Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 03:16 AM        The Best Game Ever Made: Mr. Dinosaur's Day At The Office!
Automatically generated comment thread for The Best Game Ever Made: Mr. Dinosaur's Day At The Office!.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM       
oh dear

edit: i got 9/12 so far, i think i got points for

Spoilers!

can't remember what i got that other point from :/

Last edited by executioneer : Apr 1st, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
Commarade General
Commanderraf is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM       
2 out of 12?

Man... I suck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM       
u hav to be persistant and click everything on everything to get points
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:52 AM       
Fun like always.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM       
Where's the walkthrough??? 1/5
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM       
I exploded my pants.

12/5.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM       
I still suck at point and click games. I got as far as picking up the pencil.
OH GOD
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b View Post
I still suck at point and click games. I got as far as picking up the pencil.
did you try walking off the right side of the screen
Gix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 02:42 AM       
hate you
OH GOD
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 06:25 AM       
you'll have to be more specific, son
Im one good looking Troll
monster_movie_night is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 02:30 AM       
3/12 and executioneer why are you still playing this game?
OH GOD
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 03:09 AM       
uh i haven't played it since the day it came out? if you're wondering why i KEPT playing it, it was because points
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM       
since this is everyone's favorite game in the universe here's some i-mockery exclusive developer commentary

this game was coded over the course of 3 days, though we poked at it for about a week. for 3 weeks we didn't have any ideas. whenever i tried to think of something april fools related my mind automatically snapped to space invaders instead. i was really into space invaders in march.

the points were a last second afterthought that i added without mentioning. roger didn't actually see the final version before uploading it but i think he thought that he just didn't notice. or maybe he didn't care we didn't talk about it. it's equal to the number of medals you've unlocked and was there for people who didn't have newgrounds accounts to have something interesting to look at, though without knowing even a hint of what you were supposed to be doing to achieve them i figured a 12/12 would never happen. that's kind of a joke too i guess.

one of the medals was originally going to be to find the 3 shadowgate references that i added but we decided it was not something the average person would notice or care about.

the only artwork in the game that i created was the whiteboard drawing.

when opening the bathroom door the text reads "the bathroom room door is opened room." this was originally an error but i left it in there figuring noone would ever notice. i don't think anyone did i'm not sure.

the music that plays when you press start was intended to loop the entire time you were playing but it was so unbearable i couldn't test the game without shutting the music off. the looping was dropped before release.

the typo on the death screen was originally an actual typo, but when i questioned it roger decided to keep it to teach me a lesson in complacency.

i had a lot of trouble sleeping during the development period because i kept seeing fishhooks stabbing me whenever i closed my eyes.

here is a super walkthrough to get a perfect score and become the ultimate dinosaur.
Spoilers!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 04:53 AM       
Everybody should play this game at least once a day. That's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
this game was coded over the course of 3 days, though we poked at it for about a week. for 3 weeks we didn't have any ideas. whenever i tried to think of something april fools related my mind automatically snapped to space invaders instead. i was really into space invaders in march.
I remember that. I was so busy working on Abobo's Big Adventure, I didn't really have much time to just sit down and think about an April Fools' Day game, so when the deadline started approaching I just asked Mew if he'd be up for making some kind of crazy adventure game with me. From there, I came up with putting a dinosaur in an office and started drawing one screen at a time. I put random objects on the screens and once I had enough of them made, I created the "puzzles" that Mr. Dinosaur had to solve.

I always like when I get a chance to do projects like this - total stream of consciousness as opposed to having something planned out - because I never know where things are going, and I guess I find that kind of exciting. If nothing else, I've found that it ends up helping me create things that are unintentionally funny. I'm just glad there are cool people like Mew who are willing to work with me as I constantly add in new things to these lil' games.

Maybe we'll do a sequel to this game some day... I don't believe the final chapter in the amazing life of Mr. Dinosaur has been written.

Also, I still haven't beaten that 2-minute challenge. Damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
the only artwork in the game that i created was the whiteboard drawing.
And I still think that's the best artwork in the entire game.