Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 09:34 PM        I'm a whiny e/n homogay in dire need of your attention!
Some of you might remember when I talked about a girl who was uncomfortable with how "friendly" a coworker was being.

Well, I thought I was becoming friends with her. We'd talk a lot and get along pretty well. As far as I know, no problems.

Then out of the blue, she stops talking to me.

I was working one day, and she came in to visit a guy friend of hers, who is also an assistant manager (same as her). Walks past me without even a "hello," and proceeds to stay in the store for three hours without saying a single word to me.

I, in turn, say nothing to her. Partly out of a "well fuck you too" mindset, and partly because she doesn't want to talk to me, why should I go out of my way to be friendly and bother her? So yeah, I go about my work while the manager, her, and another employee are all talking for the rest of the night. It's up to me to not only train a new girl, but now to maintain the store.

I come in the next day to get my paycheck and return something I bought. The boss is there, and I ask if the paychecks came in. He said they're in the back and she's in the back, "If you can stand to look at her." So I just decided I'd get my paycheck another time. Maybe I read a bit too much into it, but then the next time I worked with him, he kept trying to bring her up along with comments, but I kept managing to get the conversation moving in another direction each time. Consider it a feeble attempt at keeping the drama at a minimum by not playing into it. But to me, it seems I'm now the jerk who won't talk to her, instead of being the guy she doesn't want to talk to.

Again, maybe I was reading too much into it. But THEN, the schedule was written up for the next 3 weeks, and not one single day do I work with her. Which is amazing since;

a) We're down to three managers.
b) She works evenings and weekends.
c) I work evenings and weekends.
d) Before all this happened, I was working on nights with her fairly often.

Our schedules are still the same, so it seemed fairly deliberate that we were not scheduled together.

Then she comes in AGAIN on a day I'm not working to see someone else. AGAIN, walks past me and doesn't say a work. I go off and do some work in the aisles while two other girls from work come in and they all chat with the other assistant manager for a good chunk of the night. The other two girls said hello to me.

But then the boss switched days, and I worked with her tonight. Not one word said to me. Not a single one. But I DID hear her mutter something about how bored I must be, since I was fixing up the cards and video games that were all messed up, instead of not standing around.

What's more interesting is that now her and Mr. Touchy Feely are all friendly now. The same guy she's complain to me about how creepy he was being. He was basically the messenger between us all night.

And the schedule two weeks from now is up, and I'm scheduled with her all of a sudden. So tonight's going to repeat itself then, I guess.

It should also be noted this isn't the first time this has happened with her and I.

Really, I'm thankful that nobody (aside from the boss) has even so much as commented on the situation to my face, even though I'm sure I'm the butt of a joke now. I'm doing my best not to egg on this crap, and just get along and do my work without causing a problem. But I do know that now I'm the jackass of the store.

I'm no stranger to girls just deciding to be my best friend one day, and then ignore me the next. But at the same time, not once have I ever figured out an answer as to why. Part of me cares, because I don't like being the bad guy, and I want to know what I did wrong so I can stop doing it, and I thought her and I were becoming close, and why should I be the one being treated like shit when I don't even think I did anything. Part of me doesn't care, because why should I give a shit about someone who's going to pull something like this, and why should I invest any concern or worry into a job when it's not worth it, because if I do then I'll feel the need to quit to get away from it.

But yeah, work sure is fun now. I get to be laughed at behind my back, AND I get to feel like shit every night I work.

In other news, a family came in today, and said they remembered me from a previous visit, and thanked me for helping them out, and for being so nice. They said they wished I could rub off on a few other employees there, and my parents should be proud for having a wonderful son.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 10:27 PM       
Ask her about it. The way you're describing it she's clearly purposely avoiding you. Chances are you probably didn't do anything.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 11:00 PM       
To me, it's not that simple.

Things are incredibly awkward now, and I don't feel I can just go up to her and say "So why do you hate me all of a sudden?" On top of which, my acknowledging the situation will feed the drama that everyone there lives off of. I'm trying my best not to be a part of that, because it's stilly. I'd rather just do my job than essentially be back in high school.

Edit: And I know that my whole cospiracy theory over all this is childish as well. But it seems like the better of the two options. I do my best to pretend there's no problem while I keep my distance and ignore her, and nobody brings it up and I can do my work and nothing's different at face value. Or I can be all "Why aren't you talking to me what's going on wahhhhhh" and then it's just a whole new chapter in this petty crap. :/
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM       
You don't have to be so extreme. Just strike up a normal conversation and just kind of hint that she's been ignoring you and you noticed.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 12:14 AM       
You sound crazy to me, but thats just me I guess. Kind of like you harbor some sort of deep seeded and passionate hate of females for the way you imagine they treat you. I assure you, they dont actually care.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 01:59 AM       
I kind of wish I were crazy. But usually, when I feel like I'm being paranoid, my concerns end up being valid. Which sucks.

And this doesn't extend to all women, nor am I saying it has to be exclusive to women. But every past instance I've had of something like this involved a girl. Possibly because the majority of my friendships have been with girls.

And believe me, they care. I am not lying when I say that the people that work there love to have drama going on. So if I'm not getting along with someone, that's like a big story for everyone to latch onto, to keep them from being bored. It sucks. :/
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 09:19 AM       
It sounds to me like everybody there is pretty bored and in some dire need of drama. At your expense. Still and all I would opt for just striking up a small conversation with her. At the very least, it would disspell any rumor that you don't want to talk to her, as she says.

Your a great guy James. Try not to let the assholes get you down.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 10:04 AM       
Show up in a tube top and hot pants and start a firey argument with her over something completely irrelevant, like who the real mother is or something. Then take a big, flourish-y type bow to all your co-workers and dance away into the night.

That or try to talk to her. "Hey uh we've been avoiding eachother for a while now and the drama is hella suckage. It's like one of those faggy romance animes that Maggie likes to watch all the time. Who Maggie is is isn't important right now, we gotta discuss this over quesadillas." or something.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekarp
Show up in a tube top and hot pants and start a firey argument with her over something completely irrelevant, like who the real mother is or something. Then take a big, flourish-y type bow to all your co-workers and dance away into the night.
Something very similar is what caused her to be quite terrified of me, and caused my boss to laugh so hard he cried.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM       
who gives a fuck about what some girls think? i thought you had a girlfriend anyways, you shouldn't care about girls that arn't your girlfriend. this is, if you actually have a girlfriend. which you might not. dude girls are twofaced, catty bitches. she probably was just acting like your friend, and now that she's left an impression she's being a bitch now

and it's obviously fucking with your mind, and girls love this shit dude

this is why you shouldn't care what girls think or else you'll become thier little puppet and they can string you along like the sad little boy you truley are inside

or are you a man
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM       
I hate to say it, but that's accuracy incarnate for most girls. If you don't play their games, it makes them so fucking angry, it's awesome.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM       
you guys know some stupid girls
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:37 AM       
Admitting that you're a whiny bitch in a thread title doesn't make it ok.

Edit: that gobble-dee-gook means you're a whiny bitch and it's not ok.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM       
Apparantly you haven't read any of this thread, have you?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM       
Tell her about the kid that looked at you while he peed It's sure to be an ice breaker.

But seriously she sounds like a snake and you might be better off not talking to her.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:11 PM       
i thought e/n stood for entertainment news, wth
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
Tell her about the kid that looked at you while he peed It's sure to be an ice breaker.
Oh, she already knows about that.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM       
I agree with Bubba and Noob. :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
I agree with Bubba and Noob. :/
Bubba's saying I'm crazy. Noob's saying girls are crazy.

So you're saying everyone's crazy?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 06:59 PM       
i agree with achimp
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM       
so what does e/n stand for? and why don't you just ask your g/f these questions, james? and i agree with bubba, only it's people whose opinions shouldn't guide you or drive you, not just girls.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM       
God, I feel your pain. 2 female friends all of a sudden don't talk to me, don't chat with me, don't want to hang with me. (well... I admit one was my fault) but the other? She became ice-bitch cold extreme. And I just came out and asked her.

Basically, just cut the cold shoulder crap, and toss in some drama yourself. Girls love drama, and if you pile it on, they respond.

Try something like
"[insert name], did I do something wrong? I don't want to completely forget our friendship just yet. I treasure friendships deeply, and the thought that I ruined this one is driving me insane. If I did anything wrong, I apologize"

Take all the blame. Girls like to be right all the time.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:38 PM       
Sometimes people turn into super bitches and you should just end the friendship.

I guess that should be a last resort, especially if she used to be a good friend, but don't count it out altogether.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:39 PM       
Emily did something like this to me once, where she was being all silent because she was mad at me over something and was not about to tell me what it was, so I just went about my lunch and day as usual. This got her so mad that she eventually came clean and was all 'CAN'T YOU TELL THAT I'M UPSET' and I said 'Yes, but I don't like to let on that I speak Bitch.'

No sex that week, frowny emoticon.

But yes, don't buy into mind games, it's their species' equivalent to smash bros and THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS NOT TO PLAY did you get that that was from wargames
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 10:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
so what does e/n stand for? and why don't you just ask your g/f these questions, james? and i agree with bubba, only it's people whose opinions shouldn't guide you or drive you, not just girls.
e/n stands for everything/nothing. A term usually associated with emo LiveJournal fagthings.

My girlfriend wants to fight her. She won't, though.

And I'm not just singling out girls here. The situation, and situations in the past, have been with girls. But I'm not generalizing and specifying that it's ONLY girls.