Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 10:44 PM       
Yeah, it ruled.

And he says "GET DOWN!" twice.

talk to the hand
Jebus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 11:29 PM       
SOMEWHAT SPOILERS AHEAD:

Did any of you notice all the lines that they used to fill in plot holes. The one where the chick is like "hey look, a plane, it's the one I train on." or the "my mom died of leukemia." And the line that bothered me the most "They look like blast doors" "HEY, I THINK THIS GIANT CONTROL PANEL NEXT TO THE DOORS MIGHT DO SOMETHING."
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 03:44 PM       
You're an idiot.

Otomite is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 05:51 PM       
I thought the ending sucked, but hey, it sets up for another movie, HOPEFULLY IN THE DAMN FUTURE. I want to see some damn battles in the post-armageddon world.

Anyway, I still think Terminator 2 is the best one of all.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 10:19 PM       
I'm wondering what exactly about the ending left people with a bitter taste in their mouths? Personally, I thought the ending was the best part, and it was the best ending of the three films, in my opinion.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
it was the best ending of the three films, in my opinion.
I haven't seen it, but are you kidding? How can anything be better than the ending of t2?

That was very funny. Well done.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
And just what was so spectacular about that ending?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM       
If you don't get it, you don't get it. Maybe listening to the voice over at the very end would help you appreciate it a bit more?

The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:49 PM       
No, I "get" it.

Too bad Terminator 3 completely negated it in the most awesome way.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:59 PM       
WTF. The ending voice-over to T2 sucked. It's always bad when they try to attach some deep meaning to an action film.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
When I think of the "ending" of T2, all I think of is Linda Hamilton kicking ass with a shotgun and Arnold being lowered into the fire pit. So yeah, the "ending" of T2 absolutely ruled as far as I'm concerned.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM        Linda Hamilton
[center:f836c76498]

- But she ain't in T3 though![/center:f836c76498]
The Wolf
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
WTF. The ending voice-over to T2 sucked. It's always bad when they try to attach some deep meaning to an action film.
Ok, but it wasn't just and action movie. If you're someone who sits and gets excited when he sees something blow up and that's all you got out of it, fine, but I liked how he was almost more than a machine.

The Wolf
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 02:37 AM       
Ok, I saw it and wasn't really disappointed because I didn't have high expectations anyway. It was decent but nowhere near as good as 1 or 2. Arnold had way too much "funny" sh*t to say so he came off as unintimidating and was a lot better in t2 (I'm not mentioning 1 cause they're so different but he played both really well). The tx kinda sucked cause the only thing she had going for her was the ruthlessness. Even that's just something ahnuld pulled off better in the first one. She looked like she was trying too hard to be like robert patrick in t2. The new john was ok but it didn't seem right. Claire danes was pretty good though.

The ending was pretty good I guess but still not as good as the ending of 2 . The action scenes kicked ass and were almost as good as t2's (and that's saying something). Meh...I'm tired so no more commenting tonight.

Edit: And the kick ass soundtracks of the first two are ignored for it and instead there's plain shit.

The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 12:08 PM       
I disagree completely about the ending. I feel that the bleak ending of T3 is far superior to the hopeful ending of the 2nd one.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 01:31 PM       
do u think theres gonna be a sequal to this one? cuz if there is itll be completely different from the others due to the lack of the human population

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:25 PM       
The ending was great, and it sets up a 4th movie perfectly. And yes the 4th movie will be very different as it will hopefully not involve time travel. Also maybe john conner will actually be badass in the 4th.

spoilers

The best action part was when Arnold attaches the crane's hook into the sewer grate and it fucking rips the thing in half and flips it. Fucking awesome scene.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
HaHA! I've been at an Entertainments conference just outside London and I got to see this movie on Thursday at a special preview screening. I mean, they searched us to make sure no-one had any cameras, phones or what have you. Three weeks before the rest of Britain gets it. I feel so special.

In one word:

Appalling .

Oh sure, the CGI was cool and sequences like the crane were breathtaking, but there were far, far too many unforgettable errors, horrble dalogue and other grating problems that just had me with my head in my hands.
I've been writing a review for the site already, so here's a few extracts:

Ok, first gripe:
There's no music. Seriously. The opening credits (after about half a dozen producer logos) are devoid of any interest whatsoever. T1 had the cool, metallic percussive melodies as the names of the actors and crew were typed out like on the Terminator's HUD, and T2 Had the awesomly powerful scenes of burning playground swings and the like, with the equally powerful T2 Theme. T3? The credits flash up, and that's it. I'm serious!
And it gets worse! There's no music during the film save for a few Lord of the Rings-esque Orchestral hits for "atmosphere" but even that fails miserably. T1 had the cool 80's synth and T2 had the heavier scores, but T3? NOTHING. No pumping soundtrack in the chases, or the fights, or anything. What the hell is going on?
But the biggest crime music wise, without a doubt, is the character's individual scores. These help set the mood and identify with the chracter, an absolite key necessity in a film like this. T1 - Arnie got that metallic percussion beat, and Reese had the synthy melody, both of which worked extremely well. T2 took it heavier, as Arnie got a similar metallic tune but with hints of a sort of mechanical breathing like some artificial beast of steel. T-1000 was even better, that sinister droning tone that put the fear of God into the viewer. T3? NOTHING. What the Hell is going ON? Can you believe that you don't even hear the Terminator theme UNTIL THE CLOSING CREDITS!!?!?!?

Gripe number 2:
T1 and 2 was arranged as a series of set pieces. To begin with the two time travelling protagonists work to find the target "Just a matter of which one got to him first" as it were. T1 then has the disco shoot out and car chase, then the cop station shoot out, the motel bit followed by the finale. And you know, when Arnie gets his skin burned off that this really is the last few moments of the film. T2 had the mall fight and subsequent Kenworth truck Vs Honda Dirtbike chase, the mental hospital, Cyberdyne and then the finale with the weakened T-1000. T3? Much harder to clarify. There's the traditional stalking section, a fight, "that" scene with the crane, some random chases/shootouts, then a scene with the creation of skynet. There's no real finale to speak of - even the killing of the Terminators is done very "matter of fact-ly." It's terrible and nothing short of an anti-climx, which for a blockbusting, CGI laden action fest is a very, very stupid idea indeed.

Yeah, nit picking indeed, but that's exactly what I felt.

How did those remote controlled cars manage to push the gas pedal or pull handbrake turns? Why didn't the blast door crush Arnie? How did T-X escape the magnetic core? And most importantly of all, if Skynet is now on the internet (Wargames?), why doesn't everyone just turn of their computers? And equally, nuking the world will just destroy all the computers around the globe, thus killing Skynet.

And so on. And so on. People, we need to fucking boycott sequals like this so Hollywood can shape up and bring us some quality entertainment.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:50 PM       
Spoilers:

BlackJack, I really don't care about music, so I won't comment on that.

Quote:
How did those remote controlled cars manage to push the gas pedal or pull handbrake turns?
Suspension of disbelief. Or maybe they had that much electronic equipment in them.

Quote:
Why didn't the blast door crush Arnie?
Two thoughts on this.

a) the small nuke blast blew up the door.

b) All we saw was his skull at the end, so who says the rest of him wasn't crushed?

Quote:
How did T-X escape the magnetic core?
She cut through it and disconnected it.

Quote:
And most importantly of all, if Skynet is now on the internet (Wargames?), why doesn't everyone just turn of their computers?
No one except the people who were on the base (all dead) knew what was happening.

Quote:
And equally, nuking the world will just destroy all the computers around the globe, thus killing Skynet.
Not if Skynet inffected computers burried inside mountains, like NORAD Central Command in Colorado Springs, or computers outside the EMP of the blasts.

Quote:
People, we need to fucking boycott sequals like this so Hollywood can shape up and bring us some quality entertainment.
That way, we can get more overhyped, pretensious, pointless drivel like Matrix: Reloaded.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
Spoilers aside, can anybody give me a good reason to see the film? Because the trailers are showing a naked Arnold beating up a stripper to get his gear and with him putting on those star glasses just about make me lose my freaking lunch. No wonder Cameron decided to take his money and run. Jesus Christ.
Mocker
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Unlike the Matrix Reloaded, in which anything remotly physical was done by cgi, T3 actually made the actors and doubles do real stunts. The action sequences look much tighter. And it has just as little plot without the pretension.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 01:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Unlike the Matrix Reloaded, in which anything remotly physical was done by cgi
Not.

And for the record, Carrie Ann Moss did the motorcycle scene herself. It was neither CG nor a stunt double. Same for the Keymaker.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 02:15 PM       
Oi, Mr Blanco:

Remember T1, Arnie gets crushed by a piddling little hyraulic press? I think a huge military blast door is going to weighmore and have more powerful motors which would crush even Arnie, doncha think?

My point about the T-X in the core is that it was never explained how she escaped proper. A T-X vs Arnie helicopter chase would have ruled too. But no, they opted out of that one.

And I still think having Skynet as a global network is a stupid idea. In T1 Reese mentions "Their Defence Grid was smashed" implying a central computer. And T2 "In a panic, they try to pull the plug."

So there. I can be a bigger Terminator nerd than any of you!
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
the chojin says:
um, they did try to pull the plug.

maybe the screener you saw was just that, a screener, and was missing stuff. because it shows you exactly how TX gets off the magnet.
Mocker
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
And I still think having Skynet as a global network is a stupid idea. In T1 Reese mentions "Their Defence Grid was smashed" implying a central computer. And T2 "In a panic, they try to pull the plug."
SkyNet could have built itself a central command center in the future.

As for the "pull the plug" line, it could have been just an expression. It could mean they tried to execute a delete command.

Also, that company from T2(TeleDyn?) built the original SkyNet. Maybe after it's destruction, the military decided to go with an all software version and still call it SkyNet.

Quote:
A T-X vs Arnie helicopter chase would have ruled too. But no, they opted out of that one.
Maybe they didn't want to use cgi as a crutch like Reloaded did. You know, actually make an action movie.

Quote:
And for the record, Carrie Ann Moss did the motorcycle scene herself. It was neither CG nor a stunt double. Same for the Keymaker.
Wow. She rode a motorcycle for 2 minutes. That sequence still looked like a cartoon. It is a shame, because I think the first one is great, and that sequel fell well short.