Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Johnny Horton is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 05:53 AM        Firmtive Action
The recent riots in Michigan say much about the intelligence and political savvy of those of African descent.

Those people really know how to get their message out. Very effective, all that shattering of glass, burning of buildings and so forth. It's all quite brilliant, actually.

And their organizational skills! Extraordinary! To think that they could assemble a group of concerned citizens so quickly! Asian-Americans could never do that. They seem content to merely work and rear their children and vote.

Blacks, on the other hand, are obviously people of action. They are never hesitant to express their outrage over the oppressive acts of racist police.

What were those cops thinking? The pigs! They've murdered yet another poor soul, a man whose only desire was to live his life in peace.

It's all simply too horrible to think about. So if you will excuse me, I'm going to the kitchen to eat a bowl of Sugar Smacks.

Peace, brothers. Peace, sisters.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 11:33 AM       
If you're talking about the riot at Benton Harbor, my favorite part of the coverage is when the local police commander, an african-american man mind you, asked that both Jesse Jackson and the Reverend Al Sharpton stay out because he didn't need them meddling in their affairs (I'm paraphrasing, of course). This was in response to a reporter who told the commander that both men were intent on coming after they learned of the riot. Although the man who died in the crash seems to be superficially in the wrong, I am going to reserve my judgement until I read up a little more on the incident. It feels like there's a lot more to the story than a simple high-speed chase turned tragically wrong.

P.S. Although I try to keep an open and reasonable view on things, I'm with the commander on this one. Both of those men are race baiting, shit-stirring, non-productive sensationalists who irk me to no end!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
Kelly, I couldn't agree more about those two. Whenever there is something horrible happening to a black person in this country, they always play what I like to call "The Race Card". It is the ace hidden up their sleeve. All they have to do is say someone is getting treated poorly because of race, and then it falls upon the accused to prove he/she is not racist, and that can be a very hard thing to prove, even if you aren't.

Dirty fightin' bastards.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:05 PM       
A good case in point is the mayor of our good city of Detroit, Kwame Kilpatrick who's been involved in many questionable, if not corrupt, activities of late. They're even talking about an election recount on this guy. He's one of the most nonproductive, arrogant, self-serving jackasses I've ever seen holding the office. He has done nothing of substance for the city of Detroit since entering office. Yet, if you have any ill words to say to his supporters, they will not debate back and cite his good character or his list of accomplishments ( there ARE none) ... thus, with nothing to back their allegiance to the man, they will dismiss your argument, pull the "race card"and call you a bigot. I'm not referring to african --americans here, BTW. There are quite a number of them who feel he's an idiot too.

Wherever you go, there you are.