Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:32 PM       
Dont forget the spedup music in the Super Mario games when the timer is running low.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM       
Mario 64 piano
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 12:36 AM       
That thing scared me but Akugi the heartless and SoulReaver creeped me out when I was about 7 or 8.
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM       
I remember playing Silent Hill 3, and in the bit in the room full of dummies, I was expecting some freaky shit to go down, because "The Dummies are coming to life!!! OMG!" is a classic horror cliche. After several minutes of nothing happening, I let my guard down, and of course a dummy fell of the shelf and screamed. I completely wasn't expecting it, and almost sprained my wrist diving over to the PS2 to trun it off.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM       
Oh and the Tengen game Toobin' scared the ass out of me because after you play for a while you end up getting sucked into other dimensions and shit by whirlpools.
I'm only a virgin island.

Bluddy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 11:58 PM       
I think there was just something about the NES and its time era that was just scary... But, if I had to choose what scared the crap out of me the most:

1.) LoZ: Link to the Past, the beginning when you wake up and its all rainy and ominous.. then your dad or whatever is half dead down the well, all like Link you can DO IT!

2.) Shadowgate and Uninvited as already mentioned, just about every part is sketchy.

3.) FF2 SNES: When Edge has to fight his mutated messed up parents and its all sad and creepy...

Goddamn games! Now we're all haunted.
Dschingis Khan
Lastpatriot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM       
In Wizards and Warriors for the NES, the boss fight music was always a little scary to me.

Plus the end boss, where the wizard guy just flits all around the room, HE WAS EVERYWHERE!1
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM       
I remember being terrified of Dragon's Lair when I was a kid (because of the whole turning into a skeleton when you die thing), and Hunt the Wumpus on the old TI/99 was terrifying because if you made a wrong move it would jump to a screen of a pair of jaws closing on you to the tune of the Death March

I was pretty easy to scare back then though, since reading Cave of Time was enough to make me avoid the library altogether for a year or two
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM       
The bat in Hunt the Wumpus is the most bastard creature ever conceived. It usually dropped me into the slime pits.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM       
oh, definitely. And you never knew when you were gonna wake one up, so going past them was always nerve wracking.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 05:09 PM       
Earthbound Zero is terrifying ;(
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM       
I dont know why, but Ecco the Dolphin for Sega used to creep me out and depress me at the same time. Especially the sound it made when you hit a jelly fish

I couldnt play through the school level in the first Silent Hill. It was too scary

There was this beginning animation of Ryu standing in the dark and punching at the screen in one of the versions of SF2. I remember it scared me so much i couldnt even look at the screen
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM       
The sewers in Silent Hill still scare me
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 12:47 AM       
The whole god damn mansion in Resident Evil
The whole god damn city in Resident Evil 2 & 3
The Hospital and Elementary school areas in Silent Hill
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 03:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi View Post
I dont know why, but Ecco the Dolphin for Sega used to creep me out and depress me at the same time. Especially the sound it made when you hit a jelly fish

I couldnt play through the school level in the first Silent Hill. It was too scary

There was this beginning animation of Ryu standing in the dark and punching at the screen in one of the versions of SF2. I remember it scared me so much i couldnt even look at the screen
you're such a wuss rongi

I was pretty creeped out by splatterhouse 3 the first time I played it. I was like 8 and I'd rented it right after a hockey tournament so I was so pumped to play it and when some of the creepy parts started to happen I was a bit scared. I remember playing through it but both enjoying and being scared out by some of the stuff.

That was very funny. Well done.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM       
i really am. when my sister showed me the thriller music video when i was 3 i started crying because michael jackson's cat eyes horrified me
Level 29 ♂
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 03:51 PM       
that's a legitimate fear
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:39 AM       
I just downloaded a Half Life mod called "Afraid of Monsters."

If you wanna shit yourself, that's the game to do it with.

The level design's a little shitty, though, so make sure you're ok with wandering around dark hallways for extended periods and seeing the message "HMM, THE LOCK SEEMS TO BE JAMMED. IT'S NOT GOING TO OPEN" repeated to infinity.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:53 AM       
While playing Ocarina of Time and after reading on GameFAQs about how most of the pussies there were terrified of the dungeon under the well, I expected some hardcore scary shit. I was disappointed.

Although while I was in the well I hit a dead end, and when I turned around a goddamned skull spider was hanging there taking up my entire TV screen. It startled the shit out of me.

I had nightmares about the coin ship from Super Mario 3.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:03 AM       
the ReDeads are the most horrifying thing ever when you're eight years old ;<

Especially if you can't mash buttons fast enough to get them off you and letting one grab you means instant death ;<

I actually don't think I've ever had the nuts to explore past the first floor of the well, but I'm sure I could handle it nowadays.
Level 29 ♂
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I just downloaded a Half Life mod called "Afraid of Monsters."

If you wanna shit yourself, that's the game to do it with.

The level design's a little shitty, though, so make sure you're ok with wandering around dark hallways for extended periods and seeing the message "HMM, THE LOCK SEEMS TO BE JAMMED. IT'S NOT GOING TO OPEN" repeated to infinity.
so what, it rips off of silent hill?
OH GOD
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:17 AM       
ps http://tatsusoft.diregames.net:8081/wumpus.html has a (basically) 100% replica of the ti wumpus game for fans of not wanting to bother with emulators
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:20 AM       
No idea, I only saw the movie.

Although it's filled with grimy hospital corridors and zombies with eternally convulsing heads, which the film had a fair amount of.

Also, if you're gonna play it you'll want to open up the console and give yourself infinite flashlight batteries, because there aren't nearly enough pickups for you to be able to go at your own pace.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:32 AM       

The last one scared the shit out of me when I was in the mental ward by just following me like a lost puppy for a few minutes and not attacking ;<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 03:24 AM       
I just got out of the Hospital and the game has become incredibly fantastic. All of you, go download it immediately.

I tweaked my top speed to be a little slower because the HL engine's fast running makes me clumsy and takes away from this mod's experience, and I toned the gravity down a notch so any platforming I run into is way easier.

Once you fix it Half Life's engine really isn't that bad ;<