Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM       

Now that is funny.

I was switching back and forth between FB games and Discovery Channel and finally got to the EGRES (or whatever) check list and I was bothered that old man rushed thought the visor thing and had to back track and make sure the red light was on. They almost canceled the whole jump over the visor.

Then the whole wind direction blew me away. :/
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM       
They had to keep going back to the heating elements in the visor over the last half-hour or so - there'd been recurring issues.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:32 PM       
Yet checking it before he jumps is skippable
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM       
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan he was fine

don't worry about it, they checked it enough
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 10:37 PM       
COUNTDOWN

3 SIR!
NO SIR COUNT DOWN!
5!

RELEASE THE GERMAN!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:58 PM       
what science should i major in if i wanna be rich as hell
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM       
Medicine or law.

In other news, this is the finding Scifi fans have been waiting for since the discovery of the first exoplanet. Yes, it's more like Hell than Earth, but still, a planetary system only 4.3 light years from us is reason for most astronomers to party.
You may already be there.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 12:42 AM       
seriously you cant make any money in science?

i was thinkin bout getting a geology degree
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM       
Yes, you can make money in science, mostly because if you're good at it, you can do things that seem like magic to 99% of the workforce.

Which is both good for your job security, and very sad.

Geology is a decent choice - lots of opportunity there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Oct 17th, 2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: hit "enter" too soon
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM       
Geologists, chemical engineers, etc.

Word is that, over the past two or three years, they're starting to hire more and more young people after having not for so long coz the current workforce is really old.

My buddy's a year off from graduating and he's got a $75,000 salary already at a company that designs and builds natural gas recovery plants. He starts during the Summer building valves in a team.

So yeah. There's moneys if you're willing to work for it - it's rather competitive.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM       
Dick enlarging sciences
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Dick enlarging sciences
Or hardening. Either one. Also, fat eliminating chemistry.
BANNED

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM       
if I'm reading my school info correct I can double major really easily so i was thinking of picking up a science degree alongside philosophy so i don't feel worthless and have decent job potential. One of my teachers told me with a bachelors in geology you can get jobs easy, so I was thinking of going for that. Science just sounds fun.

Quote:
if you're good at it, you can do things that seem like magic to 99% of the workforce.
is it hard to be good at science?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM       
It really depends a lot on your aptitude (not attitude). You need to be able to think scientifically, critically question assumptions and design experiments to test assumptions. It also helps if you can spot bullshit.

Only you can be sure if it's something you can do, or if it's something you'd like to do.
BANNED

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM       
Quote:
Word is that, over the past two or three years, they're starting to hire more and more young people after having not for so long coz the current workforce is really old.
all dem baby boomers are retiring now.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM       
Kilogram is getting fat.

http://news.yahoo.com/kilogram-gaine...005533827.html

Quote:
The international standard, a cylinder-shaped hunk of metal that defines the fundamental unit of mass, has gained tens of micrograms in weight from surface contamination, according to a new study.

As a result, each country that has one of these standard masses has a slightly different definition of the kilogram, which could throw off science experiments that require very precise weight measurements or international trade in highly restricted items that are restricted by weight, such as radioactive materials.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM       
The LA Kings Blackout Night is in honor of Raytheon’s spectacular images of Earth, deemed the “Black Marble.” Raytheon’s Visible Infrared Imaging Sensor (VIIRS), aboard NASA’s Suomi-NPP satellite, has been capturing never-before seen views of our planet. This innovation in imaging produced the 2012 Black Marble, a unique view of Earth at night.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM       
What a dick.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM       
Hey Flagg, I got a question for you. If I soak my Brita water filter in vinager, does it clean all the charcoal? Or does a lot of tap water crap not die from vinager?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:51 AM       
I have not heard of using vinegar to clean out water filters in this fashion, and I don't expect it to work particularly well. Charcoal is a superior adsorbent, which means that is will be a devil to clean. I expect that vinegar is not nearly as strong a reducing agent as would be required - you probably need a much stronger acid.

My advice - if you can, buy a replacement filter. It's both cheaper and safer.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM       
Yeah, I expected as much. I know from survival shows that charcoal is pourus and collects muck in the pours to help clean the water, but I didn't even think of it as a sponge. Can't boil it because it's encased in plastic.

Thank you Mr. Chem!
BANNED

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 12:31 AM       
i am now a geology major :D
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM       
That's pretty cool. What are your intentions? Earthquakes, global climates, gold?
BANNED

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM       
making money

maybe civil engineering or space mining or someshit but i havent seen any schools that specialize in space mining :O