Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM       
I think that the motion control thing is kinda barking up the wrong tree. As Phoenix said, everyone who wanted motion controls already has a Wii. Why would they invest hundreds of dollars just to see different interpretations with better graphics? It's kind of a hard sell.

3D is the worst marketable idea that these companies have had in a good while. Most people still don't even have HDTVs, much less 3DTVs which cost more, require stupid glasses, give you eye strain and require a source of 3D programming (a 3D blu-ray player or 3D cable service, HD video game console). Who the fuck are they marketing to in the worst economic situation since the Great Depression?
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
A big part of me wants Kinect and Move to fail just so companies will abandon the motion control fad and move onto something else. Same goes for all the 3D stuff.
This I shall quote for truth. In two languages even, itīs just TOO true.
Zitiert, weil es wahr ist!

The whole wagglestuff gets on my nerve. Up till now the whole concept was kept in check through the Wii, but nooooo now we all need that shit right? Same goes for 3D.

Thereīs only one thing we need: Good games. And those donīt require me to flail my arms about like some kind of fucking windmill.

Iīll get some tea now, Iīm ill and Iīm playing japanese brawl-RPGs here, leave me alone with your fancy motion-stuff
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:07 PM       
Spent most of the last month in hospital waiting rooms for various family and friends. None of the hospitals had wifi.

So I finally bought a DSi and have been playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
It's the closest thing to a sequel for Mario RPG that I've seen. It's great!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 09:01 PM       
Waiting for my Beta key for Final Fantasy XVI sometime in the next hour. I'm not even sure why I wanna play the damn game; I had a trial to FFXI and got bored of it before it was up. And besides that I haven't touched an MMO since Ragnarok Online back when I was like...15?

At least everyone else will be as inept at the game as I am from the get-go.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM       
is that beta for pc?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM       
Yup. It just went up, except the servers had a heart attack and I'm still waiting to get to the application page that lets me get my code

drifting in the void
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM       
Ha, I´d like to know if the game´s as boring as 11 back then. Or more super-tedious and the controls sucked ass.
has a woody
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM       
I dunno. I'm MMO illiterate

I did one quest by myself though! Except the names are all weird because it's FinalfuckingFantasy so I dunno if I'm accepting a quest or an item accepting a quest.

My guy looks like Balthier though :D

You guys should join too so someone can babysit me.

drifting in the void
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:34 AM       
I would but neither do I have the beta nor do I have a PC that can cope with anything that is not a browser or some game from 1995 :D

My normal PCs still busted and until I find work, there won´t be enough money around to buy a new one...
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:04 AM       
That sucks Ox. I got to play the demo of Dead Rising 2 and I was pretty impressed. I like that your goal in killing zombies isn't being a selfish dick anymore. Otherwise, the new expanded gameplay is pretty cool. I love the weapon combination idea.
has a woody
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:14 AM       
Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM       
I've been waiting for FF XIV for a while. Spent way too much time on FF XI. Know this might sound dumb but the storyline for FF XI is actually really good. It just took FOREVER to get to.

Played the demo for Shank and Dead Rising 2. The dead rising 2 camera angle is still bad. Weapon combination is cool. I understand that everything shouldn't be combined but saw blade + power drill should have.

Shank felt like Castle Crashers but with more blood.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.
I tried to sign up for it but the server was down. If I ever make it Ill let you know. Maybe we can crack some skulls.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:50 AM       
Oh hey, a question about Dead Rising 2: Concerning the aiming when using a gun...is it still digital like in the first one? That was pretty stupid back then and it still is now. Aiming´s gotta be analogue (I don´t even know if you say it like that in english, but I´m sure you know what I mean)
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:54 PM       
Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM       
Analogue aiming. I gunned the football at a zombie.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.

What I mean when I say "digital aiming" is that it moves like...letīs see...before there were analog-sticks, controlling things was digital, aiming and steering was especially hard back then because you could only move cursors and steering at 100% speed or intensity wheras today you can fine-tune your movement by using analoge-sticks. Know what I mean now?

I guess 10k Volt Ghost already answered it.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM       
is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon

SKATASTIC
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM       
I think it turns into a "roaring oar" after the chainsaw is attached.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM       
I didn't know it had to do with sensitivity. I just called it sensitivity. I'm a dumb.

I like the Beer Hat. :D
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon
The far west side on your map at the police station.
taco loving zombie
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM       
thanks, also i used the hat during a boss fight and chuck got sick it was hilarious cause he got shot and went spinning spewing a vomit tornado

has a woody
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM       
http://kotaku.com/5628837/will-duke-...to-play-at-pax

ULWAYZ BET AWN DOUK

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM       
What makes the story even better is that they cite John St. Jon's tweets, and yet he says in one of his tweets that his presence has nothing to do with Duke Nukem.

has a woody
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:09 PM       
Yea, Kotaku chugs dick, but I'm a huge supporter of Duke Nukem Forever coming out. I'm not even a big fan. I just want the game to come out so I can say I witnessed it actually happen.