Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM       
Your eyeroll humbles me hickman. Thank you.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:20 AM       
unfortunately most of the people i like a lot are assholes or crazy so it's hard to look up to them ;/ its more like i look at them.
You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM       
Paul Lynde. He pushed his 20-somthing paramour out of his hotel window to his death and no one cared.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:30 PM       
True story.

When I was a kid, there was this famous marine biologist I looked up to. I wanted to be a marine biologist more than anything (this was before I realized my health problems meant I could never scuba dive). I memorized books on marine biology. When I was 8 or 9, my grandmother wrote a letter to this scientist and asked her to autograph a copy of her autobiography for me.

Not only did she do that, but she sent me a whole package of stuff, including several letters, autographed pictures and a shark's tooth. The book inscription read, "All the best to (Kitsa), hoping to meet you some day." The letters invited me to write her if I ever had any questions about marine biology.

I spent years fretting over what could possibly be worthy enough to write to this woman. I finally found a shell fragment and sent it to her asking if she could ID it. I reminded her of who I was and reassured her I was reading like crazy so I could be a marine biologist too. She wrote back, ID'd the shell, said of course she remembered me and I could call or write anytime, and maybe I could come visit her college someday and sit in on a class (this was a very big deal to an 11 year old nerd).

Fast forward a year. This is still before internet. I somehow work up the guts to call the number she gave me. I'm thinking it'll go through to a secretary who will take my number and have my idol call me back. In my naive little brain, I'm sure that's how it'll go down. I call, and am horrified when her voice..the voice of the FAMOUS MARINE BIOLOGIST LADY HERSELF...picks up on the first ring and says, "Yes, hello, what?"

I stammered something about being the little girl who wrote to her and sent her the shell fragment and uh uh uh and basically my mind went blank.

She sounded extremely annoyed and said, "Are you a student? What is your email address?"

uh, uh, uh. I'd never heard of an email address. They must have been starting some barebones email in colleges around that time or something. I stammered that I didn't have one, and somehow she tersely ended the call and hung up on me.

I was absolutely mortified. Anything I'd ever gotten from her I gathered up and put into my proverbial "shattered dreams" box. A few weeks later I found out I needed surgery, my physical activities were forever severely curtailed and none of it mattered anyway.

I wouldn't call or email her now if you paid me. I done been scarred.

Moral: never meet your heroes, you'll only be disappointed.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM       
Tadao with his Bronson look is my new hero.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEU View Post
Paul Lynde. He pushed his 20-somthing paramour out of his hotel window to his death and no one cared.

I love his quips when he was on Hollywood Squares
Anouncer - "A group of geese is a gander. Paul, what is a group of chicken?"
Paul - "A Bucket"

Anouncer - "When a man falls overboard you yell MAN OVERBOARD! What do you yell if a woman falls over?"

Paul - "Full speed ahead"

I also look up to John C Reilly.