Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM       
[quote="Zomboid"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
I'm not a big fan of the 3D Zelda games.

The only one Ive ever actually finished was LTTP when I was like 7
Well then you suck more than I thought because ocarina of time was fucking awesome.

I was never able to play OOT for any time longer than about an hour, its probably the only one I could stomach playing through because for actually buying the games it went LTTP - Wind Waker and that game bored the shit out of me to the point of abandoning the series.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 02:33 PM       
well it was probably less than 24 hours, jerk. DO YOU WANT TO RACE?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM       
Am I the only one that actually liked Wind Waker?

If I start thinking about shitty Zelda games the one that immediately comes to mind is Majora's Mask. It's a cool concept I guess, whatever, but the constant worrying about running out of time killed the game for me. And once I got to the moon and it turned out to be a meadow with a tree I was like fuck this

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 03:45 PM       
I thought WindWaker was great! Majora's mask had some good parts but alot of it was ridiculous logic.

Uh, so there's one of those stupid tears i have to get near Zora's Domain but I can't get to it because there is a stupid fucking rock in the way. It's on the left side of Zora's doman on what appears to be a little sliver of land. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS.

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM       
i liked majora's mask a lot more than wind waker. in fact, i would say wind waker is the worst one of the series that i have played. the sailing was only fun for so long but you could seriously pick a direction and leave for a while, come back, and still not be at your destination.

h8 u ww

majora's mask was about the same length gameplay wise i would guess. both of them had 4 dungeons if i recall, none of which stand out in my mind as astounding. (although the volcano dungeon in WW was cool)
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 04:53 PM       
Wind Waker is a fun game and at first had me really thinking it was going to be a masterpiece. It fell short, obviously, but it's still a very good game. It's just not all that great of a Zelda game.

Majora's Mask gets quite a bit of flak but I don't agree. It's a great, trippy addition to the series that doesn't take itself all that seriously while pushing the limits of what the N64 could do.

I would have to say that The Minish Cap is my worst favorite among the Zelda games released on Nintendo platforms.

....and it should only take 6 hours to beat LttP.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:18 PM       
I kinda figured that, tim, but I honestly couldn't remember how long it took me the last time and I didn't wanna sound arrogant and then try to do it and fail miserably...but yeah, once you've played through it a dozen times or so you pretty much remember how to do everything.

Kahl- you're on :O

Quote:
Uh, so there's one of those stupid tears i have to get near Zora's Domain but I can't get to it because there is a stupid fucking rock in the way. It's on the left side of Zora's doman on what appears to be a little sliver of land. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS.
Is it INSIDE zora's domain or actually outside of it? If it's inside there's a whole bunch of those leap things with midna that you have to do and at one point you can keep going up and to the right or just go left and to an exit leading out.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I would have to say that The Minish Cap is my worst favorite among the Zelda games released on Nintendo platforms.
Oh right. This one is absolutely forgettable, and I tried starting it a second time a few weeks ago and became completely bored.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
dipshed
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:30 PM       
Yeah Zomboid it was all the leaping stuff, thanks.

They weren't kidding about the game being huge, but I wish there wasn't so much empty space

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:51 PM       
Yeah no kidding. I'm only a little bit ahead of you (did that exact part you just finished and a bit more and that's it) but the game looks huge. After I got turned back into a human I went and explored and found...nothing. I remember there being lots of stuff to find in the fields in ocarina of time and majora's mask. I'm kinda disappointed so far.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM       
videogames don't have polish anymore :O AND NO IM noT TALKING ABOUT HOT DOGS
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 10:48 PM       
zomboid, try coming back to spots once you get the essential upgrades. hookshot, bombs, etc. im on the 6th temple now and i just finished snowpeak. i've always been a fan of snow levels and this one was great on the way DOWN the mountain on the way to the temple. however, the boss... gay
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM       
I'll have to find a rom or something.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Yeah no kidding. I'm only a little bit ahead of you (did that exact part you just finished and a bit more and that's it) but the game looks huge. After I got turned back into a human I went and explored and found...nothing. I remember there being lots of stuff to find in the fields in ocarina of time and majora's mask. I'm kinda disappointed so far.
There actually is a lot of stuff in the emptiness if you know what you're looking for. I found a Heart Piece sitting in the branches of a tree, and a lot of the gold bugs and poes are in the field.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 12:42 AM       
I just got the gamecube version of this. It's fun; I spent a good half-hour just fucking around in the village and hitting people with rocks. Then I got into the forest cave and it started kicking ass. The soundtrack is kind of annoying me at this point, though. Please tell me it gets better :<
dipshed
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 01:32 AM       
That Sacred Grove puzzle really did me in.

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 12:03 PM       
my favorite part of zelda: tp is the huge epic fights

it just feels so cool how these bosses are huge and u manage to bring them down....

bosses like the city in the sky boss or the lava boss..

they are all kind of easy though.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM       
I stared windwaker loving everything about it, until the sailing.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM       
I loved Wind Waker whenever I didn't have to sail. The plot was one of my favorites, although I wish you could have run around more of OMG real Hyrule instead of the stupid f*cking ocean.
dipshed
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 02:44 PM       
Wah Wah Wah, I'm sorry I said I liked it if it was going to make you nerds squawk the sailing shit like parrots

So I'm at Sun Temple, no wait, Arbiter's Grounds or w/e. Am I the only one who thinks that the first area (Orden) looked graphically brilliant and then it just starts petering off (like the desert which looks N64ish).

Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM       
I thought so too The desert seems like an afterthought compared to the rest of the game.
dipshed
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:25 PM       
The stallord boss was awesome Too bad the use of the spinner will be far and between for the rest of the game.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM       
I just crashed link to the past :<

When you're in the woods in the dark world, you stand where the mushroom is in light world and use the mirror. This part of the crash is on a lot of sites because there's a graphic glitch and the game still populates the world with dark world characters and haha and ok and yes. What you NEVER WANT TO DO is leave the screen and come back so that the mushroom will reappear, then try to go back in your portal, cause Link grabs the mushroom as you teleport away and holds it proudly aloft with a DUN NUN NUN NUUUUN for the rest of his natural life and there is nothing at all you can do about it

I had collected at least 5 pieces of heart since i last saved, too ;_;
The Wolf
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:54 AM       
I fucking love the spinner and the desert level.

Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 08:44 AM       
Omfg the fight with the dragon ;_;