Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM        Another Haunted Mansion movie
This time it will be made with Guillermo Del Toro writing and directing. He promises that it will be scary.

From the transcripts comic con panel
" What we are trying to do is we are trying to make it scary, trying to make it… It definitely is not a comedy you know, we don’t have a comedian in the cast."

Growing up in So Cali with Disneyland nearby, I'm looking foward to this. It has to be better than the other Haunted House movie with Eddie Murphy.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
It HAS to be better than the eddie murphy one. I heard the central character in this would be the Hatbox ghost.
Salticidae!
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM       
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to 10,000 volt ghost again.

Pickle props for being geeky enough to mention the hat box ghost.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM       
I used to love the shit out of the haunted mansion. Same thing with Pirates of the Caribbean just from going on the rides in Disneyworld from when I was young.

....memories
Salticidae!
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM       
Supposedly Del toro has a secret room behind a bookcase all decorated in the haunted mansion theme. Same wallpaper, stretching ghost portraits, gargoyle candle holders and a replica hat box ghost.

Edit to say the Disney geek in me is jealous.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM       
If Del Toro is doing it, I'm all in. I just got a chance to do attend a Q/A with the guy at the world screening of his Director's Cut version of Mimic. Super nice guy with an amazing perspective on how films should be done.

The new cut of Mimic is a VAST improvement by the way, I highly recommend picking it up.
Salticidae!
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 12:56 PM       
Del Toro is also working on a version of Pinocchio. I think this has real creepy potential.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 09:06 PM       
THIS IS OLD NEWS
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM       
HBG as a central character would ruin a lot of the mystery behind him. If the movie was successful they'd probably stick him back in the mansion in several different places and use the new CGI technology they're using to shit up the place.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM       
They've never gotten to USE him, though, it'll be cool for the movie (I think). I hope Guillermo brings up the Sea Captain, too
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
The new cut of Mimic is a VAST improvement by the way, I highly recommend picking it up.
Oh jam, I didn't know this was a thing. Loved Mimic.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 12:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
They've never gotten to USE him, though, it'll be cool for the movie (I think). I hope Guillermo brings up the Sea Captain, too
The sea captain is a more likely candidate because he has a backstory and Disney recently put up a large gravestone for him in the queue.
Lone Wanderer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
The sea captain is a more likely candidate because he has a backstory and Disney recently put up a large gravestone for him in the queue.
A fucking annoyingly huge and lawsuit liable gravestone!