused by mom and dad not buying both consoles. At some point, game enthusiasts put on their big boy pants and stop having stupid "lol xbot nintendrone i troll u" arguments and learn to enjoy everything for what they are.

Personally, I still can't justify buying a PS3, but someone might go halfsies with me. Actually, my family might be getting one too, which would give me some kind of incentive to visit them. If that doesn't pan out, I'm getting a 360, since their libraries are so fucking identical. PS3 has a few exclusives, 360 has a few, and that's it.

But they're all good, and before this generation is over, I'll definitely have all three.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Jan 7th, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
The PS3 has sold 20 million systems while the 360 has sold 28 million. The 360 has had a 1 year head start and a cheaper price point.
So... The 360 is outselling the PS3. Good point?

Quote:
Pretty impressive for the PS3 i think, and no the "wars" are not over, the ps3 could easily take over the 360 this year since the thing has NO GAMES. the 360 i mean, it has no games.
Keep in mind that you had to add "the 360, I mean" because no one would have assumed that's what you meant otherwise.

Quote:
This is what the Xbots get this year, Halo Wars, Halo: ODST, oh and the 50 million dollar GTA IV DLC. And maybe Alan Wake but that shit isn't even exclusive.
My friend, if you don't count games that were released on multiple platforms, the PS3 is going to be in a lot of trouble.

Quote:
Also, we know that the first killzone was mediocre, but if you read some previews or actually read some real peoples reviews about the multiplayer beta, they say how great is actually is and how it lives up to the hype and not just in graphics.
The point of a preview is to sell a game before it comes out. You'll rarely see a preview that isn't optimistic about a game, and when you do, the most negative thing you'll read is skepticism, rather than condemnation, of a forthcoming title.

And the people who participated in the Killzone beta were likely fans of the original, which should tell you a lot about their standards for video games.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM       
Really, kid, settle down. No one here is on board with your love of the PS3, and you're not changing anyone's mind either. The PS3 doesn't have enough exclusive games that don't totally suck to warrant buying one, so give it up already.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:41 PM       
FUCK YOU PLAYSTATION 3 OWNERS. YOU SUCK ASS.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM       
you know what's a troubling (but true) statement? the wii has the most exclusive titles
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM       
I don't find that surprising at all, though. Most of the games on the wii are gimmicky and put a lot of emphasis on the MOTION CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!! and that obviously doesn't translate to the other consoles.

Obviously, the games on the other consoles don't translate well to the wii for that same reason. If I were trying to decide which console I should get a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for, why the fuck would I pick the one that has slightly inferior graphics and shitty controls?

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM       
On a related note, there's talk that the Wii version of Dead Rising won't have nearly as many zombies on the screen at once due to hardware limitations. Bad controls, too, but I think that goes without saying at this point.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 05:15 PM       
BUT, the Wii has the "waggle".
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM       
Psh. You're all jealous because the 360 and PS3 don't have the earth-shattering fishing controls that Animal Crossing has.

The director of the new Dead Rising (I say that because he wasn't involved with the original) was interviewed on Gamasutra to talk about the game. The interview was basically:

Quote:
Q: So the Wii can't do this. How are you going to work around that?
A: We're compensating.

Q: Well, the Wii can't do that. What are you going to do about it?
A: We're doing something.

Q: You're probably gonna do something with the remote, right?
A: We want to make it easier to play for casual players.
It sounded like they're mindful of what needs to be done, but it didn't instill a lot of confidence. Anyways, you can check the whole interview here:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=21384

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM       
It says they've made the zombies faster. This could be interesting.