Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM        Inferno-16
Inferno-16

A spaceship approached the platform, and three huge mechanical legs emerged from the hull. As it set down, a metal tube extended from the docking area, and locked on to the spaceship’s airlock. Two people walked up the tube. One coming from the spaceship and one coming from the docking area. “I take it that you have the cargo?” the man said who was coming from the building and was dressed in a smudgy white lab coat. “Yes, they’re all here. Seventeen security droids, just new from the factory.” The other man said who was dressed in an officer’s uniform. “Captain! We’re having a problem with one of the droids! It’s woken up!” A voice said from a small communicator on the captain’s chest. “What? Damn! Try and disable it.” The captain sneered in return. “No need captain. We shut it off.” The voice said in return. The man in the lab coat shrugged his shoulders, turned around, and walked into the building again. Not very much later, a couple of other men came from the ship wearing military attire and carrying seventeen large boxes to the building. After they’d returned, the spaceship took off, and left the planet.
“Good, let’s see what they brought us.” The man in the lab coat said, rubbing his hands together and looking at the boxes. He nodded towards two guards and said that they should open the boxes. When the boxes were opened, the man in the coat stared at the contents and smiled. “Good, very good. Alright, let’s get them to their posts.” He said to the guards, who then took the robots which were stored in the boxes to various key points of the building. The man in the coat walked off, following a sign that read: Control chamber.
When he walked inside, he stood in front of a window, overlooking a pure white space, filled with glass tubes, all containing humans, aliens, cyborgs etcetera. He sat down behind a computer console and began typing. “Asking life sign data of all cryofrozen subjects.” He typed. “Processing data, please hold……..Data located. Life signs of all subjects are nominal.” He got in return from the computer. “Excellent.” The man said and smiled to himself.
Suddenly, an alarm cried, and the man was called over the intercom. “Professor Andrews! One of the new security robots has gone haywire! We’ve sent in all of the other robots to stop him, but he’s annihilated them all!” A voice said anxiously. “What? Stop him immediately!” the professor cried in return. “We are trying to do so professor, but he’s taking out my men one at a time! We’ve tried shooting him, but he found an armoured new shell! He’s taken control of it and is now running rampant over the entire docking bay area!” the voice cried, “He’s coming this way, and he’s…….” the voice said, and was cut short by a gunshot, and after that was nothing but static. “Very well, there is only one thing left to do.” The professor thought to himself.
He typed a command protocol into the computer terminal, stood up, and walked towards an elevator. He pushed a button, and the elevator went down. As the doors opened, he was in the room with the cryo-tubes. He walked towards a computer terminal, typed something on the keyboard, and yelled: “Computer! Search through the files of every fighter available in the Cryo-Hive, and pick out the four best fighters!” as he finished, the computer replied: “Affirmative…searching files…four matches found. Listing: Pinnicle, Rocky; Spectre, name unknown; Jester, name unknown; Buc, Chris. No more matches found.” And as soon as the computer finished, the voice of the computer changed, into a dead, metallic voice, unlike the loud, echoing voice it had before. “Andrews…I know what you’re up to…you will be eliminated.” The voice said. “Who is this? Speak to me!” the professor yelled in return. “Nemesis….the one you call S-13.” The voice replied. “The droid.” The professor mumbled, and walked over to the terminal again.
He typed in another few command codes, and seconds later, four glass tubes, all of them containing bodies, came down from the ceiling of the room. The tubes were put on robotic carriers, which transported them to a laboratory. There, the bodies were carried out of the tubes and placed in metal pods. “Lab Computer. Revive the four warriors ASAP! We don’t have any time to spare!” The professor said, and the pods closed, filed with water, and were shocked with electricity. “Good, now take the warriors to the implant room!” The professor continued. The pods were brought to a room filed with robotic arms with knives, syringes, bone-saws and various other operating equipment. The bodies were carried onto four stretchers, and the arms began operating on them. They were implanted with cybernetic enhancements, weapons, and other things.
A little later, the first person woke up. “Man, I fee like I’m seriously hung-over, only without the memory of puking all over my floor.” He said, bent over, and puked all over the laboratory floor. “Oh, wait, now I do.” “Good day, Mr. Spectre. How do you feel?” the professor said. “I feel like I’ve been brought back from the grave. And my head feels like I got bashed on it with a sledgehammer.” He replied. “Actually, you have been brought back from the dead. And the sledgehammer part is true too, because that’s how you died.” The professor said in return. “I have revived you, because I need your help. You cannot refuse this, because your life depends on it as well.” He continued. Suddenly, Jester woke up too. “Man, what did I drink last night? Diesel?” he said as he stood up. The others woke up after Jester got up from the stretcher. “Good, now you’re all awake, my name is professor Andrews. I am the head of the Inferno-16 facility.” The professor said. “What? What is this place?” Rocky Pinnicle asked. “This, Mr. Pinnicle, is Inferno-16. A government facility with the mission to find and cryofreeze the Solar System’s greatest warriors, and revive them if necessary.” The professor answered. “Now, it’s your job to stop a Robot who has run amuck and killed every guard in the station.” “You mean that we’re on our own against some robot? Why can’t we escape?” Chris asked. “Because this facility is based on one of the moons of Jupiter. There is no way of escape until we destroy the robot.” The professor replied. “We must now go; we don’t have much time left.”
The five people left the room, and went into the corridor. “OK, we’re gonna have to get outta here before the robot finds us.” Spectre said, and pointed towards an air vent. He jumped up and tried to grab it, but he didn’t get high enough. “Damn! I wish I could just shoot the bloody thing!” Spectre shaked his hand towards it and suddenly, the vent blew open. “Holy hell! The thing blew up!” He shouted, and looked at his arm, from which now a smoking barrel was sticking. “What the hell is this thing?” he asked. “Cybernetic enhancements. You’ve all been given them.” The professor said. “Now, jump as high as you can and go into the vent. Then, lift me up. We’ll have to get into the communications room, and from there, we’ll send an S.O.S. to the carrier that brought the robots here. It can’t be far away.” They all climbed into the vent. “Now, it’s this way and...” suddenly, a cold, dead voice could be heard from inside the vent. “Andrews…prepare for annihilation…all of you should.” The voice said. “Nemesis!” the professor cried. “Everybody, run!” but it was too late. From around the corner, metal clanging was heard, and a silhouette of a humanoid form became visible. The shape turned its head toward the five people, revealing two glowing, deep red eyes. Devoid of any life, and frightening enough that it could make the most fearless of men freeze in terror. “Jesus H. Christ! Shoot it!” Spectre shouted and fired a round at the droid, but it just ricocheted off of the droid’s armour. “Everybody,, run! I’ll cover you!” he shouted, and kept firing at the robot, who was completely ignoring the blasts. “Damn you to hell!” Spectre shouted, and stormed at the robot. “Take this!” he shouted, and tried to punch the droid, who easily avoided the punch. The droid swung its fist at Spectre-and hit him hard in the face. Then, it kicked him in the stomach, grabbed him by the head, and banged him into the wall. The robot then proceeded to follow the rest of the group.
Pinnicle hung from the ceiling and checked if the coast was clear. “Yep, all clear here.” He said, and climbed down. The others left followed. “Quickly doc, send the S.O.S. I think Spectre got creamed.” Chris said, looking around. The professor nodded and began typing on the console. “There, done. I’ve sent the S.O.S. to the ship.” “Good, now let’s get out of here!” Jester said. They climbed up the shaft again and began making their way to the docking area, until they heard the voice again. “Weak humans…you will not survive…you can’t escape.” It said, and the figure of Nemesis became visible again. “Quickly, everybody follow me!” the professor said, and they ran after him.
Suddenly, they stopped. “Why did we stop? “ Chris said, and looked around nervously. “This is the only place where we can take out Nemesis. This, gentlemen, is the reactor core of the station.” The professor replied, and pointed toward a light at the end of the shaft. They walked closer, and stopped at the edge of a ledge, and looked down. “Well, it’s really, big.” Pinnicle said, and looked around. “If we push Nemesis into the core, he will be de-atomized.” The professor said. “Pathetic! I will not be defeated.” A voice said, and everybody turned around. It was Nemesis. Calmly walking at them. His dead eyes fixed on the professor. Suddenly, a scream came from behind Nemesis, and he was thrown forward. “You didn’t think that you could get rid of me that easily now did you?” he yelled, and leapt towards nemesis again, who ducked this time, grabbed Spectre by the leg and banged him against the wall again. He stood up and began walking towards the four leftover warriors again. “Prepare…to die…weak flesh creatures.” He said. Chris jumped forward and kicked Nemesis, while Jester ran up to him and punched him in the face. Pinnicle leapt over them, and kicked him in the back. Spectre then stood up and deployed his arm mounted gun. He fired a shot right in Nemesis’ eye, which was pulverised. Nemesis shook off the others, kicking them away and deployed his own weapons, but he was thrown against the wall by Pinnicle and Jester. Chris ripped off one of Nemesis’ own weapons and shot the other eye into oblivion too. Now blinded, Nemesis let out a metallic roar, and began flailing his fists around wildly. He knocked out Jester, Chris, and Spectre, and now only Pinnicle was left. He stopped flailing around his arms, and stood still. “You will all be destroyed.” He said, and another voice coming from inside of him began to talk. “Self destruct mechanism activated. Detonation in: ten…nine…eight…” “Oh my god, he’s gonna blow us all up!” the professor shouted, and ducked. “Not if I can help it!” Pinnicle shouted, and he picked Nemesis up. He walked towards the ledge, slowly, because of the weight…five…one metre…three…”almost”…one… he threw the robot off of the ledge, and it detonated just twenty metres below. “Holy mother of God!” Pinnicle shouted, and jumped back. “We can go now! The robot’s destroyed! And…” “Inferno-16 station! This is the USA space-carrier Auriga; we are here to pick you up!” “And it’s about damn time you got here!” Spectre shouted with relief as he woke up. “I guess we can go home now! Woohoo!” Pinnicle yelled, and jumped up in the air.
A few minutes later, they sat in the passenger cabin of the Auriga, on their way to Earth.

The End.

this is a sci-fi story I had to do for school. tell me how you all like it.

davyjoneslocker is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 04:45 PM       
what a great story! i really enjoyed reading it! and it was well written. i like how you got right into the action but didn't spare interesting details in the process. did you ever add to it or make it part of a larger story? why did the robot become evil though? your dialogue was fun too.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
the robot became evil becasue you cannot trust technology to do everything for you. and, well, thanks for your support. I did for my school, but the maximum word count I could have was 800 words, and.....er......I went over it by...about....1238 words. so, I hav to edit it for school. this one, however, is just gonna stay this way.

oh, anyone who wants to know what Nemesis looks like, give me your e-mail address and I'll send you a pic.

Jester is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
I like it, especially since I was in it.
But I had one line, what's up with that?
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:46 AM       
hey Jeff.