FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM       
I even liked the old 50s one
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM       
And to a lesser extent the newer new one.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM       
jesus fuck forget i said anything

the thing was the best movie of all time

i just don't like horror movies that take themselves so seriously.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 06:48 PM       
Like Alien
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM       
I heard House at the End of the Street is basically The Grudge, and fuck that shit, it's already been Americanized once. Twice? Three times.

Not seeing it. I'll wait for moviespoiler.com

Edit: Ok, having just read the spoiler, the person who said it was like The Grudge is apparently an idiot and it is not at all like The Grudge, but it still seems unappealingly long and boring so I'll still skip it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
jesus fuck forget i said anything

the thing was the best movie of all time

i just don't like horror movies that take themselves so seriously.
Yeah, let's just forget that the purpose of most horror movies is to frighten. Idiot.

That was very funny. Well done.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM       
I watched Chopping Mall today. I forgot how great that movie is.
They got Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov just to be Paul and Mary Bland at the very beginning and then disappear for the rest of the movie.

I also got a shipment in today:
Spoilers!
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, let's just forget that the purpose of most horror movies is to frighten. Idiot.
suck

my

dick

the purpose of all movies is to entertain
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM       
Jump scares have gotten way the fuck out of control recently
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM       
Quote:
suck

my

dick

the purpose of all movies is to entertain
Yeah so your idea would be to cast the movie with John Candy instead of Kurt Russell.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM       
i'd prefer bobby rhodes personally
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM       
And when they hit someone with a flamethrower they make a Warner Brothers cartoon scrambling noise.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM       
I didnt realize serious and entertaining were mutually exclusive.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM       
SO I WAS WATCHING THE MOVIE PREDATOR TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I CAN'T STAND THE LACK OF PLOT AND ALSO IT HAD A FUCKING ALIEN IN IT. WHAT A STUPID MOVIE.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM       
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The Hausu story is making me want to drag out my copy and make Mr Kitsa sit through it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM       
I JUST WATCHED AKIRA KUROSAWA'S MOVIE SEVEN SAMURAI AND HATED IT. I HATE JAPANESE MOVIES THAT TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY, ALSO IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY TENTACLE RAPE.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM       
the thing sucks and fuck you.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM       
I still think you owe an explanation on what is lacking in the plot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:01 PM       
I'M NOT GONNA DEBATE YOU, JERRY
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM       
why do i owe an explanation for anything? read any post of mine in this thread and i'm talking about how disappointing movie X is. get off my back.

there's an alien in antarctica and it takes on the form of that which it kills/infects. that's the entire plot. add kurt shitty russell and wilford internet-meme brimley and millions of obsessive fans aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the thing in a nutshell.

also akira kurosawa never did any horror movies and he's my favorite filmmaker. suck it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM       
I WANT COMPLETE SECURITY. HECK, FDIC. I DON'T SEE NOTHING LIKE THAT HERE.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM       
Quote:
why do i owe an explanation for anything? read any post of mine in this thread and i'm talking about how disappointing movie X is. get off my back.
I'm sorry, I considered you a respectable member of our community with rational thought. Should we treat you like GW?

Quote:
there's an alien in antarctica and it takes on the form of that which it kills/infects. that's the entire plot.
You are saying that more is better? How would you improve on this story? Did it need some kind of M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end? Kurosawa movies have one plot by that standard.

Quote:
add kurt shitty russell and wilford internet-meme brimley and millions of obsessive fans aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the thing in a nutshell.
So the director said to himself "I'm going to cast Russell and Brimley because 20 years from now people are going to do this thing on the internet that will catch on among hipsters!"

Seriously dude, are you really just going to bubble every movie from the past into HIPSTERS LOVE IT SO I CAN'T?

Quote:
also akira kurosawa never did any horror movies and he's my favorite filmmaker. suck it.
I never said he did. I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I JUST WATCHED AKIRA KUROSAWA'S MOVIE SEVEN SAMURAI AND HATED IT. I HATE JAPANESE MOVIES THAT TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY, ALSO IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY TENTACLE RAPE.
Also Kurosawa used Yurei several times in his movies which (BACK THEN) was terrifying to the Japanese people. HOW DARE HE!

I don't care if you like the Thing or not. What I do care about is that you frequently talk shit about movies here and never back it up with a reasonable explanation.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM       
SEVEN SAMURAI'S PLOT ONLY CONSISTED OF SEVEN SAMURAI AND A TOWN OF OPPRESSED PEOPLE. NOTHING ELSE PEOPLE. THIS MOVIE SUCKED.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM       
why do you care that i frequently talk shit about movies and whether or not i decide to back that up with objective fact? seriously, i don't put that much thought into movies. sometimes i watch a movie and i like it and sometimes i watch a movie and i don't like it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM       
So...you're a character from Idiocracy, then? Wait, no, they knew what they liked and disliked. Your reasons seem entirely nonexistent, arbitrary, or just fucking stupid (WILFORD BRIMLEY BECAME A MEME!).

That was very funny. Well done.