Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM       
thanks. would of been a cool cameo if he was the mad hatter
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
I didn't think it was all that great. :iconoclast

It bothered me that the city looked too...normal. Gotham shouldn't look like just Anycity, USA, it should look like a dark, forbodeing metropolis. Tim Burton said that he wanted Gotham to look like "As if Hell came sprouting out of the concrete and kept right on growing.", He made sure to make it look scary and perpetually gloomy. That's what set the mood in Burton's movies, and made them enjoyable for me. But in this movie, so much of the action took place in broad daylight, it wasn't even remotely gloomy. It just didn't have the right atmosphere, at least not in my opinion.

Furthermore, since when does Batman operate out of a simple basement? What the hell happened to the Batcave? A little lame, if you ask me.
Totally agree with you there.

Heath Ledger plays an excellent psycho in weird clown make-up, but he's not playing The Joker.

It's far too long and just not comic book enough. If Batman and Joker wore ordinary clothes it would just be yet another gangster violent film, no style, no imagination. The gadgets weren't gadgety enough, the stunts weren't as over the top as I would expect, the sets were dull dull dull. It wasn't any fun. It just wasn't Batman

BUT very funny how Bruce Wayne puts on a gruff voice when he becomes Batman. But very little humour apart from that.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod View Post
It's far too long and just not comic book enough. If Batman and Joker wore ordinary clothes it would just be yet another gangster violent film, no style, no imagination. The gadgets weren't gadgety enough, the stunts weren't as over the top as I would expect, the sets were dull dull dull. It wasn't any fun. It just wasn't Batman
Thank you, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. Comic books are just meant to be somewhat otherworldy. If the setting isn't suitable, then they're just a bunch of weirdos wearing ridiculous costumes.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM       
That's why I like Batman Forever a lot. It's scenery is very very good.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
That's why I like Batman Forever a lot. It's scenery is very very good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3X79WbtEE

This video is actually better than the movie itself. That's what the sets and cinamatography for a superhero movie should look like, only without the bad acting, stupid plot, ridiculous costumes and make-up.

I mean, rubber nipples and codpieces? Really, Joel Schumacher?