Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:32 AM       
I wouldn't call Crank Yankers a bad show. It's a "meh" show that features many unfunny performances. Sometimes it has a good moment. I remember I caught an episode and thought "this show really isn't SO bad, it's KINDA funny." then I found it out I had just watched a best-of episode Okay, it does suck, but I can't hate the show itself, just the performances on it. If that makes sense.

Primetime Glick I really really like. I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but the interviews are hilarious and the character is a perfect parody of these kind of talk show hosts that feed these fevered egos that taint our collective unconscious (to rip off a phrase from Bill Hicks). Add a layer of purely silly slapstick and it makes for a hilarious show. The Character's interaction with the celebrities is pretty much what drives the show, and the sketches on it are pretty much miss and miss. I've heard one arguement that the sketches are supposed to be bad, and a parody of the kind of sketches done on late night talk shows, which kinda makes sense, but still, if true, doesn't really make them much more enjoyable. I don't know, maybe the character doesn't carry a whole show that well, but it's too good, IMO, to just have him be a recurring character on a sketch show (like he was on Martin Short's short-lived morning talk show).

Make Me Laugh was a remake of a network show, in fact the show has been remade a few other times before it was on comedy central. I think it originated in the 50's.

I seriously am disapointed with myself for forgetting "Don't Forget Your Toothbrush." The whole idea was to embarass people, but all the stuff they did on the show seemed so joyless. Mark Curry didn't seemed amused by anything, he just shouted all of his lines. And the people who had to go through all the different things seemed like they didn't care. I remember a moment on that show that was pretty much identical to a moment on the original British show that it was based on, which really exposed to me how fucking fake it all is. They couldn't even sell the fakeness of it well. It wasn't even joyless; fuck, it was emotionless. It wasn't mean or giddy or anything, it was just fake and boring.

Anybody who thinks Strangers WIth Candy sucks is a clueless idiot. The show had layers upon layers of hilarity that required many viewings of each episode in order to take it all in. silly gags on top of smart social satire, subtle wordplay jokes and gross-out humor that disguises it's smartness and makes it like a wonderful gift waiting to be unwrapped. And the SMELL! Oh the smell!

I don't think there was anything wrong with Ben Stein's money, it wasn't hilarious, but it's not like it was offensvie that it was on comedy central or anything. Turn Ben Stein On had ONE hilarious concept: Let's interview people while having a dog run around doing tricks. But after you see that once it's not very funny anymore. Unless you begin to wonder if that's how he pitched it: "It's a talk show WITH A DOGGIE!" then it's fucking hilarious forever.

Comic Remix just makes me mad because when I see a good clip, I just want that whole show the clip was from. I wish they reran the A-List or Comedy Product. I wish they reran more old stuff like that.

Insomniac is fun, but not funny. I don't get when people are impressed by it, but it's a fun show that makes me wish I thought of that idea and had the power to do it myself.

The worst things about Tough Crowd is that one lady who takes all the jokes seriously (Bobo knows what I am talking about ) and the one guy whos in like every episode who repeats his "shocking" racist joke when nobody gets shocked by them. Also, I hate when they get into some kind of interesting discussion, it never gets far because it'll be killed by some dumb joke, as if somebody got poked off camera by a comedy central exec who is trying to remind the participants in the discussion that it's a "comedy" show. Colin Quinn is a shitty host, but I don't think he's unfunny. I think he just has a very hard time talking.

Battlebots was not funny in any way.

I LOVED the League of Gentlemen. The first episode sucked, but the rest of it was so easy to get into. Fucking fantastic black humor. The episodes are a lot better uncut.

I remember when Bob and Margaret was just a short cartoon they used to show on Cartoon Network all the time on that "O' Canada" show. Did nothing for me either. I didn't really think we were counting imports...

Half of Chapelle's Show is pretty shit. The other half is funny, and a lot of it is clever.

Craig Kilborn interviewed Bob and David twice on the Daily Show and pretended to know about Mr. Show and stuff, but when he had Paul Tompkins on his Late show to promote "Real Time with Bill Mahar," he mentioned "Dag" as one of his previous projects to the audience when introducing him, but NOT Mr. Show. Fucking dicksucker.

I like Let's Bowl. It was pure (PURE SHIT HAHAH NOW YOU CAN'T SAY IT YOU GAYS). It had a sleezy charm to it like Bowling Alleys do. Maybe it wasn't funny but it was fucking fun as hell to watch. The whole People's Court concept is something that originated from the original show they did on local television in Minneapolis. I loved some of the cases, like one where two brothers competed over who their dead mother loved best. It's amazing that they could make a bowling show as entertaining as it was.

Beat the Geeks was completely uninteresting.

Absolutely Fabulous (the first three series, anyway) is fantastic.

Gary and Mike is shit, I remember it from UPN/MTV.

<SARCASM><SARCASM></SARCASM></SARCASM>
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 31st, 2003, 06:34 AM       
The league of Gentleman was hilarious, I still get phonecalls from my sister asking me if I "Wanna buy some pegs, Dave?"

I liked the part where the vet pulled the horses' intestines out. I laughed so hard I shat myself.

The Australian version of 'Don't forget your Toothbrush' had the worst host in the history of telivision - Tim Ferguson. When I feel down, I just remind myself that one day he might not be on tv - he might even be dead. Apart from Him, the show suffered pretty much how jixby said. The reason they gave for only having a few episodes was that they ran out of money, BAH! what a load of cock!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:18 AM       
Glick

Was Martin Short funny in anything? EVER?!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 11:54 AM       
I really judge Crank Yankers on each individual segment. Some of the calls are really funny. What I think the problem is with most of the sketches is that the person being cranked REALIZES they are being cranked halfway through the crank call, and that just sucks all the joy out of it. It's funny when they know they're being cranked called and they get really mad, but that almost never happens. Usually they just play along with it and that sucks.

I don't know why everyone hates Primetime Glick. To me it seems everyone says they hate it without watching it because everyone fucking hates Martin Short. Which is understandable because even though I think the show is funny, I still hate him.

What I really hated about Don't Forget your Toothbrush is that these people were supposed to do really outrageous, embarrassing things to win prizes, but the things they had to do weren't that bad. They were things like "hang upside down" or "dress up like a baby and talk to people." It was like a PG-rated Jackass game show. It would still suck if they had the contestants actually do interesting shit, but the fact that they didn't just made it that much worse.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 31st, 2003, 02:06 PM       
And because what Jixby said about Strangers With Candy was so right on the money, here it is again, in bold yellow lettering!

Anybody who thinks Strangers WIth Candy sucks is a clueless idiot. The show had layers upon layers of hilarity that required many viewings of each episode in order to take it all in. silly gags on top of smart social satire, subtle wordplay jokes and gross-out humor that disguises it's smartness and makes it like a wonderful gift waiting to be unwrapped. And the SMELL! Oh the smell!
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:32 PM       
What could I say, I don't really like Strangers with candy :/ . I liked the USO comedy tour though. Most of it wasn't funny, but about once an episode, you had a good comic that should be more popular than everybody else on Comedy Central (coughWandaSykescough). Comedy Central Presents is very funny when you have somebody actually funny on there. A good example is Lewis Black.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste
I don't know why everyone hates Primetime Glick. To me it seems everyone says they hate it without watching it because everyone fucking hates Martin Short. Which is understandable because even though I think the show is funny, I still hate him.
It's not that (At least for me). I just don't think it's all that funny.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:51 PM       
I heard that Longmont was on one of the first few episodes of crank yankers. Longmont is pretty much the only prank caller worth listening to.

Gonna turn your face into birdseed.

JonSwift is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:02 AM       
Strangers with candy

Kids in the Hall was funny too
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 01:59 PM       
I don't mind Strangers with Candy. Hell, it was something to watch after Duckman....better than that fucking Sports Night shit. But as for worst, Primetime Glick. Is it too late to hire out the cast of SCTV to hunt down Martin Short and beat the living hell out of him? That man has wasted all the good karma he's had.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
I never liked leauge of gentlement. I guess when it replaced ucb and i saw the first episode I hated it, so I dont think I ever gave it much of a chance since then.

Glick is alright in concept, and it is fun to watch it a little, but it got old to me.

Crank Yankers would be so much cooler to me if I actually could watch the celebrities make the calls and see how they reacted to em and stuff. If the calls were all improv and not so scripted then the show could be fucking hilarious.

Comedy Central masta gotten some terrible execs a few years ago, because they had some extremely shitty shows, and canceled the fun ones.

I also miss viva variety.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:58 PM       
Yea, what ever happened to Viva Variety?

I think Primetime Glicks is boring, and I don't really find it funny.

I think Insomniac is one of the top 3 shows on CC right now. I think it is funny how he finds all of these wierd people to do stuff with. Oh yeah, he is drunk the whole time through, which makes him even funnier.

Beat the Geaks is bland. All the people are Star Trek nerds on it, and they just watch old videos of that stuff all day. Nothing funny is on it.

South Park is dumb, and the plots are complete shit. I give the guys credit of coming up with that stuff on the spot, but they have the same jokes used over and over again.

Don't Forget Your Toothbrush was terrible.

Strangers With Candy was funny, but they show it too late now. I also forgot to go pick up the DVD.

Crank Yankers has some funny things, and some unfunny things. It depends on what show it is, or the variety of the calls, but sometimes it is funny.

Daily Show is great, and the reporter, not John, is really funny.

That is my 2 cents.

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:44 AM       
Any game show on Comedy Central besides Win Ben Stein's Money just plain sucked. The worst one had to be VS. with that stupid unfunny fuck Greg Proops. I hated all those retarded themes like "goths vs beauty queens" and "Indians vs cowboys." I'm just surprised no one here has mention this crappy game show, if you will even call it a game show.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 07:30 AM       
It is common for one to block certain traumatic experiences from their memory.

Kitty of Doom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 01:35 AM       
Does anyone remember Dr. Katz? I found it funny at times but all that squiggiling hurt my eyes.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 01:43 AM       
of course. it was pretty good.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:09 AM       
The Man Show is probably the worst television show ever. Here, let me sum it up:

Hey, Jimmy. Do you have a hard on? 'Cause I sure do.

Yup, Adam. Hard on. Beer. Tits. Making fun of things I don't understand.

Plus, how was Jimmy Kimmel funny on Win Ben Stein's Money? All he ever did was stand there and say dumbass things.

puke511 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:48 PM       
lets bowl was a horrible show, i dont know who thought of that idea, but hopefully they are no longer a part of comedy central because i dont wanna see another lame idea like that.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 11:25 PM       
Yeah, Lets Bowl sucked donky dong. Whoever said Strangers With Candy Sucks deserves a swift kick in tiny genitles. Yes, at first, i didn't get it, but I was young and stupid. Now, however, i can fully appreciate its genious.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:53 PM       
Amen
macgruder is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 05:19 PM       
Shows I didnt care for:

Dont Forget Your Toothbrush
Lets Bowl
Vs.

Shows I love(d):

Trigger Happy TV
Ab Fab
Beat the Geeks(sorry)
countless others

Shows i cant wait for:

Im with Busey

aeQea is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 02:39 AM        Re: Worst Comedy Central Show

Last edited by aeQea : Feb 6th, 2015 at 01:50 AM. Reason: ..

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 09:14 PM       
Beat the Geeks is moderately good, but it gets very repetitive and boring after the 500th viewing.

Crank Yankers is completely relative to the individual segments. Some are just terrible, while others are quite good. Unfortunately, most suck.

Insomniac is a pretty good show. It also gets kind of boring...but it still has somg zing to it.

For Colin Quinn, it depends entirely on who the comics are and what they're discussing.

I'm surprised not many people like Glick. I think that show is great, especially the interviews...

The Daily Show owns: especially due to Lewis Black.

I wasn't impressed by "I'm With Busey". Wasn't horrible, but wasn't that great. Not to mention drag queens REALLY freak me out.

I watch that channel for Friday Night Standup. I love that. Except the female comics. Sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen one funny female comic in my life.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 12:14 AM       
Janeane Garofalo

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 11:38 AM       
I love when people say they've never seen a funny female comic.