Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:45 PM        Ren And Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon
...Is great so far. I had to tape it and I'm watching it now. I'm at the first commercial. Anyone else see it?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:52 PM       
I've seen clips and don't wanna see the new show, ever. Ren and stimpy being THAT gay just isn't cool

That was very funny. Well done.
...for breakfast?!
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:57 PM       
...Nevermind. It got worse. I'm up to the third commercial now and they're just dragging it along at this point.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:03 PM       
Fucking awful. Gave up after 20 seconds.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:04 PM       
I thought it was hilarious. Them being gay was probably the funniest part. I was crying in laughter when Ren reminded Stimpy, "I'm the pitcher, you're the catcher".
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:05 PM       
What the HELL are you guys talking about? Did I miss something?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:14 PM       
TNN's new "Cartoons for Fucking Adults" lineup. It features faggot shows like Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party Show, Gary the Rat, and Striperella. Then there's classic Ren and Stimpy, which is good.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:21 PM       
I'll have to pass on that.

Besides, I get nicktoons tv, and not only does it play Ren and Stimpy, it plays Rocko.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
Ren and Stimpy: Gay Lovers
http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2472520&cch=60
...for breakfast?!
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
Yeah, that "You're the pitcher, I'm the catcher" part was awesome. And when Ren came out dressed like a pitcher.

Gary The Rat and Striperella I didn't catch though--how were those?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:16 AM       
Warner Bros. is actually going to be advertising the new Ren & Stimpy show here on I-Mockery soon. You'll prolly see an ad for it on the main page of the site in the next week or so.

:myicecreambar
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
Quote:
TNN's new "Cartoons for Fucking Adults" lineup. It features faggot shows like Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party Show, Gary the Rat, and Striperella. Then there's classic Ren and Stimpy, which is good.
Wow. It sounds like Adult Swim produced by Jimmy Kimmel.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 01:50 AM       
That about sums it up. From what I was watching, it seems as though it tries too hard to be adult oriented and it's forgetting the funny.

I still caught the classic Ren and Stimpy, though. It takes me back to when Nickelodeon didn't suck.

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Warner Bros. is actually going to be advertising the new Ren & Stimpy show here on I-Mockery soon.
How much are they paying you? It must be alot since Space Jam was such a huge hit.

I didn't catch the new show, but they are going to show a re-run of it during the day or something. I'll have to check it out before I listen to anyone's opinions.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:56 AM       
As far as I'm concerned, I'm never giving Stripperella a fair chance. Based on never watching it, and only seeing commercials, here is my opinion:

-Horrible action-oriented and overpolished animation, which feels jerky and stupid.

-Trying to capitalize on people lusting over cartoon characters and Pam Anderson, two things nobody should really be lusting over in the first place.

-Pam is the worst voice actress in the history of a the universe, which is understandable since all over forms of acting she has done are equally sucky.

For some reason, I think Gary the Rat might be alright. I have a feeling it's similar to Duckman in humor, so I might watch it once.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 03:03 AM       
I liked it. But yeah, by the end it kind of fizzled out. But it got a few good belly laughs from me in the first half. It's all very basic gross humor but it made me laugh. I like it.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 08:09 AM       
i didnt really like it.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
Wait are they really gay partners? Or are the gay in a sense of being stupid?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Cool
Wait are they really gay partners? Or are the gay in a sense of being stupid?
Watch the link I posted and see.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:57 AM       
I seriously want whoever made that cartoon to die. I really really mean that
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:20 PM       
I made it

Well actually not really, but I coloured a few scenes. It was one of the shows the studio I was working at had at the time. I spent significantly more time on Mole Sisters and Ripping Friends.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:24 PM       
sweet good choices on the vomit and feces colors.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:37 PM       
heh I wasn't important enough to have responsibilites like choosing the pallettes. I did the compositing, camera and effects on other shows though.

I haven't seen a full episode of this R&S and only glimpsed at a few storyboards when it was in production. I never really liked the original so I never really had much of an opinion on this remake or whatever it is. Nobody I talked to who worked on it seemed all that impressed with it though. Still, I wouldn't mind checking it out on Kazaa or whatnot.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
The new R&S sucks so much ass There were a few funny parts and the rest just plain sucked... But I did catch the classic ones and they were still as funny as they used to be.

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 04:20 PM       
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that missed it. I read some of the reviews of TNN's "adult" cartoons and they are a lot more worse than I thought they were going to be. I think this review pretty much sums up what you can expect from Ren and Stimpy's new show:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthrea...threadid=79806
Quote:
REN AND STIMPY ADULT PARTY CARTOON
Let’s get this out of the way first. This is easily the worst animated series to come along in quite awhile. In fact, I can’t think of anything worse than this. Baby Looney Tunes? Innocent and saccharine, but it’s a preschool show. Rugrats Go Wild? I haven’t personally seen it, but at least it has a plot, unlike this.

The episode’s “plot,” if you can call it that, centers on Ren and Stimpy moving from their residence in a hobo’s mouth to their new residence—as Ren calls it, “living the high life”-- in a bar spittoon. First off, the basic plot makes no sense… hobo’s mouth? Spittoon? These locations are supposed to be funny? They scream “we’re being adult just because we can!!” instead of providing any comedic value.

It gets worse from there. The Hobo’s Mouth scenes take much longer than they should, and they present the first basic problem of the show. It’s a strung-together succession of body humor jokes. Actually, it’s too much to even call them “jokes.” In one scene, the uvula in the hobo’s mouth penetrates Ren’s butt. Instead of doing something even with that basic, if tasteless idea, the animators chose to just repeat that visual several times, getting successively worse with each penetration. It was almost as if the makers were shouting, “HE’S GETTING IT UP THE REAR! LAUGH!!! LAUGH, DAMN YOU!!!”

It continues in this vein. Nearly every joke involves a bodily function of some sort, and each is presented in the same “WE’RE SHOWING SOMETHING GROSS!!!! IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY!!!” way. No subtlety, no modicum of humor.

This brings up another problem. This episode was 30 minutes, but seemed to go on for hours. The pacing was glacially slow, the jokes were not funny, and as stated before, there was no plot or coherency.

Voice acting wise, John K is also off on his voice of Ren. Suddenly he sounds vaguely Indian, although his performance is okay. The new voice actor for Stimpy, however, was horrible. All of Billy West’s charming stupidity has gone… now Stimpy is just a clueless, annoying idiot. Music is still the canned library music that the original used, and the theme is actually the exact same as used on the original show, only with a new title card. It could have been nice if they had at least composed a new title sequence.

Is it as bad as everyone is making it out to be? No, it’s worse. It is one of the worst animated series ever created. It is honestly a pain to watch and I was overjoyed when it went to break and when the credits began to roll.

You have better things to do in thirty minutes than give it up to watch this crap. Stay away. Stay far, far away from this steaming pile, and just laugh as the self-proclaimed “master of animation”, John Kricfalusi, stands revealed without clothing.
They also got reviews of Gary the Rat and Stripperella if anyone cares.