Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 05:49 AM       
I haven't had a chance to catch it yet, but it seems like most of the criticism seems to be that it's not the same as the old cartoon . :/
Hey, Laird and...that other guy..said they wanted to make a show that was closer to the original comic, and by the sound of it, they've done just that. Sure, your memories of childhood may have been permanantly fucked up now, but you can always just order some old TMNT cartoons on VHS or something.
Speaking of, wouldn't it be awesome if they released all of transformers, He-man, Thundercats, GI joe and TMNT on DVD in some kind of 80's nostalgia DVD box sets?

Blah. I just hope thundercats isn't remade into a shitfest
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 11:55 AM       
I think the new TMNT is decent. except for that theme song. good fucking lord. that is the lamest theme song ever.

and also i noticed this show before it that was like some kinda pokemon ripoff but they fought using food instead. it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen.
________
Recall prilosec

Last edited by whoreable : May 6th, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
I think the new TMNT is decent. except for that theme song. good fucking lord. that is the lamest theme song ever.

and also i noticed this show before it that was like some kinda pokemon ripoff but they fought using food instead. it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen.
Heh...Fighting foodons or something. I saw that a few weeks ago. I missed tmnt today though cause I slept in again

That was very funny. Well done.
Ash37 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 10:49 PM       
The episode today was great. It introduced Casey Jones, who was one of my favorites on the old show.

I have very much enjoyed this show so far (aside from the theme song). I can't wait till the episodes are released on DVD. That is, if they plan to...which I really hope they do.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 11:14 PM       
I caught today's episode on accident, and though I'm not completely disappointed, I can't say that I was very impressed either. Not something I'll watch on purpose, though it's nice to see a makeover.

When I heard it was taking more derivation from the comics, I had a small expectation for all red bandanas and more violence, though I suppose it was a pretty unfounded expectation for being on FOX KIDS.

I just have to wonder how they'll handle merchandising.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:09 AM       
Well, I STILL haven't caught it, I just read the website purely for nostalgia.

But I don't think there's much of a chance of getting all the classics on DVD, until Cartoon Network or SOMEBODY out there realizes there are thousands of nostalgic bastards out there that would pay for it .I'd wait for the markdown though... comparatively speaking, when you factor in the price for most DVD box sets by how many episodes you're actually getting, the median cost is usually about $10 PER EPISODE. I think you'd probably be better off going eBay. Damn it.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:54 PM       
Thats were I remember Baxter from. I have his toy. Also I saw Casey in the opening. They better not fuck up Casey. I liked Casey. When we played TMNT i was always Casey.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 11:00 PM       
I just watched the first episode (downloaded) and it wasn't as bad as I expected. It's still shit compared to the original, but it's alright for a remake of one of the most popular toons of all time.

That theme song though...That is just crap.

K-nonFodder is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 12:24 AM       
DUDE who can watch that crap i almost shit my pants in the mall when i saw it on the TV's on the rack it sux, they tried to make the TMNT seems like they had a chip on their shoulder whats with that, c'mon it sux hands down
The Wolf
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
Hey, fuck off.