Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 03:10 AM        Scalp-related troubles (baldness arising)
Allrighty folks, this is the deal: i'm going bald. Or balding, if you will. I'm also twenty years old. Isn't this just grand? For the record, almost none of my relatives either from my mother's or father's side are naturally bald. Is there a demon in my head eating all my hair? Is god punishing me for the sins i've done? Do i have a poor blood circulation in my scalp or something?

Feel obliged to sympathize, insult, ignore or share your own baldness related thoughts in this thread.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 06:32 AM       
didn't you see the little disclaimer at the top of the forums

it says "caution, may cause hair loss and infertility"

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 06:58 AM       
Well, if baldness doesn't run in the family, it could be caused by some disease. :/
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 07:24 AM       
My hairloss is stress related.

When it started at 18 I got very upset & canvassed my family for the genetic markers but didn't find any.

Oddly I have been here since I was 18.

I haven't had any fertility tests, but that is probably gone now too.
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 07:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
Well, if baldness doesn't run in the family, it could be caused by some disease. :/
Oh god, i hope it's not butt-disease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
My hairloss is stress related.
Well, that could be the case with me too, since i've been pretty damn stressed for about two years now, previously due to my studies and now my work. Plus i'm currently (as in a year and a half now) trying to get into various schools, very fruitlessly i might add.

As for the fertility, i think it's long gone. Too many hits and kicks in the groin back in high school. Great times.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 08:01 AM       
I'm less worried now about my hair than my teeth. Baldness is easy to bare when taunted by near-constant dreams about slowly becoming toothless. Doopa used to have, she may still have but it's been a while, a picture on Strangepuppets that I found particularly evocative.

Try & remember it could be worse.

When I was seven to 14 I used to encourage people to kick me in the balls as I was convinced I would never want children, that haunts me.

I just checked, & www.strangepuppets.com doesn't have that picture anymore, which is a shame because I can't think of a piece she has done that I haven't liked. PM me when I'm sober & I'll see if I can find it.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 11:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrva View Post
Oh god, i hope it's not butt-disease!
oh man lol

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM       
My ex-husband was bald at 19. I still make fun of him for getting pink yarn hair extensions to cover it. Yes I said pink yarn. It looked hideous.Thank god he did that after I left his ass.
Don't forget that genes can skip around generations, even if no one in your family on either side is bald it may be a recessive gene!

Don't worry about fertility, there are too many snot-nosed poop machines already. I personally am refusing to breed.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:34 PM       
If only idiots breed then all semblance of knowledge is doomed. DOOMED!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM       
Agreed, neen. I need some intelligent ladies up in here! :mocketry
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 12:56 PM       
I got a vasectomy, no kids for me. I can always buy one if I want one so badly.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM       
vasectomy? rar... why?

I can think of so many reasons, but which one do you pick?
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM       
Bear in mind I'm four years younger than you, and I'm balding.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM       
How many Bears younger than who?
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintrude View Post
Bear in mind I'm four years younger than you, and I'm balding.
Ouch. I probably would've played the yo-yo game with my neck if i'd been balding four years ago.

And speaking of idiots breeding, you all should check out Idiocracy by Mike Judge. He totally nailed that one. Too bad it didn't do well due to crappy advertising. Damn hollywood ruining everything that is good.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 02:44 PM       
I started balding at 18. It got really bad by 22, so I just shaved it all off and have kept it that way since.

Science Time: The genetic recipe for male-pattern baldness comes from the mother's side. Look to her brothers and father for answers there. Otherwise just chalk it up to high testosterone levels.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM       
That sucks. My uncle is bald and I think my grandpa was balding too. I have a full head of hair still though. It doesn't even look like it's thinning.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by argonath View Post
Science Time: The genetic recipe for male-pattern baldness comes from the mother's side. Look to her brothers and father for answers there. Otherwise just chalk it up to high testosterone levels.
I have to play the waiting game here. My mom has no brothers and her dad died when he was 27. I don't think he was balding at the time though.

Without my luxurious locks I'm nobody

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 03:11 PM       
I'm just getting white hair from stress. I hope I go all white and get to play in martial arts films one day.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM       
I started thinning on top a couple years ago, but it hasn't gotten any worse since then. I got so depressed about it once that I shaved my head, and it looked great, but Emily hated it and I had to grow my hair out again.

And it grew back thicker, and now it's thinning again.
Vanhelm13 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM       
I'm 15 and have the beginnings of a receding hairline.
And my hair is really thin.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM       
Wow, I didn't realize so many people start to go bald at such an early age. Well, I think I'm safe, seeing as I don't have any bald/balding realtives, and even my grandpa still has a full head of hair at 80. Unless I pull the ass-card like terrva here and go bald anyway. Well, I can only hope, I guess.
He speaks truth!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM       
Everyone else in my family except for my dad has a full head of hair, so I don't know why I'm thinning ;<
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
except for my dad
there's your answer
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrva View Post
Allrighty folks, this is the deal: i'm going bald. Or balding, if you will. I'm also twenty years old. Isn't this just grand? For the record, almost none of my relatives either from my mother's or father's side are naturally bald. Is there a demon in my head eating all my hair? Is god punishing me for the sins i've done? Do i have a poor blood circulation in my scalp or something?

Feel obliged to sympathize, insult, ignore or share your own baldness related thoughts in this thread.
you think you got it bad? kid at my school. IS naturally bald at sixteen. don't know why.