Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM        KING OF KONG
It's good. It's kind of weird because you know all of these people are real, but you could just as easily see them as characters in a fictional movie, not just a documentary.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:15 AM       
This is next on my netflix list. Now I'm just waiting for My Kid Could Paint That to finally become available
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:46 AM       
Yeah I saw this one in the theater actually, it's a really entertaining documentary because it becomes this amazingly epic story of good versus evil even though it's just a film about a guy trying to break the Donkey Kong world record.

Whether you care about video games or not, I guarantee you will like this.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM       
It is a really great movie. It's just so weird the way things slowly start to mimic the sort of events you'd expect to see in a regular Hollywood movie, with one guy becoming to true underdog, and the other guy becoming this weird, cartoonish villain.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM       
It was really good, yeah. I had always had the impression that Billy Mitchell was kind of a douchebag, glad to see I was right.

I hated Billy's friends more than I hated Mitchell though, especially that weaselly fucker, Brian Kuh or whatever.

Apparently Walter Day (the ref) is saying that this movie's depiction of Twin Galaxies is inaccurate and that Mitchell and Wiebe played a few games together and were actually good friends during the taping.
Banned
anisbd is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
It's nice movie all parts
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM       
YOU ARE A SPAMBOT, I'M TELLING
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 02:31 PM       
Yeah I posted in the last film you watched thread about this. It's a really great film.

If you check the twin galaxies site Billy Mitchell is the world record holder again with, like 1,000,450 points or something. Kind of sad.

Though I don't hate Mitchell, he seemed like if you weren't trying to take his DK record away from his he'd be an okay kind of guy. I think the film makers wanted people to know this, so they showed parts like him giving the elderly woman the Cubert machine to practise on.

Also, credit were credit is due, he is a pretty awesome gamer in his own right.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM       
You just have a crush on him. The guy is a douchebag and it's not like they took him saying all that arrogant shit out of context.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM       
HE HAS BEAUTIFUL HAIR
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM       
I submit that if he shaved his beard, he'd look a lot like a certain webmaster I know.

The Wolf
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM       
I agree. The attitude would be uh...far from it, though!

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM       
Yeah, but I do make a mean hot sauce.
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM       
Yes, don't defend Billy. He is the definition of douchebag. I can usually tell when a documentary takes things out of context and paints an incorrect picture of someone, and King of Kong didn't do that. And yea, sadly, he is back on top of the DK leaderboard, and he did it live in public as well.

Great film though and I just wanted to run up and hug Steve Wiebe at the end. It's hard to believe people like that actually exist; for the first 20 minutes I thought it was a mockumentary and they were characters a la Christopher Guest's films. Good stuff.