Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 03:44 PM       
I don't deny that there are idiots.

But here is where you are wrong. The great characteristic of the "leftist" movement today is its diversity. A hodge-podge of ideas that, when one weaves together a unifying narrative, reveals extensive contradictions. But only by assuming its message to be unified. And that is a fatal assumption.

Your criticisms are, for the most part, valid. However, you can sit on the side and complain bitterly, or choose the side (since things are polarized this way these days) that, in the most general terms, you agree more with, and try to change things from within. Cynicism and negativity isn't any better. Think about that.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
Am I cynical or am I concerned?

It's not "diversity" when people are hiding their real platforms, and posing as unified while duping their followers, herding them like sheep.

Once again... who the hell are M27 ?

Why is it negative to question this? I think it's a lot more negative to go on message boards and defend their actions without even knowing. You at least seem like you have a handle on who's who in the anarchy world.... but there are a lot of people reading Indymedia that don't seem to give a shit. You mentioned being involved in Indymedia. Why are they publicizing actions by groups in guises that only vaguely represent themselves or some form of a public platform? Why are Indymedia allowing other groups to misrepresent their message and co-opt their service? I've never seen them publish up to the minute reports for White militia marches. They do curate their content on some level. I'll say it again - Not in Our name features "names" that do obviously support some violence in the Middle East if it fits within their personal agendas, but that's a contradiction to their seemingly innocent Statement of purpose. It's not innocent at all, It's manipulative. It's sick, and it's corrupt.

Admonishing you by your associations simply because you did it for a good cause doesn't cut it. Sometimes standing on the side lines is the most responsible thing to do.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 08:40 AM       
speaking of the grand *cough*bullshitleftistpropaganda* site indymedia. Why did sf.indymedia.org have that nice picture with the anarchist people holding up the cute sign "We support our troops who shoot their officers?" Was that something to be truly proud of enough to put on a site?
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
At least they were admitting their extremist platform and sticking to it. I have no problem with that (okay I actually do, but that's another story, and within their rights to have such an opinion). At least people know what they're all about and can make an educated choice about them without being duped.

No just cause requires deception.