Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapportioner
That thing on her nose is sickening.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM       
I for one would also like to see this happen more often. Preferably when Ronnie is around and gets mistaken for a particularly militant war protestor.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
I guess those people just had to learn the hard way not to attack police and break the law.

Did you know that they were also trying to stop shipments that were going to our troops over seas?

That got just what they deserved.....and I hope we see more of it.
Ronnie, you make me fucking sick. Did it say ANYWHERE that those protesters attacked police? You dumb fuck.
Even if the protestors had attacked, the use of rubber bullets isn't supposed to occur unless it the situation really gets bad.
You are a fucking idiot Ronnie.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM       
I guess that's the kind of attitude a "good Christian" would have.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM       
"I hope to see more of it"

That's the part that really gets me, Nalds, the active desire on your part to see authority physically punish the people who disagree with them. Do you enjoy looking at those pictures? Do you "Hope" to see more of them? And you dare think I want American soldiers to die.

Find me anything in the teachings of Jesus (I hear he's a really great ploitical philosipher) that suports your desire to see more.

Jesus, a man who willingly allowed himself to be crucified for his opposition to authority and who's civil disobedience often crossed lthe legal boundaries of his time, would be ashamed of you.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 06:51 AM       
HAHAHA!

You people are falling apart because it's so evident that you were wrong about the war and that things are going well for the administration and even better...the country.

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Storie...310008,00.html

This article states that rocks were being thrown at the officers and foxnews reported that "chunks of concrete" were being thrown at the police.

What do you expect when you attack police officers?
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM       
Did you jerk off when you looked at those pictures, Ronnie?
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:46 AM       
wOw! Great response.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:16 AM       
How manythrew rocks, Ronnie?? 1? 5? 10??? Isanybody other than the police verifying this?? Anybody other than garbage Fox News???

What the article however DOES clearly show is that the police had political motives to use such force. That's great.

You are inhuman.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:44 AM       
I give our good women and men in unifrom who are out their every day enforcing the law and cleaning up the streets the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise........not vice versa.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:53 AM       
Oh, so you believe that the cops are always right, and their suspects are guilty until proven innocent, hmmm? I believe the 8th and 14th amendments provide for Due Process and Equal Protection Under the Law, respectively.

So obviously you hate those, and therefore you hate what Amercia stands for.
________
MEXICO CITY HOTEL

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
I've never seen anyone try so hard and yet fail to connect the dots.

It's pretty obvious that they were breaking the law. Are you saying that they were not?

If so, then you will be disagreeing with the protesters themselves.

I agree that they should have their day in court. I'd hate for them not to be prosecuted for breaking the law. I hope the judge throws the book at them.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
Quote:
I'd hate for them not to be prosecuted for breaking the law. I hope the judge throws the book at them.
Why, that sounds an awful lot like judging someone before they are given the fair and speedy trial to which they are entitled. Which shows your hatred of two Constitutional Amendments, and therefore America itself.

How do you sleep at night, being so un-American?
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM       
many protests are easily wrecked by a few people against the protesers getting into the group and throwing things.. even the police have been known to have officers dressed to look like protestors and starting a riot.

its pretty scary that the patriot act and homeland security have put aside due process by declaring anyone gathering to oppose profit as economic terrorists, thereby giving up thier rights.
all it takes is one rock thrown for the police to start firing into the the crowd and causing mayhem for anyone present.

as far as paid protesters goes, ive read that the clear channel group is the largest funder of pro-war rallies, the anti-war rallies are grassroots groups with virtually no money.. they organize a rally and try to get the word out with almost no money and the clearchannel groups organize an opposing rally then blitz the papers and tv with paid advertising to make it look like the anti-war folks are just gathering in response to pro-war/pro-troops folks. big money wins the media battle too often
Queen of the Beasts
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:38 PM       
Quote:
It's pretty obvious that they were breaking the law. Are you saying that they were not?
Of course they were. But it doesn't justify excessive use of force.
Do you know what excessive use of force is? Its quiz time Ronnie.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:42 PM       
Uhhh. I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not a judge.

I do have a right however to voice my opinion.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Why, that sounds an awful lot like judging someone before they are given the fair and speedy trial to which they are entitled. Which shows your hatred of two Constitutional Amendments, and therefore America itself.
Not only that, Spad, but judging people like that sounds awfully un-Christian to me as well. Hrmm....

And Ronnie, you keep saying that "we" were "wrong about the war". In what way were we wrong about the war?

I am against the war. I don't care if Saddam is sitting on the biggest nuke ever made, I think the situation could have been handled differently. So I am personally against it. I support our troops, but not the government that put them there. I'm not saying that there won't be any good to come from the resolution, it's certainly possible. I'd just prefer we handled ourselves a little better in the diplomatic arena before any of this stuff got out of hand.

So in what way am I "wrong" about the war? I am certain you won't answer me, but I'll ask anyway.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:05 PM       
Well, that's easy.

You people were saying that it was going to be like another Vietman. Vietnam lasted 10 years. .... .this war lasted 20 days....

You people said terrorist attackes were going to happen after we went into Iraq....they didn't.

You said there would be thousands upon thousands of Americans casualties.....you were way off.

You people said that there would be 10's of thousands of Iraqi civilians dead........again, way off.

You said we were only in it for the oil........this is proven to be a lazy and a bit off target.

You people said that the Turks were going to invade from the North.......they didn't.

....and there is more to come.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:06 PM       
"I hope to see more of this"
-Naldo.

I find that a repulsive response to seeing that picture, devoid of the most basic human compassion. Whatever took place, viewing those wounds and responding that you 'hope to see more' refelcts fairly poorly on you as a human being, especially one who claims a relationship with Jesus. You're response?

"HAHAHA!

You people are falling apart because it's so evident that you were wrong about the war and that things are going well for the administration and even better...the country. "
-Naldo

I promise you my current reaction has nothing whatever to do with this war or any. It is a deep seated revulsion at your reaction to those wounds. I assume when you look at the corpses of Iraqi Soldiers you are unmoved, you hope to see more of that as well. The fact they had parents, children, the hopes and dreams one assumes even you have is utterly irelivant. You hope to see more. If they'd killed the girl in the photo, and rubber bullets can and do kill, would you hope to see more, or do those welts slake your thirst?

Here's where we differ. I am capable of looking at those wounds and thinking of how painful they must be. All you see in her and in me is the War. IF she threw rocks at the police, if anyone did, that's very, very bad. But it changes nothing about the quality her pain. Jesus gave every indication the suffering of the guilty mattered to him. Did he say of the woman taken in adultery, "Hey, no stoning, she didn't do it!" ? You give every indication the suffering of the guilty is pleasurable to you. You hope to see more.

And Sspad is right. Your asumption of guilt instead of an embrace of our judicial system which assumes innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law, is a crystal clear indication that you hate at least one thing America Stands for.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
"I hope to see more of it"

Jesus, a man who willingly allowed himself to be crucified for his opposition to authority and who's civil disobedience often crossed lthe legal boundaries of his time, would be ashamed of you.
If Jesus never lived and Socrates was the new martyr for those principles, would there be a new religion with the morter and pestel as it's symbol ... hmmm ... Just thinking out loud ... Carry on.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
Quote:
Uhhh. I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not a judge.

I do have a right however to voice my opinion.
So I take it you don't know? I'm not suprised. Well Ronnie, "excessive use of force" is when police officers use much more force than is actually neccessary to do the job.

And yes, you do have the right to voice your opinion, regardless of how ignorant it is. I am not trying to deny you that.

Quote:
You people were saying that it was going to be like another Vietman. Vietnam lasted 10 years. .... .this war lasted 20 days....
The war isn't over yet. What about Tikrit?
You know Ronnie, as much as I disagree with you, I really hope that you are right about how this war will turn out. I really hope that my fears turn out to have been totally groundless. But I doubt that they will be.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:05 PM       
Quote:
Well, that's easy.
I never said that. And this war is not over yet. Mostly over, I'll grant you that, but as long as there are still casualties mounting on both sides it matters a great deal to me.

Quote:
You people said terrorist attackes were going to happen after we went into Iraq....they didn't.
Once again I see you are looking in your crystal ball and divining the future. If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow and all days beyond it take place AFTER WE WENT INTO IRAQ. I still fear that there will be terror attacks that result from this. It took nearly a DECADE for September 11th to happen and you're saying that because it's been two weeks we're in the clear?? Are you that fucking naive?

Quote:
You said there would be thousands upon thousands of Americans casualties.....you were way off.
Nope, never said that. Liar. This one you attributed to me, not just "you people". I'll grant that you probably left off the "people" accidentally, but I don't belong to some group where I simply parrot everything they want me to. That would be what you're doing. I lament the fact that there were ANY American casualties, but before you get all upset, it's not a reaction born of shock and surprise. Yes, I do realize that people die in wars. That doesn't make it suck any less however.

Quote:
You people said that there would be 10's of thousands of Iraqi civilians dead........again, way off.
Once again, I never said that. Here's a question though. How many thousands have to die before you give a crap about them?

Quote:
You said we were only in it for the oil........this is proven to be a lazy and a bit off target.
I'll grant you that this is the closest one to being true. I never said we were ONLY in it for the oil, but I came damn close to saying it. I don't think the reasoning behind our going in there was so simple, there were a lot of factors playing into the decision. But if you don't think the oil had a LOT to do with it, I would question your intelligence.

Quote:
You people said that the Turks were going to invade from the North.......they didn't.
....and there is more to come.
I never said that one either. But it could still happen.

So we're back to square one again. I want to hear about how I, PROTOCLOWN, AM PERSONALLY WRONG about this war. Don't tell me about how the Democrats are wrong (I'm not one), don't tell me about how the liberals are wrong, don't tell me about how "you people" are wrong. My views cannot be so easily categorized.

I want to know how I am wrong about the war. Which you have yet to tell me.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:49 PM       
Let's hope he does a better job than demonstrating I hate what America Stands For.

Or deciding wether he or W are wrong about Jesus being a Political Philosipher.

Or admitting it was stupid to post that "Smoking WMD" article so fast and that he was wrong to emotionally invest in it or that he posted the article for a reason.

Or facing the fact that his "I hope to see more of this" moment was shaefully ugly, base and SO far from any Christian morality he might as well call himslef a Friggin' Zoroastrian for all the sense it would make.

Or admitting that I have lots of reason to dislike him that are way ahead of some sort of "My Team Lost" sour grapes inanity he thinks I think about the War (Which is the only way he's able to think of it)

Or posting that stupid ass nonexistant submarine letter.

Oh, wait, that's the other objectionable sub human.

Get it? 'Sub' human?
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM       
It made me laugh when you called him Namor
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:26 AM       
"Let's hope he does a better job than demonstrating I hate what America Stands For."

Free speech.

"Or deciding wether he or W are wrong about Jesus being a Political Philosipher."

Where is the transcript where Bush said that. The sources you gave contradicted each other.

"Or admitting it was stupid to post that "Smoking WMD" article so fast and that he was wrong to emotionally invest in it or that he posted the article for a reason."

I didn't write the article. Not my words.

"Or facing the fact that his "I hope to see more of this" moment was shaefully ugly, base and SO far from any Christian morality he might as well call himslef a Friggin' Zoroastrian for all the sense it would make."

Sorry Max, Justice is a good thing and I hope to see more. I'm sorry you disagree but I'm not surprised.

"Or admitting that I have lots of reason to dislike him that are way ahead of some sort of "My Team Lost" sour grapes inanity he thinks I think about the War (Which is the only way he's able to think of it)"

I'm only going by your own words.

"Or posting that stupid ass nonexistant submarine letter."\

I don't know what you're talking about.