Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM        Free crap! For me...not you
And it may well be crap...not sure.

We may be inheriting a 2002 42" Samsung 1080i flatscreen from my mother-in-law. I think it's a rear-projection, but it might be LCD, not sure. It is broken, in that the "colors are off," but that's all I know. She was told by someone to check the bulb, but it could have been her neighbor with the B&W 10" for all I know.

If it's a cheap fix, we'll take it, but I just want to know if it's worth the trouble. Can anyone help?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM       
Rear projection, and it's not cheap at all. The bulbs on ours are off-center and some shops have outright refused to fix it because it is so hard to. The one shop that would is holding it hostage until we pay it off, somewhere in the upper hundreds.

But, if you do get it fixed, it's infinitely worth it in the end.