Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:58 AM        P.J. O’Rourke rules....
source: http://www.boortz.com

I JUST LOVE THIS GUY

P.J. O’Rourke. One of a kind. This quote is from his review of Hitlary’s “Living History” book. If I could write like this you wouldn’t be listening to me on the radio today.

"...[i]t says something unflattering about our era that prominent political figures -- who used to write declarations of independence, preambles to constitutions, Gettysburg addresses, and such -- now use the alphabet only to make primitive artifacts, like the letter-inscribed tablet that Charlemagne is said to have put under his pillow each night, in the hope he'd wake up literate. Conservatives, including most of the Founding Fathers, have always worried that the price of a democratic system would be a mediocre nation. But George Washington and William F. Buckley Jr. put together could not have foreseen, in their gloomiest moments, the rise of Clinton-style über-mediocrity -- with its soaring commonplaces, its pumped trifling, its platinum-grade triviality. The Alpha-dork husband, the super-twerp wife, and the hyper-wonk vice president -- together with all their mega-weenie water carriers, such as vicious pit gerbil George Stephanopoulos and Eastern diamondback rattleworm Sidney Blumenthal -- spent eight years trying to make America nothing to brag about. They failed. And that is, ultimately, what makes 'Living History' such a good nonread. If they're going to throw the book at us, and the book is by Hillary, the republic will endure (and the Republicans will prevail)." --P.J. O'Rourke

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:06 AM       
If Clinton's Secret Evil Society failed at their nefarious scheme of sending the US into a downwards spiral of utter oblivion, I don't see why such a fuss must be made about it now, Mr. Boortz.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:09 AM       
Mr. Boortz didnt write that.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:18 AM       
ZING!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:33 PM       
I didn't say he did. But he picked and praised the quote. Now shoo, I'm talking to Boortz.