Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
I don't see how that statement was that big of a deal. Isn't that and shouldn't that be the belief of EVERYONE? If someone doesnt agree with me, I believe they are misinformed. If I dont agree with someone, they would believe I am misinformed. You are grasping for a diamond in a pile of coal.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
"Dur? Doesn't everyone believe that?"

IF THEY DID, WHY WOULD ANYONE DISAGREE WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE? YOU MUST BE A MORON.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM       
You didn't even answer the question or try to make a supporting statement for or against what I said.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:27 PM       
So in other words, he was doing a REALLY GREAT impression of you.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:42 PM       
Not really, if he was going to do an impression of myself, he would have argued the point or at least give a reason to support or not support my statement. For all the shit I talk, I do at least answer the relavant questions that are of substance and not of a baiting nature.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 01:48 PM       
Or maybe I should have included the misguided thinking that all of those things were an integral part of mimicking myself while mimicking you. To get the whole package.

Or maybe you should shut up and let it drop.

Maybe.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
I don't see how that statement was that big of a deal. Isn't that and shouldn't that be the belief of EVERYONE? If someone doesnt agree with me, I believe they are misinformed. If I dont agree with someone, they would believe I am misinformed. You are grasping for a diamond in a pile of coal.
While I hold strong opinions on issues, I try to be humble enough to accept the possibility that I might be wrong and someone else might be right.

Do you consider it a possibility that perhaps you are the one who is misinformed?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:24 PM       
"People like Vinnie are why I tend to shy away from getting seriously involved here."

Vinnie, to my admittedly limited knowledge, has been here less than six weeks. You have been here almost a year. The reason you don't venture into this forum is because you have no ideaology. From what I've read of your posts, you don't particularly care about any issue enough to take a stand one way or the other. While most people lack the courage of their conviction, you lack any conviction whatsoever. Not a critique, just an observation.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Vinnie, to my admittedly limited knowledge, has been here less than six weeks.
But how long has his dad (Ronnie) been here?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:33 PM       
For fucks sake, since before me, and I came around 00' or '01. But Ronnie, for the most part, is easily disregarded. He does his little snip and past posts, or comes up with a vague responce that sounds vaguely Baptist in structure (KIN I GIT AN AMEN BUuuuusssSSSHHHHAH!). . .

Having said that, point taken.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
Quote:
Isn't that and shouldn't that be the belief of EVERYONE? If someone doesnt agree with me, I believe they are misinformed. If I dont agree with someone, they would believe I am misinformed. You are grasping for a diamond in a pile of coal.
This five-year-old's view of the world you posess explains much about the rest of your posts.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:31 AM       
That's not a five year old's opinion, that is basic truth. If you disagree with me, to me, you are misinformed or dillusional to the facts I present. If I disagree with you, then I am misinformed or dillusional to the facts you present. Those are and should be the opinions of people with convictions. And I love how you never agreed/disagreed with the points, you just tried once again to insult me.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:31 AM       
No, I honestly believe that's a childish way to view the world. I have conviction to my beliefs, but I also accept that my opinions are just that...OPINIONS, and not necessarily any more or less valid than those of the next person. I have my unique way of viewing the world, just as you have yours. Doesn't necessarily mean either one of us is right or wrong. I'm always glad to argue or debate my side, but I'm always aware of the POSSIBILITY that I could be wrong.

You keep going back to this extreme oversimplification of everything. It doesn't all come down to black and white.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:48 AM       
No, truths are truths. There are only truths and lies. It's the truth that we breath air. Everyone cany deny it, but that doesn't make it true. You have the idea that looking at the world through an unfiltered prism is just so neat and special. Don't be open-minded enough that your mind fills with trash. I look through everything with a filtered prism based on what I assume to be true. So thats why when I said if you disagree with me, you are misinformed.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 12:35 PM       
Quote:
I look through everything with a filtered prism based on what I assume to be true. So thats why when I said if you disagree with me, you are misinformed.
This is another stellar quote from VinceZeb! I think I'm going to start a collection in my signature...I'm just worried that it's going to get too big.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 12:49 PM       
Good for you. In 20 years when you finally decide to grow up, you will have a record of quotes that were uttered by people you probably should take a gander at.

If that be the case, then also start a scrapbook of all the direct questions and posts that you chose not to answer directly, but just decided to act cute and make jokes about the person that confronted you about your statements. Make sure the book is prefaced with the fact that you avoided most of my questions and when you answered some, you truly didn't answer them, but gave a sweeping generalization not about the point made, but about the person delivering it.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
Gee, I'm so sorry VinceZeb, but since you don't agree with me, I kind of figured you were misinformed and decided that since you just don't "get it", you're probably not worth talking to.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:20 PM       
Proto, all I would like you to do is argue the statement I made about people's opinions and the facts that they believe back them up. Put up your arguemnt about why I am wrong. If you convince me that I am wrong, then I will reevaluate or change my views.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:48 PM       
Shut up, you misinformed sheeple. We're right, and you're just wrong, you waste of human life.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:37 PM       
Vince, by your own convoluted logic, Proto cannot convince you that you're wrong because "[you] look through everything with a filtered prism based on what [you] assume to be true."
The Goddamned Batman
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:53 PM       
Truly, how could one with a "misinformed opinion" such as myself ever POSSIBLY get through to you? It is an exercise in futility.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
While I hold strong opinions on issues, I try to be humble enough to accept the possibility that I might be wrong and someone else might be right.

Do you consider it a possibility that perhaps you are the one who is misinformed?
That's very Socratic of you ... and I agree. The wisest people are those that maintain an open mind and continue to question everything ... even themselves.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:25 PM       
"Put up your arguemnt about why I am wrong. If you convince me that I am wrong, then I will reevaluate or change my views."

So, wait, let me see if I follow this simple, black and white logic.

You think A. Proto thinks B.

You think Proto is 'missinformed and/or dellusional'.

Then Proto convinces you of B. You now think B as well.

Ergo, when you thought Proto was missinformed and/or dellusional, it was actually you who were missinformed and/or dellusional.

How about incoporating the possibility that you might be wrong or simply interpret certain facts differently than Proto (or anyone) into your original point of view?

This would
A.) Make you less obnoxious.
B.) Open your mind to the existence of other viewpoints and the possability of their validity, thus making change and learning morte likely.
C.) Introduce Doubt into your equation, without which ones life remains unexamined.

Here's a question to test your black and white we breathe air theory. Are you good?
Answer yes or no. It's that simple. End of story. Black and White.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
That's very Socratic of you ... and I agree. The wisest people are those that maintain an open mind and continue to question everything ... even themselves.
Aw shucks. Thank you. I try to live up what Socrates said as best I can.

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:55 PM       
Am I good? I assume you mean between good and evil, am I good?

The question itself is a loaded one, becuase there are many benchmarks for good that I personally follow, but I would say yes I am good.