Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 06:09 AM        Spider Night Fights
One of the perks of living in Okinawa is the interesting types of wildlife that make the jungle island it's home, most notably the spiders.

The other a good freind of mine was doing laundry in our dorm when he came across a large Huntsman spider crawling across the floor. He found a jar and captured it, keeping it in his room for the night. The next day we went to a pet store nearby and after talking to an employee who spoke fairly good english, he explained a bit about our new pet such as it's name, diet, habitat, etc. My freind decided to keep it as a pet so he bought a small cage and some crickets. We filled the cage with some sand and coral rocks from the beach. Our new freind Sheetarr the female Huntsman Spider now had a home.

Later we tossed a fat juicy cricket in the cage and within moments the non web spinning hunter sunk it's fangs in the cricket and began sucking the precious juices from within. It was as the NES game of the same name, "Totally Rad". Impressed with the Huntsman's prowress another freind of ours captured a large Orb Weaver Banana Spider which called the outside 2nd floor stairwell home.

With the Huntsman still feeding on the cricket (it didn't get rid of the damn thing untill sometime during the middle of the night), we threw the Banana Spider in the cage hoping the two would duke it out immediately. The Huntsman merely kicked his legs at the bewildered and confused Banana Spider everytime it ambled his way. The Huntsman was more concerned with it's freshly caught meal while the panicky Banana Spider was desperately trying to find a way out.

TAfter 20 minutes of poking and prodding the two beatss with a knife, we gave up and seperated them into their respective cages, with plans to have the two hungry spiders square off to the death on Friday Night.

Also, today at work I found another larger and more aggressive Banana Spider which will be facing the winner of the first fight. In the future, we hope to pit the Huntsman against two Banana Spiders and if it survives that round hopefully a Praying Mantis (i've found two in the past few weeks here).

Waldo the Banana Spider

Sheetarr the Huntsman

Cage Match

Running Away From Each Other

The Banana Spider Got Curious and Moved Close
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 08:32 AM       
For how long have you lived in Okinawa?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM       
9 months.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 09:44 AM       
Ugh. Why did I click knowing there would most likely be pictures of the goddamned things?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM       
Seems promising.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM       
For the friday night fight, my money's on the Banana spider! :o
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM       
You should Make a Poll .

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM       
Sheetarr is gonna kick the Banana Spider's thorax.

red8ge is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM       
There any more spiders or just the two?
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:03 PM       
There is now an additonal Banana Spider. Last night we threw both Banana Spiders into the Huntsman's cage but the Huntman chilled in the corner while the two Banana Spiders panickly tried to find a way out of the cage. Another freind of ours who's an entemoligist(sp?) for the Air Force said that we have to starve them for several more days before they will actually fight. Either way, the blood of arachnids will be shed.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:31 PM       
Do they have vinegaroons in Japan?

Edit: Nevermind, there are Asian Vinegaroons.

You shoulg get one of those and throw them in the cage. They'll tear anything to bits, I've seen it happen. If you do happen to find and catch one, be careful. They're dangerous.

I wouldn't worry about the one on the bottom, as it is a Mexican Whip Scorpion.

"Vinegaroons, or whip scorpions, are venomless arachnids that release an acetic acid substance when molested. This is the same type of acid as vinegar, hence the name. They do not bite, so please quit spreading this silly vicious rumor about a harmless, though somewhat frightening looking relative of spiders and scorpions." - Whatsthatbug.com

release an acetic acid substance when molested.

Best. Quote. Ever.
Fucking Finland
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM       
My money is on Sheetarr

Although, shouldn't it be Sheetarr the Huntswoman? :O
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 03:24 PM       
ewww man gross

my bet's on sheetarr because it looks a lot beefier. i also predict its cardio advantage is going to carry it through i mean it was caught jogging on the laundry room!
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM       
Starving living creatures to make them fight is wrong

GO BANANA
darnin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 08:45 PM       
I'm rooting for the mantis. It's cool.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM       
n/m
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM       
Throw a Preying Mantis in there. Or Something like that. And put in a Weak Insect, one that will most likely be killed in combat.

EDIT

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 10:31 PM       
U SUK.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM       
Tonight's the night! GO BANANA SPIDER GO!

Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:07 AM       
Sadly Spider Night Fights did not go down as planned on Friday. My entemology freind told me that these things most likely won't fight each other because they simply are not hungry. He said it would be best if we waited a few more days and gave it another shot. The plan is to have the battle go down on tuesday night, Japan time. I'll be taking plenty of pics as well as a short video of the winner gorging on the fallen opponent.
Fucking Finland
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 06:02 AM       
Is it possible for you to use the Mortal Kombat theme music in your video?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 11:55 AM       
I don't know about these spiders, but emily's spider went for an entire year without eating (it's a tarantula) and it was a-ok.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM       
i bet it ate, you just didn't see it
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 09:15 AM       
It's late Tuesday night and the first successful Spider Night Fights went off without a hitch.

Sheetarr, the brown Huntsman, waited hungrily on the side of the cage while we dumped the equally starved Waldo the Banana Spider into the arena. As you can see in the video, both stood motionless for a few moments and after a bit of prodding, the combatants locked their figurative horns. We prodded the Banana Spider with a knife, which it responded to the nudging by backing up into the perched Huntsman. The Huntsman dropped on top of it and the fight was on. After a brief entanglement which had both spiders on top of each other, it was Sheetarr who came out the victor. Sadly the Banana Spider didn't put up much of a fight at all. Within a few seconds, the Huntsman had the poor Banana Spider in it's pincers and was undoubtedly pumping loades of venom into the poor thing. Comfortable with it's kill, the Huntsman crabwalked (these things can walk sideways ) back onto the side of the cage.

Being the bloodlusting males that we are, my freinds and I decided to throw the second and fairly larger Banana Spider into the mix. My freind who was prodding the two fighters with the knife accidently knocked the Huntsman's freshly caught dinner out of it's pincers. This rattled the killer as it simply ran into the corner and everytime the new Banana Spider came near it scuttled away, probably because it was extremely pissed off by us fucking up it's meal.

In all fairness we didn't expect the Banana Spider to win. After all, it is an Orb Weaver and was very much out of it's element crawling around on the sand. But we did expect it to put up an actual fight as they are very worthy combatants while on their web.

After a few mins we seperated the two back to their appropriate cages. We took out the lifeless Waldo and threw him in the trash where he'll rest for all eternity.

The next Spider Night Fights will take place this Friday Japan time between Sheetarr and Scurvy the Banana Spider who are probably dealing with hunger pains. Who will come out on top?

Portrait of a Fallen Soldier

Waldo's lookin' a little dead there

Here's the video of the fight complete with crappy compression and even crappier audio quality. And no, that is not me that you see wielding the knife. It's a freind who as you can see, is enjoying the slaughter a little too much.
http://www.projectpangea.com/spidernightfights.wmv
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM       
Fuck.